How Good is Josh Allen Really?

hondo in seattle

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You don't need all world QB play to get to a super bowl

Yeah if the expectation is for Allen to play like he did in the 2021 playoffs for 4 consecutive playoff games, that is obviously not anywhere close to realistic. If we're relying on him to do that then we can go ahead and fire everyone right now and start over, because there have to be other solutions to win games.

21 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You don't need all world QB play to get to a super bowl

The fact that we've actually had it and still haven't sniffed one should be indictment enough imo

Agreed. But we only had it one year. He has to play better than he did in the 2020 and 2022 exits. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

38 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Which is incredibly disturbing and produces tremendous anxiety in terms of the pressure to win one now. 'Cause if we don't...

After 35 years of fanhood, I’m over the anxiety part…just trying to enjoy as much as I can, win or lose…but I understand your point…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I mean he seems like a good guy, been on this board for over a decade....a reliable and informed poster on this board.

Then he created a thread asking how good Josh Allen really is.

Is this just a solitary lapse in judgement, or something more??

Also, who is to blame when he's not as solid of a poster as he 'ought' to be???

We want answers!!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣

Just kidding by the way!!

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Special K said:

I mean he seems like a good guy, been on this board for over a decade....a reliable and informed poster on this board.

Then he created a thread asking how good Josh Allen really is.

Is this just a solitary lapse in judgement, or something more??

Also, who is to blame when he's not as solid of a poster as he 'ought' to be???

We want answers!!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣

Just kidding by the way!!

Go Bills!!!

You just want a thread about you, right?   😂 

5 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Warren Moon?

Warren Moon was at least Offensive Player of the Year. I don't think Josh has a good case for 1st ballot HOF. I'm actually kind of shocked that even on a Bills forum that people would suggest that. Making the HOF at all might even be questionable but I think he will if he plays long enough and can put up some stats. There's also a good chance he has a Cam Newton career and starts to suck after he can't scramble. We'll see 

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Warren Moon was at least Offensive Player of the Year. I don't think Josh has a good case for 1st ballot HOF. I'm actually kind of shocked that even on a Bills forum that people would suggest that. Making the HOF at all might even be questionable but I think he will if he plays long enough and can put up some stats. There's also a good chance he has a Cam Newton career and starts to suck after he can't scramble. We'll see 

Thats moving the uprights from what you asked… that said,  In 16 or 17 seasons Warren Moon was the offensive player of the week 16 times. Josh currently has 12.  Moon likely would have more if he didn’t play in Canada, but I think they’re similar cases until Josh gets his ring(s). 

3 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

Mahomes won a Super Bowl without Hill. I sincerely doubt Allen wins a Super Bowl without Diggs, when he can’t even win one with Diggs. 

He still had Kelce, Pachecko who ran all over the place with the ball, and some mid recievers who were all at the Davis level or better that were schemed wide open and caught the football. As well as an elite oline Just stop.

Edited by Scott7975

Over the last 20 years, the only QBs to win the Super Bowl are:

Greats of the game:

Brady

Manning

Mahomes (yes, he is a great right now)

MVP/Good QBs with great postseason winners:

Stafford

Wilson

Flacco

I have no idea how they won:

Foles

Regardless, only 1 QB (Foles) who wasn't a solid top 10 QB has won a super bowl in 20 years.

Allen, by all statistical and eye test measures is a top 5 QB in the game, and has been over the past 4 years.  That gives him as good a shot as any to continue with the trend of Super Bowl winners.

Allen is IMO the second best QB in the game right now behind Mahomes.  I think he is trying to win games this year without the physical tax on the body early on, which I do believe has worn him down over the course of the past few seasons.  He has the chance to turn it on at any time, so we should rest easy that Allen will put us in any game we play.

Is he a robot?  No.  But is a QB good enough to win the Super Bowl?  Absolutely.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

He needs to start throwing at least 3 TD's per play before I start considering him "good."

I mean there was that one game he scored 3 or 4 tds in a row because we kept getting penalized.  We could all here him say "How man fn TDs do I need to score" lol.

8 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Thats moving the uprights from what you asked… that said,  In 16 or 17 seasons Warren Moon was the offensive player of the week 16 times. Josh currently has 12.  Moon likely would have more if he didn’t play in Canada, but I think they’re similar cases until Josh gets his ring(s). 

You found the 1 guy that made it without a Superbowl. I only asked the question if that was even possible and apparently there is 1 guy ever. I wouldn't put Josh in that category. Hopefully he has 10 more years to prove me wrong and not 5 more like Cam Newton

13 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Over the last 20 years, the only QBs to win the Super Bowl are:

Greats of the game:

Brady

Manning

Mahomes (yes, he is a great right now)

MVP/Good QBs with great postseason winners:

Stafford

Wilson

Flacco

I have no idea how they won:

Foles

Regardless, only 1 QB (Foles) who wasn't a solid top 10 QB has won a super bowl in 20 years.

Allen, by all statistical and eye test measures is a top 5 QB in the game, and has been over the past 4 years.  That gives him as good a shot as any to continue with the trend of Super Bowl winners.

Allen is IMO the second best QB in the game right now behind Mahomes.  I think he is trying to win games this year without the physical tax on the body early on, which I do believe has worn him down over the course of the past few seasons.  He has the chance to turn it on at any time, so we should rest easy that Allen will put us in any game we play.

Is he a robot?  No.  But is a QB good enough to win the Super Bowl?  Absolutely.

Burrow is better

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

What excuse will you guys come up with next when Kelce retires and Mahomes still wins a Super Bowl with a rookie TE? 

Andy Reid maybe…

I have no idea why people give Mahomes all the credit and none to Andy Reid when they lost Hill

The dude is a quarterback whisperer and made Donovan Mcnabb into a borderline hall of famer.

3 straight NFc championships and a Super Bowl appearance with a marginal QB, but let’s ignore that 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, balln said:

Burrow is better

Name a single year Burrow was the "better" QB, knowing he has in fact taken his team to a super bowl, when his postseason stat line was 5 TDs 2 INTs and averaged 280 total yards a game.  Yes his team won to get him to the Super Bowl, but Burrow was not the driving factor in that postseason

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.