How Good is Josh Allen Really?

hondo in seattle

13 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Josh seems injured the way he was missing high on passes today. He will never say it if he can play but I think something is wrong with his shoulder/arm. He is normally very accurate. Today every pass was a fastball with no touch. 

Kyle Trimble of Banged Up Bills predicted this based on the type of injury. Luckily he believes it will be fully healed in about 2 weeks or so so it won't be a lingering problem through the entire season. We are going to have to live with accuracy variance for 1-2 more games. Can the team around him step up and pick up the slack? Based on today's result it's hard to believe that.

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Josh is really good.

Bit let’s calm the HOF talk. If his career ended today he wouldn’t get in. Maybe if he won a championship.

He needs more longevity and volume. 

Josh being number one in turnovers since coming into the league and having never gone more than one game without a turnover is something he needs to overcome in addition to just playing longer. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think it's interesting how many people rated responded to this thread with vomit icons & the like and DM-ed me to turn in my Zubaz and burn my mafia card.   

It's as if I urinated on some sacred object when I simply posed a question.  Well, actually two questions.  How good is Josh really?  And: Who's to blame for his inconsistency.  After watching the first half of yesterday's game, I don't think these are unwarranted.  

I hope McD is figuring this out because something needs to change.  

21 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think it's interesting how many people rated responded to this thread with vomit icons & the like and DM-ed me to turn in my Zubaz and burn my mafia card.   

It's as if I urinated on some sacred object when I simply posed a question.  Well, actually two questions.  How good is Josh really?  And: Who's to blame for his inconsistency.  After watching the first half of yesterday's game, I don't think these are unwarranted.  

I hope McD is figuring this out because something needs to change.  

Prople DMed you ?? 😆

Say it ain’t so Bro

17 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Prople DMed you ?? 😆

Say it ain’t so Bro

Someone even demanded that I give my Jim Kelly bobblehead away to a "real fan!"

No...  actually I'm just having a little fun.  There have been no nasty DMs and I love my fellow Bills Mafioso's, even when they're giving me flack.   We're a "band of brothers" (and sisters like Muppy) who have suffered long and hard together. 

I just don't understand why we, as fans, can't suggest that Josh might be a small part of the problem we sometimes experience with our passing attack.  I love Josh and am super appreciative that we have him as a QB after so many poor-to-mediocre ones.  I'm just not into the sacred cow thing.  

But even though I think Josh could be doing some things better, I'm upset at the team for not creating the conditions for him to be the best QB he can be.  Beane hasn't built a good OL line.  And the receivers, other than Diggs, are pretty much jags.  And it's not just Beane.  The coaches don't scheme the offense as well as Andy Reid for example.   As many pundits have pointed out, the Bills ask Josh to do too much.  He's very talented but he's not Superman.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.