LAMP DAY!!

NewEra

41 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep we all want to start threads based on what we think are important facts to discuss.  Ignore if they are not worth discussing.

We'll get the point.

Nothing worse on TSW then your thread is merged & lost somewhere else that may have little to do with your thought (just saw one merged and looked interesting and now somewhere inside a 28 page thread, so no idea what the point was, just thought it maybe interesting😡).

I hate that as well but understand why it happens 

9 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

I believe he called his first timeout when Cincy had a 2nd and 1.

They gained the first down after McD wasted that one, too.

Right. Makes sense. Wasn’t a 3rd and whatever. It was 2nd down and 1 yard to go when they were doing pretty much whatever they wanted to us. McDermott loves his useless defensive timeouts. 

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

I think we had a realistic shot at the end and were starting to do things on offense that could win the game and we only had 1 TO left to stop Cincy with over 3 

minutes left. Because McDermott used 1 on a very questionable challenge, and while he was on defense of I’m not mistaken, much earlier in the quarter. I dont even remember what it was used for. But the fact is, in a close game, where you know you may need all of your timeouts at the end he never has them. 

He pissed the other one away avoiding a Delay on a Dorsey call coming in late. Both were mistakes and he should have had 3 to work with late.

I don't know if they could have got a stop though. They literally had no NFL LB's to put on the field at that point, were rotating guys at corner who had next to no snaps with this team, were using Rapp too much because Poyer was walking down at LB again and couldn't maintain any defensive integrity with the wrong guys out there in waaaay too many places.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

He pissed the other one away avoiding a Delay on a Dorsey call coming in late. Both were mistakes and he should have had 3 to work with late.

I don't know if they could have got a stop though. They literally had no NFL LB's to put on the field at that point, were rotating guys at corner who had next to no snaps with this team, were using Rapp too much because Poyer was walking down at LB again and couldn't maintain any defensive integrity with the wrong guys out there in waaaay too many places.

Welp. Back to McDermotts fault again. He built this team for what it is. And he’s a defensive guru. If he can’t find ways to make it work then it’s on him. It’s also on him that Dorsey still has a job despite the fact that he’s  terrible at it. Imo the common Denominator in all this is McDermott. If I hear the term “complimentary football” one more time I’m gonna puke. So I better stay away from the interviews for the next few days if I want to keep my Duffs wings down 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

Right. Makes sense. Wasn’t a 3rd and whatever. It was 2nd down and 1 yard to go when they were doing pretty much whatever they wanted to us. McDermott loves his useless defensive timeouts. 

Josh Allen used it to avoid a delay of game in the third quarter on 3rd and 6, looked like the play call came in late

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

Beat me to it! 

13 minutes ago, mrags said:

My bad that 2 and 1 defensive timeout was in the first half.

The 1st one wasted in the 2nd half was on the potential delay of game

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Looks at me- this is why we lost.

We aren’t going to make the playoffs.  

McD sucks

20 different Josh Allen __________ threads

Beane sucks.

Dorsey is the worst

104739295 threads about you

this place is insufferable after losses.  Get a grip. We lost to a very good team by 6 points while committing 2 huge turnovers.  Our defense, while ravaged by injury kept us in the game until the final Mixon 3rd down run.  Just so happens that a very good team made a couple more plays than we did.  Is that on coaching?  Is that on Beane?  Is that on Dorsey?  No-  it’s just so happened to be on the bengals.  Every loss isn’t because we lost.  Sometimes the opposition wins.  

who was Cinci missing to injury this game?  Undermanned and outgunned by a very good team.  

5-4-  not where we thought we be.  We also didn’t think we’d be without Milano- Tre and daquan for the season.  Those are the breaks.  Lots of luck involved ladies and gents. Time to see what we’re made of.

You succinctly explained the plight of the defense….injuries. Who can argue?

I’d be interested to learn your take on the offense and its woes. 

Time to see what we’re made of? That question was asked and answered last night, no?

• Like (+1) 2

Losing really sucks but We played the good team.  It could have been easily a blow out lost.  But the team fought back hard in 2nd half.  With all injuries during the game and the refs on critical non call penalties on Bengals, Bills made it very close at the end.  I am giving thumps up for not quitting.  But I still think Our offense needs to be better.

Edited by kkim0904
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Welp. Back to McDermotts fault again. He built this team for what it is.

The bigger problem I see is that the team we're watching out there is not the one he actually built.

If you count Von Miller (and I do) they were missing over half their starting defense most of the game last night.

Over half their starting defense.

You just can't win ball games with that kind of handicap.

As for the inconsistency on offense; I agree that's a problematic coaching issue that has to be resolved in the offseason.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

The bigger problem I see is that the team we're watching out there is not the one he actually built.

If you count Von Miller (and I do) they were missing over half their starting defense most of the game last night.

Over half their starting defense.

You just can't win ball games with that kind of handicap.

As for the inconsistency on offense; I agree that's a problematic coaching issue that has to be resolved in the offseason.

Half their starting defense consisting of aging vets and guys that have shown to be consistently injured. Overpaying for these guys. While not taking into account that they might need their backups to play at some point. And if that wasn’t enough, they went through the very same thing last year. Apparently he didn’t learn from it. 

guys like Poyer and Hyde, should have never been re-signed. Aging vets that were starting to struggle last year. And here we are expecting them to not only stay healthy, but play at pro bowl levels. It was never going to happen. I could say this stuff is on Beane but imo, it’s McDermott that runs this team so it’s on him. Beane just does what McDermott is telling him to do and find ways to make those decisions work. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, kkim0904 said:

Losing really sucks but We played the good team.  It could have been easily a blow out lost.  But the team fought back hard in 2nd half.  With all injuries during the game and the refs on critical non call penalties on Bengals, Bills made it very close at the end.  I am giving thumps up for not quitting.  But I still think Our offense needs to be better.

Gotta love those moral victories. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Looks at me- this is why we lost.

We aren’t going to make the playoffs.  

McD sucks

20 different Josh Allen __________ threads

Beane sucks.

Dorsey is the worst

104739295 threads about you

this place is insufferable after losses.  Get a grip. We lost to a very good team by 6 points while committing 2 huge turnovers.  Our defense, while ravaged by injury kept us in the game until the final Mixon 3rd down run.  Just so happens that a very good team made a couple more plays than we did.  Is that on coaching?  Is that on Beane?  Is that on Dorsey?  No-  it’s just so happened to be on the bengals.  Every loss isn’t because we lost.  Sometimes the opposition wins.  

who was Cinci missing to injury this game?  Undermanned and outgunned by a very good team.  

5-4-  not where we thought we be.  We also didn’t think we’d be without Milano- Tre and daquan for the season.  Those are the breaks.  Lots of luck involved ladies and gents. Time to see what we’re made of.

Haha, what did you expect after a loss? A party at playboy mansion???

honestly, I view as therapy. This season has kinda sucked based on the expectations. Still time to turn it around and I still believe in them, but what have they shown this year to make you believe in that?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.