Is 10 Wins enough to make the playoffs? What is the path to 10 wins?

Chaos

Is 10 Wins Enough to Make the Playoffs  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Is 10 Wins Enough to Make the Playoffs

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
  2. 2. Which teams are the most likely teams for the Bills to beat to get to 10 wins

• Broncos 11/13
    • Jets 11/19
    • Eagles 11/26
    • Chiefs 12/10
    • Cowboys 12/17
    • Chargers 12/23
    • Patriots 12/31
    • Dolphins 1/7

What's the point of getting a wild card if we are just going to lose in the first round because we can no longer beat good teams. This isn't 2015 where we would be happy to be there. If we do sneak in the playoffs the chance of us making any noise would be minimal 

9 minutes ago, Success said:

We have a bye in between Philly & KC.

We kind of have to win ONE of those games.  If we can't beat on of the top teams - making the playoffs is pointless.

Oh the Bills need the KC win.  Bills play to win that one.

I'm not expending dry powder on the Philly game.  I don't need concussions, ACL tears, etc. from a game that doesn't materially affect the AFC playoff picture.  

7 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

What's the point of getting a wild card if we are just going to lose in the first round because we can no longer beat good teams. This isn't 2015 where we would be happy to be there. If we do sneak in the playoffs the chance of us making any noise would be minimal 

It depends how they're playing at that time, and who is healthy.

Joseph & Douglas just got here, and I thought both looked pretty solid yesterday.  We MAY get Milano or Jones (or both back).

And we might just get hot.  This team IS good enough to get on a run.  There is usually a surprise team or 2 in the playoffs.

9 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I believe to start we have to win all the Home games remaining.. 

Chargers would be the 10th. Their coaching is possibly just as bad as ours at times. 

It’s also pretty much a home game for any visiting team. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

So they should try to lose then ? Not try to fix their issues and get back to playing good football ? Not sure what the point of that would be. 

3 hours ago, uticaclub said:

But you say there is a chance. 🙂

The only good option for the playoffs is to win the division.  

A loss to KC would give them 5 conference losses.  I'm too tired to look it up but can't imagine too many WC teams making it with 5 conference losses. 

And that assumes a win over the Chargers.

There are too many teams in the WC hunt in AFC 

Only hope is Dolphins drop a game or two and Josh owns them in the final game of the year 

On 11/6/2023 at 9:57 AM, oldmanfan said:

I tend to be the optimist I all things Bills but there is no path to 10 wins.  The offense cannot score enough to help out the defense.

The bolded appears oxymoronic to me. I claim to be an optimist too and I see all the warts that are on display, but an optimist could easily envision wins against the Broncos, Jets, Pats, Dolphins, Chargers and either Chiefs, Eagles or Cowboys. An optimist could envision an improved offense and defense that are playing their best football late season - as opposed to the poor football we've seen lately.

I have seen many optimists, but with all due respect you sir are not that.

P.S. - optimistic me has a hard time seeing this team making a deep playoff run.

6 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

The bolded appears oxymoronic to me. I claim to be an optimist too and I see all the warts that are on display, but an optimist could easily envision wins against the Broncos, Jets, Pats, Dolphins, Chargers and either Chiefs, Eagles or Cowboys. An optimist could envision an improved offense and defense that are playing their best football late season - as opposed to the poor football we've seen lately.

I have seen many optimists, but with all due respect you sir are not that.

P.S. - optimistic me has a hard time seeing this team making a deep playoff run.

Sir, I have been a fan since opening day when my 4 year old butt was sitting at the first game at the Rockpile.  I stayed optimistic when we had Dan Darraugh or Kay Stephenson were QBs.  So with all due respect, I have always taken the positive view.

So it pains me to say I don’t see another victory.  The best chances are the Broncos, Jets, and Pats.  We’ve already lost to the last so, and the Broncos D has woken up.  

It is clear the Bills offense is dysfunctional.  Add to that the D missing so many key guys and we’ve got trouble.  I’ll be delighted to come on here and say I was an idiot if they win .  Nothing would make me happier.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.