We're overhyping the Bengals

Success

Great team, and they could absolutely beat us on Sunday.

But what's the deal?  Reading this board, we seem to have little to no chance.  If I just went by the posts here, I'd think Cincy was the top team in the league, and unstoppable.

The Bills have lost as many games as the Bengals.  Our losses were all close. Basically down to a play or 2.  The Bengals have been absolutely blown out - twice. Against the Browns and Titans; not exactly world beaters.

"Burrow's calf was hurt" seems to be the main excuse.  Kind of like JA's UCL the entire 2nd half of the 2022 season, or his shoulder much of this season.  Excuses are just that.  That team has gotten blown out - twice.

This is as even a match of good teams as there is in the NFL.  Let's take a break on the doom talk.  Their struggles have been very similar to ours this year.  This should be a great game.

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 23
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, Success said:

Great team, and they could absolutely beat us in Sunday.

But what's the deal?  Reading this board, we seem to have little to no chance.  If I just went by the posts here, I'd think Cincy was the top team in the league, and unstoppable.

The Bills have lost as many games as the Bengals.  Our losses were all close. Basically down to a play or 2.  The Bengals have been absolutely blown out - twice. Against the Browns and Titans; not exactly world beaters.

"Burrow's calf was hurt" seems to be the main excuse.  Kind of like JA's UCL the entire 2nd half of the 2022 season, or his shoulder much of this season.  Excuses are just that.  That team has gotten blown out - twice.

This is as even a match of good teams as there is in the NFL.  Let's take a break on the doom talk.  Their struggles have been very similar to ours this year.  This should be a great game.

Now you did it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The defeatist talk from some is embarrassing, but it’s definitely a “show me” game for a lot of us. 

Bengals losses can be blamed on Burrow’s injury.  

Bills losses are blamed on… what?  Offense has been healthy and is an inconsistent mess.  Defense has injuries that, Rasual Douglas aside, will have to be worked through. 

We showed we couldn’t stop them for a game and two drives last year.  

Our offense made their DC look like an evil genius.  

It’s in Cinci.  

We’re absolutely talented enough to beat them, but we need to see a lot more from this team than they’ve been showing. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

The Bengals have shown each of the last two seasons that they are very dangerous, and they have proven to be an especially difficult matchup for the Bills. That's not really hype. That's just results. And now Burrow is apparently healthy, and they are clicking. It's a really tough matchup for sure. No shame in admitting as much. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Cincis defense shows up for big games, ours doesn’t. If the Damar incident doesn’t happen we are probably getting blown out that game and the Bills players know it. Cinci always starts off slow and then gets hot this time of year. A win would be YUGE and keeps us on track for another division title, while a loss could knock us out of the playoffs. So the ramifications of this matchup are massive, this would be Cincis 4th conference loss too.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

They look closer to the Bengals that ended the Bills season last year as they are on a 3 game winning streak. But I have a good feeling about the game. I think the Bills will come out strong on offense as I think they found the secret sauce with Kincaid and Shakir going strong along with the no huddle to simplify things. 

I also think adding Douglas gives the Bills defense a better chance against that strong WR trio. Overall I think the Bills come out strong in this one coming off the mini bye and all

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Success said:

I think a lot on this board are afraid to see how the Bills D holds up against an elite O. I myself am expecting a shoot out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, Success said:

Most Bills fans on here seem to have a complex.  It's an emotionally weak defense system. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

This could get ugly. 

This is the “embarrassing defeatist talk” I referenced. 

Talent wise, there is no reason that should happen.  It would be a major red flag reflection on Allen and the coaching staff. 

Von is still working back, Douglas will be getting acclimated, Allen healing up from a shoulder injury and Knox is out, but coming off a mini-bye, they have enough healthy talent to win this game…and they ****ed around enough already this season that the excuses have run out.  ….and they also know that. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.