Thinking of the future

M. Wrotto

4 hours ago, M. Wrotto said:

No shot at playoffs anymore, but the fans needed to see that the organization isn’t just spinning its wheels. Contact Kliff Klingsbury at USC, see if he would consider OC and asst head coach next year

Did you GENUINELY have these thoughts running through your mind all day and say, "You know what? I'm going to make a thread about an absolutely terrible head coach and someone that couldn't win 7 games with Patrick Mahomes in the Big 12 and suggest the Bills hire him!" and then actually press, "submit" after putting the words on to your computer and rereading them? 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, M. Wrotto said:

No shot at playoffs anymore, but the fans needed to see that the organization isn’t just spinning its wheels. Contact Kliff Klingsbury at USC, see if he would consider OC and asst head coach next year

That's some quality skunk there 

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

Not saying I’ll be rooting against the Bills, but I will admit that the idea of a high draft pick gets me more excited than the idea of watching this team flop in the playoffs again.

It will be nice not picking in the high 20s…. But I don’t see a Top 10:pick either … probably mid teens at best …

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It will be nice not picking in the high 20s…. But I don’t see a Top 10:pick either … probably mid teens at best …

Think bigger buddy, they lose out could be top 8!

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Not saying I’ll be rooting against the Bills, but I will admit that the idea of a high draft pick gets me more excited than the idea of watching this team flop in the playoffs again.

Who is going to make that pick? If it is the current regime, you may want to temper your enthusiasm.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Thanks for sharing. Anymore bad ideas?

Bring back Rex Ryan as D-coordinatoor.   He will be understanding of 12 men on the field penalties.

See if we can trade for Edmunds in the offseason to help with our LB depth. 

Pass a rule to allow extra defensive Time Outs in the 4th QTR.   McD can use them to help opposing offenses select their best plays

All of the above will increase scoring and make games more exciting. 

6 hours ago, M. Wrotto said:

Ridiculous that you think that there is no shot at the playoffs.  Though with Dorsey, I was moving in that direction.

It will be tough to undo the damage quickly, but this team, once coached effectively, and even with the staggering injuries on defense, can still come through this year.

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

McD is trying to save his job …doubt they will lose out… but I’ve been wrong before this season… more than once 

Pretty sure McDermott tries to/wants to win all the games....but some you end up losing anyway.

Not sure we are bad enough to lose out though.  I have us at 8-9 I think.

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Pretty sure McDermott tries to/wants to win all the games....but some you end up losing anyway.

Not sure we are bad enough to lose out though.  I have us at 8-9 I think.

yep… so picking mid teens as I originally suggested is the likely scenario…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.