Raiders fired HC Josh McDaniels and GM Dave Ziegler.

Process

50 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Michigan is being investigated for sign stealing.  Rumor is the school pulled Harbaughs contract extension until the investigation is concluded.  Michigans president was also pretty clear they’d ditch Harbaugh if he wasnt being “clean”.

Plus Harbaugh could avoid NCAA sanctions by going back to the NFL.

If Urban Meyer is indeed going to Michigan State - its further incentive to leave now too.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

oof

Garoppolo is just absolutely butter soft and I am amazed that teams still consider him a viable option as a QB.

I wouldn't put him on my roster at vet minimum unless I was in full tank mode.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Garoppolo is just absolutely butter soft and I am amazed that teams still consider him a viable option as a QB.

If he is all but done in LV you wonder if the Vikings wouldn't inquire about him

6 hours ago, Simon said:

Looks like there might be more to it as well. Raiders are in absolute shambles.

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Raiders are reportedly playing John Gruden and Josh McDaniels 80 million dollars not to coach them. That’s just bad.

Mark Davis is close if not the poorest owner in the NFL.  It’s amazing the incredibly moronic decisions.  He’s taking on senile dads choices, not when Al was young and brought his 70’s teams to the SB.

There was one rumor about Jim Harbaugh.  That actually would be a pretty good idea.  He may be ego maniacal, but he’s a winner, and creates a winning culture.

8 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

just once I’d like to hear the owner just say “Sorry fans, that was a big-ass mistake. This guy sucks, he sucked in his last job and he sucks in this one. I guess I was just conned.”

I couldn't find the quote, but it seemed to me that when Ralph fired Tom Donahoe he came as close as I'd expect. He apologized and said it was an embarrassment. I think he was talking more about how the fans were treated, but it was not great football either.

14 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Telling ya French there’s an SEC team out there that wants a guy like this doing recruiting someone like Florida considering McDaniels is the guy who drafted Tebow 

The Gators won’t hire someone like McDaniels, despite their recent lack of success.  They aren’t that stupid and they know the guy would bail for a new gig as soon as the pressure mounted, and it is immediate at Florida.  Miss. State or some other program like that, maybe, but McDaniels seems like a guy that will find his way to a NFL staff, bc college is an entirely different animal and recruiting is all year job that now requires keeping kids happy so that don’t transfer. 

20 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

6 best Raiders coaching candidates to replace Josh McDaniels, ranked from Frank Smith to Rich Bisaccia

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/raiders-coaching-candidates-josh-mcdaniels-replacements/cab2f225695d308461bf9187

1. Frank Smith

2. Brian Flores

3. Dan Quinn

4. Ben Johnson

5. Ejiro Evero

6. Rich Bisaccia

I will contribute to a 'GoFundMe' for Bisaccia to tell Mark Davis  "🖕🏽".

15 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Guessing when this happens immediately after the trade deadline it’s because of what wasn’t bought or sold? 

They also dropped a stinker on MNF…probably took a day or two for the lawyers to get the paperwork ready…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.