Bears CB Jaylon Johnson Requests to be Traded

ExiledInIllinois

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Which means trading for another WR is even a BIGGER waste :thumbsup:

Plenty to cover his salary this year.

There will be lots of changes next year. Tre White, Poyer, Hyde, Morse, plus others will likely/could be gone and cap savings on each.

There has to be a ton of turnover this offseason,no way around it.  I agree with everyone you listed,and I don't pay Davis, he just isn't worth it and past time to move on from.  

Next year is a rebuild, it has to be. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

Is this legit

I just want you to know I read "Is this legit" to the tune of Huey Lewis and The News "If this is it"

and to tell you so it sounds like it is not since that account that posted seems to be not serious.

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I realize that lol. I think that was a different situation though. I feel like he has had many opportunities to make stuff happen since and has been too reluctant to

when cap constrained it’s important to be reluctant in parting with early picks that are supposed to produce cheap starters for 4 years. 

at the same time they were pretty good at dealing players for picks that weren’t their guys, when they first came to town. Darby, Sammy, Tyrod I think? 

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

I just want you to know I read "Is this legit" to the tune of Huey Lewis and The News "If this is it"

and to tell you so it sounds like it is not since that account that posted seems to be not serious.

"Please let me know...I want to knoooow-ooooww-oooowww!"

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

There has to be a ton of turnover this offseason,no way around it.  I agree with everyone you listed,and I don't pay Davis, he just isn't worth it and past time to move on from.  

Next year is a rebuild, it has to be. 

Thank you!

We have a lot of pieces coming due this offseason with no cap space, and no young guys on rookie deals to replace them with. When people say "It is time for Beane to go all in", he more or less has. We don't have any edge rushers, wide receivers, safeties, or nose tackles to fill in for the coming free agency. 

Any major UFA/Trade will risk this team going down the Rams/Saints cap management route, which is taking those teams years to crawl out of. I would rather not and just take a mild step back for a season or two. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

Is this legit

Man they got fleeced if true lol.  I wouldn’t have hated bringing him in but that’s way too much to give up 

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

This is the post of the year haha 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, rm -rf /* said:

If that is legit, then this must be too. Logic catch it.

Dude also says Young is getting traded for a 1st, and that Sweat is getting traded for a 3rd.  Seeing all that, and that he has 11 followers, it's more than likely made up.

Edited by cle23
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Saint Doug said:

This is fine. More likely than not, White’s contract will be going away. Give him that money and don’t re-sign Davis. 

They can't just erase the contract. They can cut him, which comes with a penalty, but ultimately a $6M savings for 2024. We would still need to find another $10-12M. 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

McDermott's scheme is different when he has an island CB1. When he knows a third of the field is taken away by one guy, it changes everything he can do in the back 7. The reason he's been blitzing so much lately is he has no faith that our coverage will hold up.

So if we're assuming Tre is done and Elam is a bust (both reasonable assumptions), getting that caliber of player is still a huge need for our defense, arguably the biggest need on the entire team.

The fact that they play A LOT of zone opens the draft board up for them though.  

They don't NEED to spend a 1st round picks on a CB to get that quality of player they can go day 2 or even day 3.

It's worth noting that CB salaries have largely leveled off as salaries at other premium, edge-island positions are increasing...........the reason is supply and demand.   The supply of talented CB's tends to be pretty good well into most drafts.    Goes back to Parcells' "planet theory"........there are lot's of 6' tall guys who can run but can't catch the football well enough to be a WR.  That's how you get a solid CB2 talent like Benford in round 6.    

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dunkirk Donski said:

While we wait for the trade, does anyone know what Jamie is up to nowadays?

That's a good question! I saw recently that Scotty and Maddox were both doing autograph signings in the area, but nothing I have seen about Jamie.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.