Is 10 Wins enough to make the playoffs? What is the path to 10 wins?

Chaos

Is 10 Wins Enough to Make the Playoffs  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Is 10 Wins Enough to Make the Playoffs

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
  2. 2. Which teams are the most likely teams for the Bills to beat to get to 10 wins

• Broncos 11/13
    • Jets 11/19
    • Eagles 11/26
    • Chiefs 12/10
    • Cowboys 12/17
    • Chargers 12/23
    • Patriots 12/31
    • Dolphins 1/7

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

It is extremely unlikely that 10 wins will miss the playoffs due to tiebreaker. The chances of FOUR teams other than division winners having 10 wins are very remote. People spend way too much time focusing on tiebreakers instead of overall record.

Not since 2017 have four Wild Card contenders been tied at the end of the season. And that was with 9 wins (albeit in a 16-game schedule).

The Bills need 10 wins for a ~95% chance of the playoffs.

I see the next 2 as key.  Our new pick-ups will be worked in, and will be ready for those remaining tough teams.  Maybe I’m crazy but we can beat any team left.  I see the fish losing a couple more, then we play them for the division.  Cincy was the toughest match-up on our schedule and we were right there.  We got this!!

Yes, but unlikely, especially when the head to head and conference record gives tiebreakers to pretty much any other 10-7. 
The Bills best chance to make the playoffs is as division winner. That would mean knocking off some pretty tough teams and hoping Miami goes into a slump and loses to the Bills in Miami. 
Right now, unless the Bills ‘figure it out’, they will miss the playoffs. With half their opening day starting defense out and dubious play execution on offense, enjoy the remaining games, but realize there’s probably only 8 more.
Maybe they can get closer to picks between 15 and 20 in the draft to get an impact receiver.  

I'm not sure they can get to that 10 win mark. With those games remaining, I see 2 games that should be locks to win: Broncos and Patriots. I see 3 games that could go either way: Dolphins, Jets and Chargers. I do not want to think about KC, Dallas or Eagles at this point, just make sure the alcohol is nearby for those 3.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 wins will get them in. One game at a time but agree with earlier post on here. Feels like you have to take the next 2 against broncos and jets. You get to 7-4 with couple conference wins and let the fun start. I currently believe bills will make playoffs. Lose to broncos or jets and I’ll have hard time convincing myself they will get in 

So we need to finish better than 3 out of the following 5 teams. Really 3 out of 4 teams if you think Cincy is back to normal.

Steelers (5-3): Worse than their record indicates. Probably turn back into a pumpkin

Browns (5-3): Top defense in the league. Watson is a wild card. Hopefully he sinks their season.

Bengals (5-3): Appear to have figured it out. Pencil them in for the first wild card spot.

Jets (4-3): Never win or lose big. Not sure what to make of them.

Texans (4-4): Easy remaining schedule. It is possible they finish 6-3. Very inconsistent though. Lost to the Falcons and Panthers.

I think we need to really start rooting for the Steelers, Jets and Texans to start losing. Maybe a 9-8 Bills can sneak in the wild card in that case.

The road to 10-7 is not impossible for the Texans and I think they would leap frog the Bills if both teams were tied at that mark.

Yeah, the North will eat each other up a bit, but you could still have 3 teams going from there, two in the South and then the two other division leaders.  

It's going to be tight.

33 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Yes, but unlikely, especially when the head to head and conference record gives tiebreakers to pretty much any other 10-7. 
The Bills best chance to make the playoffs is as division winner. That would mean knocking off some pretty tough teams and hoping Miami goes into a slump and loses to the Bills in Miami. 
Right now, unless the Bills ‘figure it out’, they will miss the playoffs. With half their opening day starting defense out and dubious play execution on offense, enjoy the remaining games, but realize there’s probably only 8 more.
Maybe they can get closer to picks between 15 and 20 in the draft to get an impact receiver.  

I have a hard time seeing all the 10-7 teams though.  

Baltimore Cincy Cleveland

Miami

KC 

Jaguars

7th spot between Houston (great win but they lost to carolina the week before), Pittsburgh (ahead of us at 5-3, but a lot of games left in division and they aren't very good), NYJ (great defense but missing a QB), Chargers, and buffalo. 

This is all assuming Buffalo couldn't catch Miami, which i've seen nothing from them to indicate that buffalo can't.  

2 minutes ago, QCity said:

There will likely be a 9-8 team in the AFC playoffs just like last year. The AFC is the better conference but there's still a lot of bottom feeders.

We won’t have the tie breaker at 9-8 IMO, and there will definitely be a tie at that record.

MUST win the six AFC games.   

I don't care about the Eagles and Cowboys games.  Meaningless games at this point. 

I wouldn't play the starters in Philadelphia with KC the following week, and I'd rest them in Dallas with a trip out to LA after that game.  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

10 wins will mean absolutely nothing, we lose every tiebreaker. It’s division title or bust,  and our schedule will not allow that either. 

not with the garbage we saw last night. Let's just deal with the fact that this team for whatever reason is just not good this year .

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

MUST win the six AFC games.   

I don't care about the Eagles and Cowboys games.  Meaningless games at this point. 

I wouldn't play the starters in Philadelphia with KC the following week, and I'd rest them in Dallas with a trip out to LA after that game.  

We have a bye in between Philly & KC.

We kind of have to win ONE of those games.  If we can't beat on of the top teams - making the playoffs is pointless.

4 hours ago, Ga boy said:

I see the next 2 as key.  Our new pick-ups will be worked in, and will be ready for those remaining tough teams.  Maybe I’m crazy but we can beat any team left.  I see the fish losing a couple more, then we play them for the division.  Cincy was the toughest match-up on our schedule and we were right there.  We got this!!

We can beat ANYONE on that schedule.  The flip side of that is that we can lose to anyone.

But I don't think we should be writing off games like the Eagles & Chiefs. We'll be rightful underdogs in those games - but on a good day, we CAN beat any team in the league.  

I think the Dolphins are weaker than we are.  We'll see how things play out.  I think that last game will likely be for the division.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.