Is 10 Wins enough to make the playoffs? What is the path to 10 wins?

Chaos

Is 10 Wins Enough to Make the Playoffs  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Is 10 Wins Enough to Make the Playoffs

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
  2. 2. Which teams are the most likely teams for the Bills to beat to get to 10 wins

• Broncos 11/13
    • Jets 11/19
    • Eagles 11/26
    • Chiefs 12/10
    • Cowboys 12/17
    • Chargers 12/23
    • Patriots 12/31
    • Dolphins 1/7

Not sure!  There's no game on that list that I would put money on the Bills winning.  They're not getting to 10 wins.

Denver is a question mark, but certainly getting better while the Bills are getting worse.  If the Bills have any professional pride whatsoever they win this game running away but they don't so they won't.  Watch for an even less creative O next week as the coaching staff shrinks from the moment.  Allen's sulky teenager act continues. 

The Jets have our number.  Their D is too good and our O is an uncoordinated mess that only works under a very specific set of circumstances that the Jets are not obliged to provide.  This game is where the wheels completely come off, which leads to

Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, Chargers.  I dont see a win in any of those, maybe LA, but not if they are fighting for a playoff spot.  There is real potential for a 0-7 run here, and this team is not built to stop a slide. 

After that it really doesn't matter.  I suppose they come back and look good in wins over the Pats and Miami, but it'll be too late and only move us down the draft order, and probably convince the Pegulas to give McD another chance.  This team is mentally as soft as tissue paper, and aren't even entertaining any more.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Two questions

1. Is 10 Wins enough to make the playoffs?
  2. What is the path to 10 wins?

Your list really illustrates how important the next two (very winnable) games are. We win those two and we only have to finish 3-3 to get to 10. Lose one and we have a tough road to 10. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

10 wins will mean absolutely nothing, we lose every tiebreaker. It’s division title or bust,  and our schedule will not allow that either. 

still a lot of conference games to go for tie breakers

Jets, Denver, pats, chargers.

All winnable games there

I don't know if 10 wins gets us there due to the tiebreakers, unless Miami falls off and 10 wins can get us the division.

11 seems like the safe number to me.

AFCW - Chiefs

AFCS - Jags

AFCN - Ravens

All look like safe bets to win their divisions at this point.  

If we can't get it together and cede the division to the Dolphins, that puts us in a race with basically everyone except the Patriots for 3 WC spots.

I think the next two are getting pretty close to must wins.. then hopefully we figure something out and are able to take 1/2 in the Eagles/Chiefs split.

Anything less than 3-1 over the next 4 and it feels like we may need to win 4 in a row to get in.

10 could do it, but if we're any tie-breaker situations, it doesn't look great.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

10 wins will mean absolutely nothing, we lose every tiebreaker. It’s division title or bust,  and our schedule will not allow that either. 

It is extremely unlikely that 10 wins will miss the playoffs due to tiebreaker. The chances of FOUR teams other than division winners having 10 wins are very remote. People spend way too much time focusing on tiebreakers instead of overall record.

Not since 2017 have four Wild Card contenders been tied at the end of the season. And that was with 9 wins (albeit in a 16-game schedule).

The Bills need 10 wins for a ~95% chance of the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

NFL Playoff Predictors has a simulator and basically in the AFC if you hit 10 wins you should make it in. The AFC north will eat on itself which will help, the biggest issue is HOU who looks plucky and the Jets if they keep stealing wins.

But realistically the Bills chances breakdown like this:

Must win: DEN NYJ NE

Need 2 of 5: at PHI at KC DAL at LAC at MIA

If the Bills can get to 10 wins before they go to Miami it is plausible they are for the division.

The problem right now is in the past you could depend on the Bills doing their business in the must win games and also winning a big game or two on the road like PHI/KC where the division is 100% a thing. Right now I honestly could see them 8-8 week 18 and in a bad tiebreaker situation just to even hope to get in. Faith o meeter is low.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I tend to be the optimist I all things Bills but there is no path to 10 wins.  The offense cannot score enough to help out the defense.

Read a really good thing that basically the offense has to play perfect right now as the defense has issues making stops. If they turnover the ball it exasperates problems. I use to be for get the ball out of half to double dip with points, but with the offense just middling and the defense lacking to make stops its also imperative the Bills score first now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.