LAMP DAY!!

NewEra

17 minutes ago, Simon said:

As for the inconsistency on offense; I agree that's a problematic coaching issue that has to be resolved in the offseason.

It's also a talent issue, which i doubt will be resolved in the offseason.

I've said it elsewhere, people had better get used to the idea that this team is floating around .500 for the next few years if no substantive changes are made in the administration of this team (FO and coaching).

I've got no faith that these guys will be able to wrangle themselves out of the cap hell that bringing in 8 billion year old Von Miller caused.

That's an albatross that'll take them both down, imo

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Looks at me- this is why we lost.

We aren’t going to make the playoffs.  

McD sucks

20 different Josh Allen __________ threads

Beane sucks.

Dorsey is the worst

104739295 threads about you

this place is insufferable after losses.  Get a grip. We lost to a very good team by 6 points while committing 2 huge turnovers.  Our defense, while ravaged by injury kept us in the game until the final Mixon 3rd down run.  Just so happens that a very good team made a couple more plays than we did.  Is that on coaching?  Is that on Beane?  Is that on Dorsey?  No-  it’s just so happened to be on the bengals.  Every loss isn’t because we lost.  Sometimes the opposition wins.  

who was Cinci missing to injury this game?  Undermanned and outgunned by a very good team.  

5-4-  not where we thought we be.  We also didn’t think we’d be without Milano- Tre and daquan for the season.  Those are the breaks.  Lots of luck involved ladies and gents. Time to see what we’re made of.

What flavor is that Kool aid?

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

It's also a talent issue, which i doubt will be resolved in the offseason.

I've said it elsewhere, people had better get used to the idea that this team is floating around .500 for the next few years if no substantive changes are made in the administration of this team (FO and,coaching).

I've got no faith that these guys will be able to wrangle themselves out of the cap hell that bringing in 8 billion year old Von Miller caused.

That's an albatross that'll take them both down, imo

Bills are close to 30 million over the cap next year.   Here's your UFAs next year.    at DE Floyd, AJE, Lawson,  at DT Daquon Jones, Philips and Settle, at WR Gabe and Sherfield, in the secondary, Hyde, Dane Jackson, Cam Lewis, Rapp.   I dont see any young up and comers at DE, DT, S or WR(other than Shakir and he's a 3).   Good luck with that Beane.   Maybe he can trade away more picks and turn 2nds into 5ths and 6ths.   The cocky picture of the drink and trapper hat seems a while ago.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

McD sucks

Beane sucks.

Dorsey is the worst

this place is insufferable after losses.  Get a grip. We lost to a very good team by 6 points while committing 2 huge turnovers.  Our defense, while ravaged by injury kept us in the game until the final Mixon 3rd down run.  Just so happens that a very good team made a couple more plays than we did.  Is that on coaching?  Is that on Beane?  Is that on Dorsey?  No-  it’s just so happened to be on the bengals.  Every loss isn’t because we lost.  Sometimes the opposition wins.  

who was Cinci missing to injury this game?  Undermanned and outgunned by a very good team.  

5-4-  not where we thought we be.  We also didn’t think we’d be without Milano- Tre and daquan for the season.  Those are the breaks.  Lots of luck involved ladies and gents. Time to see what we’re made of.

Why should I post in your LAMP when I can just go start my own LAMP:wub:

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan714 said:

Bills are close to 30 million over the cap next year.   Here's your UFAs next year.    at DE Floyd, AJE, Lawson,  at DT Daquon Jones, Philips and Settle, at WR Gabe and Sherfield, in the secondary, Hyde, Dane Jackson, Cam Lewis, Rapp.   I dont see any young up and comers at DE, DT, S or WR(other than Shakir and he's a 3).   Good luck with that Beane.   Maybe he can trade away more picks and turn 2nds into 5ths and 6ths.   The cocky picture of the drink and trapper hat seems a while ago.

Exactemente.

This team is *****. Short-and-medium term *****. It would probably be better to blow it up and start from scratch than gimp through a defensive rebuild, take a 3-4 win season next year and emerge in 2025 in a much more tenable position.

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I think we had a realistic shot at the end and were starting to do things on offense that could win the game and we only had 1 TO left to stop Cincy with over 3 

minutes left. Because McDermott used 1 on a very questionable challenge, and while he was on defense of I’m not mistaken, much earlier in the quarter. I dont even remember what it was used for. But the fact is, in a close game, where you know you may need all of your timeouts at the end he never has them. 

and if that wasn’t good enough, it was the terrible defense the team played with the game on the line. Huge cushions on their WRs all game. Von has shown that he’s not back yet, yet he was in there on an obvious running down at the end there. Lawson is much better at stopping the run and containing. This loss is on the coaches imo with the compounding terrible decisions they’ve made not only in the game, but leading up to the game during the season. 

