Hermes

Should "Billsy" be censored on TBD?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Yea, or Nay?

• Yes
    • No
    • You're (Hermes) an idiot
    • I'm an idiot

I'm here today to make a formal request to the incredible mod team here on Two Bills Drive.

I'm sick and tired of fans on this forum using the term "Billsy" as a disingenuous way to compare anything regarding NFL teams, in particular our beloved Bills, to the way the Bills have performed in the past.

I find that this term is childish, pedantic, and frankly detrimental to the Bills organization as a whole. I would whole heartedly support the censoring of this term as many other words are censored on these boards.

Admittedly, I'm probably in the minority here, so I propose, we have a community-wide vote and the results stand. 

Edited by Hermes
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 8
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

Just now, Lagoon Blues said:

I use it all the time...lol.  in fact I used it during the KC MIA game this morning.

Exactly! A game where there's 'essentially' no Bills relevance this term is used to describe what exactly? 

Please, explain how/why you use(d) it?

Just now, Warcodered said:

Whether I think it's dumb, annoying or self defeating, creating an entire thread to whine about it and ask for it to be censored to spare your feelings is somehow worse.

My feelings are irrelevant in this discussion. This a term that's used almost explicitly in a DEROGATORY manner to describe the Bills on a Bills forum.

Why should that be allowed?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Hermes said:

Exactly! A game where there's 'essentially' no Bills relevance this term is used to describe what exactly? 

Please, explain how/why you use(d) it?

All fan bases have a term like this.. “a very Patsy thing to do” was very common in the early 90’s and is making a strong comeback the last 3 years..

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hermes said:

I'm here today to make a formal request to the incredible mod team here on Two Bills Drive.

I'm sick and tired of fans on this forum using the term "Billsy" as a disingenuous way to compare anything regarding NFL teams, in particular our beloved Bills, to the way the Bills have performed in the past.

I find that this term is childish, pedantic, and frankly detrimental to the Bills organization as a whole. I would whole heartedly support the censoring of this term as many other words are censored on these boards.

Admittedly, I'm probably in the minority here, so I propose, we have a community-wide vote and the results stand. 

it is childish, pedantic, and frankly detrimental to the Bills organization which is why it will not be banned or treated like swear words.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

All fan bases have a term like this.. “a very Patsy thing to do” was very common in the early 90’s and is making a strong comeback the last 3 years..

That's a good point, but how many times did it come up when Brady was playing? I understand it, I just think that a community of adults shouldn't use the term like a bunch of children, when things go a little haywire.

It's like you said. All fans, to some extent do this, but as "the best fans" in football shouldn't we as a collective hold ourselves to a higher standard. Than lamenting past failures and looking for any shred of correlation between now and then

It’s a humorously sarcastic pet saying, nothing wrong with that,

19 minutes ago, Hermes said:

That's a good point, but how many times did it come up when Brady was playing? I understand it, I just think that a community of adults shouldn't use the term like a bunch of children, when things go a little haywire.

It's like you said. All fans, to some extent do this, but as "the best fans" in football shouldn't we as a collective hold ourselves to a higher standard. Than lamenting past failures and looking for any shred of correlation between now and then

First all Fans think they are the best fans in football. Also Brady won 3 SB in his first 4 years as a starter, and was in one every other year.. during his tenure wasn’t much to ever say “Patsy” for.  I think for Bills fans the Bills keep doing dumb things hurt themselves.. like playing badly against a very bad Pats and Giants teams.. That’s why “Billsy” lives on IMO.  I mean could be worse Jet fans think it stand for Just End The Season. Lol

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

First all Fans think they are the best fans in football. Also Brady won 3 SB in his first 4 years as a starter, and was in one every other year.. during his tenure wasn’t much to ever say “Patsy” for.  I think for Bills fans the Bills keep doing dumb things hurt themselves.. like playing badly against a very bad Pats and Giants teams.. That’s why “Billsy” lives on IMO.  I mean could be worse Jet fans think it stand for Just End The Season. Lol

That's just how the NFL is though, the close games like that are a part of the parity in the league. It's just the nature of the beast and not a trait that espouses the failures of a singular franchise.

And man, being a Jets fan would suck, especially this year. You think you might have a solution at qb, Sanchez, Darnold, Wilson, they all suck, and then you go out and get a proven winner, Rodgers, and he blows his Achilles like 5 plays into the season.  At least they have a defense that might carry them out of a good pick this year lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.