222 members have voted

1. 1. Yea, or Nay?

• Yes
    • No
    • You're (Hermes) an idiot
    • I'm an idiot

17 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Bucs just lost a game in a very Billsy way 

I’m not so sure. They got beat by a hot QB. Gut-wrenching disappointment must be ripped from the jaws of imminent success - typically in bizarre or unique fashion - to be truly billsy.

So yeah, the commanders just beat the lowly pats in New England.  How bad does that loss to the pats look now?  Yeah, pretty BILLSY.   THE chiefs and fins played a great, energetic game today in GERMANY.  Not one mention of jet lag affecting the quality of play.   Yet for two weeks all we heard was how travel was badly handled, even tho the chiefs also got in on Friday, and we had to suffer the excuses of how the bills started w no urgency and that carried over to the bucs first half. YEAH, that is BILLSY whining that you seldom hear regarding other organizations.  

And , after Aaron rodgers goes out on the 4th play, our vaunted team proceeds to lose to a Wilson lead team , who literally had a questionable future with the jets.     We lost on the last play to the pats after having the lead , giving up a 75 yard TD drive to Mac jones , losing on the same play to a te that we barely defended against the giants , winning on the last play that game to a vastly inferior roster.  Yeah, that’s BILLSY.  After giving up two Hail Mary passes  in prior games, we just let another one hit the ground with a buc just a head turn away from a winning catch as BILLS players like Poyer were lying on the ground.   Yep, that’s a BILLSY THING    

13 seconds.  BILLSY thing.  Wide right, BILLSY THING.  Losing a 16 point lead in the playoffs,,,,hmmm,,,BILLSY THING. Let’s not mention the other 3 super bowls. 

MAYBE, someday BILLSY  will be an adjective or synonym for greatness. Right now it is what it is and it fits too well. THEY CAN CHANGE IT, FIX IT , REAPPROPRIATE IT!  Let’s see which way the pendulum falls tonight.  If its a 1 possession game , and we lead but the D has to stop BURROWS,,,,,mmmmm, just saying right at this point in history ,,,,,my faith is on the BILLSY thing.  Lol.

Lighten up man,,,it’s just a wonderful distraction for so many weeks.  In the end ,,we are just seen as all pro coach oc’s who have no reasonable clue how to judge good vs bad play and we are not part of their fraternity.  They do appreciate donations tho to their foundations or any activity where they are financially rewarded  to do the really strenuous work of sitting and signing objects. Heaven forbid we jokingly describe a human beings acceptable , occasional foibles as being BILLSY!  AFTER ALL, they only deserve praise.  ( forgive the tongue in cheek stuff,,,but real hero’s like good parents deserve  more attention than the original ludicris poll) 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Billsy is a slap in the face to fans? Dude you take yourself far to seriously. I use it all the time and I take football too seriously but if it bothers you make fun of them 

Maybe you're the problem, bud

6 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

So yeah, the commanders just beat the lowly pats in New England.  How bad does that loss to the pats look now?  Yeah, pretty BILLSY.   THE chiefs and fins played a great, energetic game today in GERMANY.  Not one mention of jet lag affecting the quality of play.   Yet for two weeks all we heard was how travel was badly handled, even tho the chiefs also got in on Friday, and we had to suffer the excuses of how the bills started w no urgency and that carried over to the bucs first half. YEAH, that is BILLSY whining that you seldom hear regarding other organizations.  

And , after Aaron rodgers goes out on the 4th play, our vaunted team proceeds to lose to a Wilson lead team , who literally had a questionable future with the jets.     We lost on the last play to the pats after having the lead , giving up a 75 yard TD drive to Mac jones , losing on the same play to a te that we barely defended against the giants , winning on the last play that game to a vastly inferior roster.  Yeah, that’s BILLSY.  After giving up two Hail Mary passes  in prior games, we just let another one hit the ground with a buc just a head turn away from a winning catch as BILLS players like Poyer were lying on the ground.   Yep, that’s a BILLSY THING    

13 seconds.  BILLSY thing.  Wide right, BILLSY THING.  Losing a 16 point lead in the playoffs,,,,hmmm,,,BILLSY THING. Let’s not mention the other 3 super bowls. 

