10/26/23 Week #8 TNF GAMEDAY Bills vs Buccaneers Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Looking for Allen to be elite. Here is my recipe:

When Allen is pressured, which he absolutely will be tonight, he HAS to be wiser about when to take the hot route and when to be Superman. I am not advocating for more or less of one of these options, but instead for him to be more heady of down and distance, circumstances, yard line, game flow, etc.

Those clamoring for Allen to run more, I’m with you.

Thise arguing that Allen needs to take the easy throws and be surgical with quick hitters. I’m with you, too!

The most elite version of Allen would be that which can hurt teams in multiple facets depending on the situation 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Allen is going to face some big time pressure tonight. Is the offense up to the task? I’m not so sure.

On defense, ugh. Not expecting a good night. Mac Jones put up 29 with crap weapons around him.

Sorry for being a Debbie Downer but I’m not expecting a Bills victory tonight.

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Elam again?
Dorian Williams?  
Poona Ford?

Surprise would be Jordan Phillips 

Gabe??? 

Williams wouldn’t shock me. At all.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Word is getting out. It was just confirmed to me again Norman and Isabella will be active tonight, Elam will be inactive. No Joel Wilson. They're comfortable with Gilliam as TE2 if they need him.

I wonder if they want to try Isabella in the slot before considering a trade for someone like Renfrow? 

Also, we should look to trade Elam while he still possibly has value to other teams in a player for player deal

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Word is getting out. It was just confirmed to me again Norman and Isabella will be active tonight, Elam will be inactive. No Joel Wilson. They're comfortable with Gilliam as TE2 if they need him.

Wouldn't they have had to been called up from the PS yesterday for this to be possible?

Just now, Process said:

Benching Elam for a washed up 35 yo CB who they just signed off the street two weeks ago would be absurd.

I don't agree with it either.....but the whole Elam situation is weird.   Guy played well last year against Miami in the playoffs

Still ends up as CB3/4 in camp.

Didn't look good against Jacksonville.     Refs know he has a penchant for excessive holding too 

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Are Davis and Elam sitting out for a trade? trades?? Hmmm he's right inactives will be interesting if Norman and Isabella are dressing.

I'd guess Ty Johnson is inactive.    6 WR's  with Isabella getting return duties and some offensive snaps.

If it was me, I'd give him significant time in the slot with Kincaid 

9 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

If it is true Isabella is up, who is he replacing at WR? Sherfield? Harty? Or do we go with 2 running backs and sit down Ty? 

I don't think Isabella is going to replace anyone. My guess is we are going with a ton of 11 personnel tonight so they just want the extra WR. But we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think Isabella is going to replace anyone. My guess is we are going with a ton of 11 personnel tonight so they just want the extra WR. But we'll see.

Isabella is brought up in place of Knox is my guess.  One pass catcher for another although different positions.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.