How Good is Josh Allen Really?

hondo in seattle

2 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Hard for people to grasp but yes he’s better than Jim Kelly

no question 

Honestly so much better its mind boggling.  And I watched every game Kelly played here. I don't even think Kelly himself would argue that.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Mahomes has clunkers. Burrow DEFINITELY has clunkers.

I find myself watching Mahomes, and when he makes a mistake, thinking "Allen would get slammed for that."  

It always seems to me like JA has much less margin for error, and when he makes mistakes, the reaction is more about "a pattern" than the fact that he's just a great player who makes mistakes or has bad games once in awhile.  If I had to guess, I'd say it was because it took him awhile to become the QB he is today, and people formed opinions about him during his 1st couple of years, which were very different.

And because so very many people said he was going to be a bust when drafted.  Few people want to admit they made a mistake, so they pounce on everything he does to sustain their initial incorrect opinion.

• Like (+1) 4

Every QB has clunkers, Josh makes mistakes like any human. But Josh is easily a top 3 QB in the NFL and in my opinion (and many other pundits like Chris Simms) Josh is the most physically gifted QB to ever play the game (I think Cam Newton is the only other one you can argue). In addition to being the most physically talented, he has put together a lot of the other components of good QB play. He is even buttoning up his decision-making and turnover-worthy plays. He just has to put a little bit more together and the Bills have to get the gameplan and talent adjusted better around Josh before he can be more consistent. 

You can argue it of course.  But look around the league. Who would you rather have?  There is your answer. 

For me - There is no other QB I’d rather have.  Mahomes is better.  There is limited argument against that.  But Josh is just perfect here.  And I love that about him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He's a top 3 guy in the league currently.  Still turns the ball over too much.  Has the goods to be considered an all time great, but will have to win a ring or 2 for that claim.  

If he and Mahomes retired tomorrow, Patrick is 1st ballot and will be considered top 5 all time.  Josh isn't that.  Not yet.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.