McDermott and Dorsey have taken us as far as they can. It’s time for them to leave. 

We played a hot team, that was considered to be as good, if not better than us to start the season…..in their stadium. 

In theory, if both teams were 💯, it would be an even matchup.  But both teams weren’t 💯.  One was healthy.  The other has been ravaged by injuries and even accumulated a few more critical injuries during the game. We lost by a score, in a game where we turned the ball over in the 4th qtr in the red zone.  We held a high powered offense to 24 pts….3 in the 2nd half…..after losing our only starting LB.

and this is mcdermotts fault?  Time management…. and a challenge?  That’s why we lost?  Good grief.  

see you guys next week-  enjoy wallowing in your misery. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

We played a hot team, that was considered to be as good, if not better than us to start the season…..in their stadium. 

In theory, if both teams were 💯, it would be an even matchup.  But both teams weren’t 💯.  One was healthy.  The other has been ravaged by injuries and even accumulated a few more critical injuries during the game. We lost by a score, in a game where we turned the ball over in the 4th qtr in the red zone.  We held a high powered offense to 24 pts….3 in the 2nd half…..after losing our only starting LB.

and this is mcdermotts fault?  Time management…. and a challenge?  That’s why we lost?  Good grief.  

see you guys next week-  enjoy wallowing in your misery. 

I’m simply saying. And completely stand behind. The fact that even though all your points are 100% correct. They were still only 6 points away from winning this game. And had their opportunities. And they still botched it. The coaching imo is the reason. Despite all the facts that you’ve pointed out, they were still in the game. And yet they lost it. It falls back on coaching. 

Just now, mrags said:

I’m simply saying. And completely stand behind. The fact that even though all your points are 100% correct. They were still only 6 points away from winning this game. And had their opportunities. And they still botched it. The coaching imo is the reason. Despite all the facts that you’ve pointed out, they were still in the game. And yet they lost it. It falls back on coaching. 

Try and enjoy your week. No disrespect intended. 

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

McD sucks

Beane sucks.

Dorsey is the worst

I agree it is insufferable sometimes but I also think it's good to vent as well. This team has been so close the past couple of years and are now looking a bit lost so I don't think if these posters have a problem with whatever it is, this is a good place to get it out. I tend not to read a bunch of the threads because I don't want to get sucked into the hate lol but I get it. A nice win and it will be a bit better, a win like the game against Miami would be much needed right now.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

You get a grip... if you're still in the "This Is Fine" category then nobody will be able to help you. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

McD sucks

Beane sucks.

Dorsey is the worst

LAMP's confuse me.  Does anyone post hoping no one will look?  

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

19 hours ago, Simon said:

The bigger problem I see is that the team we're watching out there is not the one he actually built.

If you count Von Miller (and I do) they were missing over half their starting defense most of the game last night.

Over half their starting defense.

You just can't win ball games with that kind of handicap.

As for the inconsistency on offense; I agree that's a problematic coaching issue that has to be resolved in the offseason.

When does our offense get back to the business of putting up 30+ points a game? the Bengals score 21 in the first half and only 3 in the second half. For our defense to pull that off against a very good offense with what we had left on the field? is AMAZING?

BUT

And here is the big But.

MC D is responsible for matching a rookie buddy friend of JA to OC. and no matter how you scrap things off the field on defense.. THAT is McD's Fault.

THAT simple.  That sole decision falls on one person... the HC.  and because the HC made a STUPID decision to flip a young rookie OC... We have wasted 2 of Josh Allens Prime Years. 

So if you A. Blame McD for horrible time management or.. B. Blame McD for horrible end game decisions or C. Blame McD for who he hired..

who's fault is it? All ears? That is right. McD. 

Sorry for the rant. Obviously I want McD gone for different reasons then what you were defending or against but at the end it does not matter. In my opinion this HC cant get us to the end game. A Superbowl win. 

Lots to Blame with Beane as well... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

20 hours ago, dorquemada said:

TBD posters are more committed to the Buffalo Bills than the guys getting a paycheck from them, it would seem

I brought this up in a different thread a couple days ago. IMHO, the Bills have a lot of guys who are just going through the motions to collect a paycheck. Definitely seems like most of them are not “going all out.”

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bob Jones said:

I brought this up in a different thread a couple days ago. IMHO, the Bills have a lot of guys who are just going through the motions to collect a paycheck. Definitely seems like most of them are not “going all out.”

