Bills vs Tampa Bay. On to Week 8

BuffaloBillyG

2 minutes ago, Deadstroke said:

The guy's a 4.31.  4.31!!  That's not just fast, it's up there with the league's fastest.  He played well in pre-season, so what am I missing here?  Seems like on a team with mediocre team speed that giving him a shot is a no brainer.

despite him showing in camp he had immediate chemistry with Allen, and he has speed we badly need...

the staff hasn't "had long enough to trust his process"

that would be my guess

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

despite him showing in camp he had immediate chemistry with Allen, and he has speed we badly need...

the staff hasn't "had long enough to trust his process"

that would be my guess

Also, he is tiny. Like 5'6" so not much of a catch radius. Still, he has made some key plays the last 2 weeks, so I believe he merits more looks in the offense.

Edited by 2003Contenders

13 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Taron Johnson is my guess

Honestly, if anyone is going from starter to inactive in one week it's likely Dorian Williams IMO. Not predicting it, but based on the fact that rookies find the dog house much quicker than vets on this team it wouldn't shock me either.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Trade implications if a surprise name is on there.

Quite possibly. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Honestly, if anyone is going from starter to inactive in one week it's likely Dorian Williams IMO. Not predicting it, but based on the fact that rookies find the dog house much quicker than vets on this team it wouldn't shock me either.

lol so many people jumping to Gabe and a pending trade in the replies. I think its going to be much more mundane and DWill is my guess too. But whoever it is I would bet it is not anything that groundbreaking

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Quite possibly. 

Dorian wouldn't be much of a surprise IMO

5 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Is Dorian interesting? Guys been benched a couple times already 

might be interesting to Joe, that they leave a rookie thats been starting inactive. Its a bit interesting that they wouldnt want to even have him learn from experience.

1 hour ago, Deadstroke said:

The guy's a 4.31.  4.31!!  That's not just fast, it's up there with the league's fastest.  He played well in pre-season, so what am I missing here?  Seems like on a team with mediocre team speed that giving him a shot is a no brainer.

His hands are small (smaller than harty or mckenzie), he catches with his body too much, and will drop passes.  He's also not great on deep passes for someone that fast. 

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Looking more and more like @HappyDayshad the info correct! Thanks again for passing it along yesterday, Happy.

Based on this...?  Elam?  Isabella would be likely due to the fact that we have 1 healthy TE and want the extra depth for a 3 WR game if i had to guess.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

44 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Trade implications if a surprise name is on there.

I highly doubt it.  Nobody outside the organizations staff knows the inactives for tonight.  All these people on twitter whose identities depend on people thinking they know more than they do drive me crazy.

this whole idea that isabella and norman being active is A. a good thing is odd B. They probably wont get many snaps if they are.

It is nuts that we might seem josh norman playing tonight in an nfl game.  I really hope it doesn't happen.

Edited by MikePJ76

9 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

I think I conflated another twitter post perhaps, but I thought I read people will be surprised.

We'll have to see. If reports are right and it is Isabella getting the call up...the surprise may be the corresponding inactive. Maybe Harty? That would surprise some based on his contract I suppose.

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I highly doubt it.  Nobody outside the organizations staff knows the inactives for tonight.  All these people on twitter whose identities depend on people thinking they know more than they do drive me crazy.

this whole idea that isabella and norman being active is A. Not a good thing B. They probably wont get many snaps if they are.

It is nuts that we might seem josh norman playing tonight in an nfl game.  I really hope it doesn't happen.

I tend to agree.  Just with today being the last game before the deadline would make it interesting if there is a surprise name on this list.  And in reality, he really didn't hint at anything.  Just said that the inactives should be interesting to see tonight.  clicks, replies and retweets are what they are after and that usually gets it done.

Regarding Norman, if he is playing and Elam is inactive then I think that is leaning toward him being traded.  If your starting a guy off the couch over a player that has been there practicing with the team it's a little telling how they feel about Elam.

Edited by The Wiz

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

this whole idea that isabella and norman being active is A. Not a good thing B. They probably wont get many snaps if they are.

So, what happens when the lists come out...and they were right? Those would be 2 really lucky arse guesses to pull out of thin air.

Just now, The Wiz said:

I tend to agree.  Just with today being the last game before the deadline would make it interesting if there is a surprise name on this list.  And in reality, he really didn't hint at anything.  Just said that the inactives should be interesting to see tonight.  clicks, replies and retweets are what they are after and that usually gets it done.