MAYBE, someday BILLSY  will be an adjective or synonym for greatness. Right now it is what it is and it fits too well. THEY CAN CHANGE IT, FIX IT , REAPPROPRIATE IT!  Let’s see which way the pendulum falls tonight.  If its a 1 possession game , and we lead but the D has to stop BURROWS,,,,,mmmmm, just saying right at this point in history ,,,,,my faith is on the BILLSY thing.  Lol.

Lighten up man,,,it’s just a wonderful distraction for so many weeks.  In the end ,,we are just seen as all pro coach oc’s who have no reasonable clue how to judge good vs bad play and we are not part of their fraternity.  They do appreciate donations tho to their foundations or any activity where they are financially rewarded  to do the really strenuous work of sitting and signing objects. Heaven forbid we jokingly describe a human beings acceptable , occasional foibles as being BILLSY!  AFTER ALL, they only deserve praise.  ( forgive the tongue in cheek stuff,,,but real hero’s like good parents deserve  more attention than the original ludicris poll) 

Jesus, I was wrong @Orlando Tim this guy is CLEARLY the problem

11 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Not one mention of jet lag because both teams were on an even playing field today…the ‘home’ team wasn’t flying out to meet the away team that was there for 10 days.  Those are two completely different situations. 

13 seconds was billsy, a Hail Mary where not one receiver had any idea where the football was falling incomplete not billsy, pats loss billsy, toughing out a game against your previous OC that knew most of your players inside and out not billsy. 

2 minutes ago, chongli said:

Agreed, but could be worse. I've heard "McClappy" and "McDummy".

Mcclappy is the absolute worst thing this board has ever come up with 😂. It’s not funny or clever and clapping is something the vast majority of nfl coaches do haha mcdummy at least preserves the  mcd 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol first I was talking pro teams not college or any lower teams.  Also you are wrong every fan base has a term for when their team does something dumb. It’s the nature of the beast.

So Tampa Bay Rays fans think they are the best when they are in first place and still drawing like a Triple A team?   The Chargers?   The Rams?  GTFOH. :lol:   Just SO wrong.  Plenty of fan bases know they aren't anywhere near the most fervent.  

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So Tampa Bay Rays fans think they are the best when they are in first place and still drawing like a Triple A team?   The Chargers?   The Rams?  GTFOH. :lol:   Just SO wrong.  Plenty of fan bases know they aren't anywhere near the most fervent.  

You do know I was talking FOOTBALL right? And I am sure the Few rays and Charger fans have a term as well. 

7 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

Over/Under on the number of times Billsy gets used in the game day thread tonight? 

Are we talking 1st, or 2nd half, or overall? 

+/- 115 total would be my guess

I could be way off though. Depends how the game goes. Depends how the Bills play

3 hours ago, Hermes said:

Exactly! A game where there's 'essentially' no Bills relevance this term is used to describe what exactly? 

Please, explain how/why you use(d) it?

My feelings are irrelevant in this discussion. This a term that's used almost explicitly in a DEROGATORY manner to describe the Bills on a Bills forum.

Why should that be allowed?

Hmmm does this deserve a "sarcastic" or "im kidding folks" font? I can't imagine a post on this when EVERY fan base has their version of this derogatory term. If not....then billsy has gone woke

13 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Hmmm does this deserve a "sarcastic" or "im kidding folks" font? I can't imagine a post on this when EVERY fan base has their version of this derogatory term. If not....then billsy has gone woke

We're all woke down here

4 hours ago, Hermes said:

I'm here today to make a formal request to the incredible mod team here on Two Bills Drive.

I'm sick and tired of fans on this forum using the term "Billsy" as a disingenuous way to compare anything regarding NFL teams, in particular our beloved Bills, to the way the Bills have performed in the past.

I find that this term is childish, pedantic, and frankly detrimental to the Bills organization as a whole. I would whole heartedly support the censoring of this term as many other words are censored on these boards.

Admittedly, I'm probably in the minority here, so I propose, we have a community-wide vote and the results stand. 

you lose. This thread was the epitome of billsy. 

• Shocked 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.