Hermes

Should "Billsy" be censored on TBD?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Yea, or Nay?

• Yes
    • No
    • You're (Hermes) an idiot
    • I'm an idiot

I voted Yes, because I do hate the term, and the vote wont make a difference.  But really we shouldn't ban any terms or negative comments about the Bills on this board.  It's a place for fans to vent and share their frustration.  Even though B***** is a stupid term, if some fans think it's useful, go ahead and use it.  

Although this era of the Bills does find unique and heart-wrenching ways to lose dramatic games, I still would rather have this entertaining group to root for compared to some others.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/5/2023 at 1:52 PM, Hermes said:

Exactly! A game where there's 'essentially' no Bills relevance this term is used to describe what exactly? 

Please, explain how/why you use(d) it?

My feelings are irrelevant in this discussion. This a term that's used almost explicitly in a DEROGATORY manner to describe the Bills on a Bills forum.

Why should that be allowed?

I understand somewhat how it can be annoying.  My solution is I set the definition of "Billsy" to mean generous as in being the good neighbors Buffalo is known for.  So if someone is using the term to suggest some definition they attach to it, I still maintain my definition.  It works for me. maybe give it a try using any definition you want to keep the term in your good graces.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, WhoTom said:

"Billsy" is the word that came to mind when the Jets threw a Hail Mary just before the half and the Dolphins turned it into a pick-6.

THERE!  Peterman is vindicated for refusing to launch a 'Hail Mary' just before the half in that Chicago game in 2018!

See, all u haters?! 😁

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, WhoTom said:

"Billsy" is the word that came to mind when the Jets threw a Hail Mary just before the half and the Dolphins turned it into a pick-6.

"Jetsy" just didn't have the same feel to it.

The applicable phrase in that instance is “same old Jets.”

18 hours ago, WhoTom said:

"Jetsy" just didn't have the same feel to it.

We just call that the same old Jets.. or as even their fans say Jets stands for Just End The Season. 

On 11/5/2023 at 5:02 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You want to burn my books too, Stalin?! 

jk

Nah, just ban them…,

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.