1. 1. Yea, or Nay?

• Yes
    • No
    • You're (Hermes) an idiot
    • I'm an idiot

34 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Can that word be used in a sentence?

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Ironically, this has to be the most Billsy thread I have seen in a while.

Ask and ye shall receive… and Miyagi beat me to it. 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

billsy is a cringe word for me. I don't like reading it.   it brings up past traumas. It's the last "verb" I want associated with my football team period

But Im not telling people what to post.  You do you.  *shrugs*

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hermes said:

I'm here today to make a formal request to the incredible mod team here on Two Bills Drive.

I'm sick and tired of fans on this forum using the term "Billsy" as a disingenuous way to compare anything regarding NFL teams, in particular our beloved Bills, to the way the Bills have performed in the past.

I find that this term is childish, pedantic, and frankly detrimental to the Bills organization as a whole. I would whole heartedly support the censoring of this term as many other words are censored on these boards.

Admittedly, I'm probably in the minority here, so I propose, we have a community-wide vote and the results stand. 

This is surely the most “childish and pedantic” post of the day!

It would be considered “frankly detrimental” if the OP hadn’t started drinking before the sun came up for the Chiefs- Fish Fry game! Mulligan then for that part!

Edited by Billsatlastin2018

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

All fan bases have a term like this.. “a very Patsy thing to do” was very common in the early 90’s and is making a strong comeback the last 3 years..

You are wrong about this and wrong about the idea that all fan bases think they are the best.    As a Miami Hurricanes fan(family school) I can assure you our fans aren't the best and it's generally accepted as fact by the fan base.

But back to the point......not all fan bases have a term to describe their futility.   When I coined "Billsy" here on TSW it wasn't because of any other fan base that had a similar reference..........it just fit.   It doesn't have a specific definition and doesn't need to.    It represented the tendency to do the wrong thing during a very long period of mediocrity.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.