Regarding Norman, if he is playing and Elam is inactive then I think that is leaning toward him being traded.

yeah it could for elam.  He has no trade value though so he will either be a throw in, a dump for a late round pick or conditional pick or straight up swap for another underperforming similar player.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So, what happens when the lists come out...and they were right? Those would be 2 really lucky arse guesses to pull out of thin air.

Nothing happens.  If the bills told a few reporters/twitter people that elam will be inactive tonight that is not a big deal.  It simply is not.

if the bills were telling reporters/twitter people.....hey we are sitting these guys because we have multiple trade conversations going on and are looking to improve the roster and do not want these guys getting injured tonight......That would be a big deal.  

I have a friend who works for an nfl team and because of his job he hears stuff everyday.  He showed me years ago how teams will let out what they want out even if they do not admit it.  For this particular team he even told me the person who gave out the info after meetings!  

4 minutes ago, balln said:

What an embarrassment for beane and McD if Isabella and Norman active, w elam not dressing. Utter trash. Beanes draft record is abysmal outside of Allen.

Every team misses on corners and safeties.  It happens every year

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

yeah it could for elam.  He has no trade value though so he will either be a throw in, a dump for a late round pick or conditional pick or straight up swap for another underperforming similar player.

Probably the best case would be Elam and a pick or two for a decent LB.

7 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

From NFL.com:

TE Dawson Knox (wrist) is likely to be placed on injured reserve, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source. Knox is out tonight against Tampa Bay and is expected to undergo surgery

I would hope they would do that now then (IR) as I believe he has to miss 4 games/weeks.  If he sits tonight and they don't move him to IR until after the game I think he would have to sit another 4 minimum (so 5 total minimum).

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Nothing happens.  If the bills told a few reporters/twitter people that elam will be inactive tonight that is not a big deal.  It simply is not.

if the bills were telling reporters/twitter people.....hey we are sitting these guys because we have multiple trade conversations going on and are looking to improve the roster and do not want these guys getting injured tonight......That would be a big deal.  

I have a friend who works for an nfl team and because of his job he hears stuff everyday.  He showed me years ago how teams will let out what they want out even if they do not admit it.  For this particular team he even told me the person who gave out the info after meetings!  

That is all good and well. But what you just said really contradicts what you said before that I bolded. "No one outside the organizations staff knows the inactives for tonight"

So which is it? No one really knows anything and it drives you nuts when they act like they do...or information sometimes gets sent out and in that cases people know what they are talking about?

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Probably the best case would be Elam and a pick or two for a decent LB.

definitely possible.  

Elam played for Todd Grantham at Florida.  He is now on the saints staff as the DL Coach.  That is a pretty good defense with an excellent set of corners.  I imagine he holds elam in high regards since he was a good college player.   Maybe they work something out with new orleans.  Who knows.

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

That is all good and well. But what you just said really contradicts what you said before that I bolded. "No one outside the organizations staff knows the inactives for tonight"

So which is it? No one really knows anything and it drives you nuts when they act like they do...or information sometimes gets sent out and in that cases people know what they are talking about?

The constant need for attention drives me crazy.

again.  A few people being told about two players being made active is not a big deal.  Organization's put info out there all the time that they want out.

Edited by MikePJ76

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

definitely possible.  

Elam played for Todd Grantham at Florida.  He is now on the saints staff as the DL Coach.  That is a pretty good defense with an excellent set of corners.  I imagine he holds elam in high regards since he was a good college player.   Maybe they work something out with new orleans.  Who knows.

The constant need for attention drives me crazy.

again.  A few people being told about two players being made active is not a big deal.  Organization's put info out there all the time that they want out.

And so do agents. Players themselves mention some things as well. And no one said it was a "big deal", however I could make the argument that new faces popping up on the field could potentially be a big deal on gameday. It's at least a current event topic.

This is going to have to be the Josh-Diggs-Cook-Kincaid show tonight.  I hope the D can at least make Baker a little bit uncomfortable in the pocket otherwise he's pretty accurate..  Mac Jones was allowed to hang out and eat his mac n cheese in the pocket last Sunday.  He was not uncomfortable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

And so do agents. Players themselves mention some things as well. And no one said it was a "big deal", however I could make the argument that new faces popping up on the field could potentially be a big deal on gameday. It's at least a current event topic.

that is definitely true.  New Faces for sure. 

its insane to me that josh nroman will have uniform for this team tonight given the talent here and what is expected of this franchise.

Edited by MikePJ76
norman not allen...effing a

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.