"If the coaches don't want Josh Allen taking risks, why should I?"

they're not stupid.  Like i said, there's a cancer in the locker room.  It'll be interesting when we finally find out who it is. 

4 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

"If the coaches don't want Josh Allen taking risks, why should I?"

they're not stupid.  Like i said, there's a cancer in the locker room.  It'll be interesting when we finally find out who it is. 

Just hoping it’s not Josh 

Just now, mrags said:

Just hoping it’s not Josh 

Same.  I'm willing to be it's not Diggs, i feel like him and Milano show up every game with the same intensity.  There's only so many guys it could be that would have the sort of impact that results in the Bills barely showing up for 4 games this year

20 hours ago, Bangarang said:

A LAMP criticizing other LAMPs. 

If you must, think of him like Jesus, carrying the weight of every whining sinner on the board.  While it's a bit of a lamp, it's very accurate, too many yahoos spewing nonsense.   See this gem, for instance:

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

Same.  I'm willing to be it's not Diggs, i feel like him and Milano show up every game with the same intensity.  There's only so many guys it could be that would have the sort of impact that results in the Bills barely showing up for 4 games this year

Well. This is where I’m at with this. It doesn’t have to be a player. It could very well be the egomaniacal McDermott. He’s sucking the life out of all these guys. Look at how things have played out over the last year. We used to play very lose. Fun football. Up until we started to struggle on offense last year. Then all the sudden McDermott changes. Becomes even more of a micromanager. He sucks all the fun out of the team. Makes them play even more tight and strict. Then the injuries start piling up because these guys are playing too tight. Then McDermott gets even tighter. And now these guys are playing like there’s a noose around their necks. 

I really don’t think I’m wrong on this. But that is my opinion of course. But this coaching staff is ruining this team. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well. This is where I’m at with this. It doesn’t have to be a player. It could very well be the egomaniacal McDermott. He’s sucking the life out of all these guys. Look at how things have played out over the last year. We used to play very lose. Fun football. Up until we started to struggle on offense last year. Then all the sudden McDermott changes. Becomes even more of a micromanager. He sucks all the fun out of the team. Makes them play even more tight and strict. Then the injuries start piling up because these guys are playing too tight. Then McDermott gets even tighter. And now these guys are playing like there’s a noose around their necks. 

I really don’t think I’m wrong on this. But that is my opinion of course. But this coaching staff is ruining this team. 

I can't argue against any of that - it would make the most sense.  Control freak ruins team dynamic.

Cris Collinsworth, the NBC analyst who usually gets about as much criticism from Bills fans as coach Sean McDermott, acknowledged the bad calls on roughing the passer and grounding and a non-call on an obvious trip by a Bengals cornerback. He also noted a Bengals cornerback pulled the face mask of Bills receiver Gabe Davis in the end zone on an incomplete pass and it wasn’t called.’

My biggest concern is that the defense is playing well enough to keep us in every game, even with all the injuries.

The problem is the offense doesn't normally get going until late in the game and we're having to pull games out late. I think McDermott is having Dorsey play a more conservative offense and it's not working. Finally, late in the game, he'll take the reins off. It's been a  consistent theme the last few weeks.

8 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Cris Collinsworth, the NBC analyst who usually gets about as much criticism from Bills fans as coach Sean McDermott, acknowledged the bad calls on roughing the passer and grounding and a non-call on an obvious trip by a Bengals cornerback. He also noted a Bengals cornerback pulled the face mask of Bills receiver Gabe Davis in the end zone on an incomplete pass and it wasn’t called.’

Yeah the officiating sucked.  In the end it didn't make a difference. Cinci could have kept the pressure on and scored 40 while we went 3 and out over and over. THere really isn't a version of events where a McD led team wins that game, we have reached his plateau as a coach and either we recognize that and come to terms with it, or we'll just continue as fans to be shocked and upset every time the Bills have to play a winning team

• Agree 1

It always seems so pretentious and somewhat ironic for the posts that sprout up lecturing fans (fanatics) about negative posts on a community message forum board.  Yeah there are people who are negative and positive, crazy opinions and rational ones but please spare everyone the lecture.  Don’t like the opinion then just move on or comment.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

Yeah the officiating sucked.  In the end it didn't make a difference. Cinci could have kept the pressure on and scored 40 while we went 3 and out over and over. THere really isn't a version of events where a McD led team wins that game, we have reached his plateau as a coach and either we recognize that and come to terms with it, or we'll just continue as fans to be shocked and upset every time the Bills have to play a winning team

I disagree.  Each one of those made a big difference and despite that the Bills are literally crumbling.  They can both be true. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.