The Official Fire Ken Dorsey Thread

VaMilBill

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It is not in any way realistic to expect every QB to make an accurate throw on every play nor is it reasonable to expect every receiver/TE/RB to catch every pass, especially errant ones.  It’s just not the real world.

What I find curious is that this particular throw is something that should be accurate 90+% of the time and the catch is maybe a 50/50 yet you are harshly judging Knox while given Allen a pass.  Is Allen a better player at his position than Knox overall?  If you say yes I completely agree, but on THAT Allen deserves the brunt of the blame.  Feeling the need  to pin it all on Knox is weird.  It’s cultish.

Maybe because this happens all to often with Knox.  His catch rate this year is again abysmal.  He got a big contract and he is not living up to that contract. If he just dropped a ball once in a while that is one thing.  Thats not the case though.  He drops balls all the time.  He kills drives.  Championship teams have their skill players come through for them.  I have zero confidence in Knox coming through on the important catches.  Ultimately its drops like these that derail a season and kill a chance at a trophy.  Its the QBs job to give the receiver a chance to catch the ball.  Its the receivers job to make that catch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Maybe because this happens all to often with Knox.  His catch rate this year is again abysmal.  He got a big contract and he is not living up to that contract. If he just dropped a ball once in a while that is one thing.  Thats not the case though.  He drops balls all the time.  He kills drives.  Championship teams have their skill players come through for them.  I have zero confidence in Knox coming through on the important catches.  Ultimately its drops like these that derail a season and kill a chance at a trophy.  Its the QBs job to give the receiver a chance to catch the ball.  Its the receivers job to make that catch.

Any expectations at all for Josh?  Or just:

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Tom Brady is greatest QB sneaker I think

Josh had never failed a sneak until Tennessee turf gave out under his foot.  Then Morse snapped the ball into his own thigh against the Vikings.  By homer law you give it to our home boy Josh.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

The one thing that irks me most about vanilla Dorsey is that he doesnt really challenge the talent on this offense with innovative play designs. I have not seen much in the way of trickery or schemes that are complex. Does he not trust these guys to pull off complicated plays? Daboll had confidence in Josh to run that kind of offense but Dorsey seems a little scared. What has resulted is a predictable offense that defensive coaches can neutralize (if they plan properly).

What would you qualify as trickery or complex schemes? I’m genuinely asking, not trying to be sarcastic.

17 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Dorsey’s shotgun runs are the equivalent of guessing C on an multiple choice exam when you don’t know what to do but are still confident you’ll ‘pass’

Dart from gun was the most productive run scheme we had vs the Giants of the schemes that were run more than twice.

I was ready to kill Dorsey Sunday night.  But we have a top 5 offense right now despite his odd play calls at times and despite Josh having brain freezes on occasion.  So the question is who do you bring in that would do a better job?  People always want to go where the grass is greener, but many more times than not when you do so the grass is brown.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

It is not in any way realistic to expect every QB to make an accurate throw on every play nor is it reasonable to expect every receiver/TE/RB to catch every pass, especially errant ones.  It’s just not the real world.

What I find curious is that this particular throw is something that should be accurate 90+% of the time and the catch is maybe a 50/50 yet you are harshly judging Knox while given Allen a pass.  Is Allen a better player at his position than Knox overall?  If you say yes I completely agree, but on THAT Allen deserves the brunt of the blame.  Feeling the need  to pin it all on Knox is weird.  It’s cultish.

Most people have acknowledged that Allen could have made a better throw.  But as you say he can't be expected to make great throws every time.  If Knox were catching 100 passes per season and was making numerous great catches you would have a point.  But while Knox is solid this was the kind of slightly off target throw that he must catch to give him the benefit of doubt that you think he deserves.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

We have very high expectations of Allen but you guys seem to have insanely high expectations. Again when I watch the other elite QB's in action they seem to benefit far more often from great catches and extraordinary runs after the catch then Allen does.  The other elite QB's will miss on throws all the time yet be "rescued" by superb catches by their skill players.  Looking at the Knox drop I have a hard time thinking that would have been a superb catch. It was a tough catch but well within the NFL norm.

I've noticed that several of you posters use the same "cult" description when any Bills fans defend Allen and demand more out of our O line and skill players not named Diggs.  But defending Allen from your cheap shots is actually easy when you can point to his stats and repeated wow plays in game after game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

What would you qualify as trickery or complex schemes? I’m genuinely asking, not trying to be sarcastic.

Dart from gun was the most productive run scheme we had vs the Giants of the schemes that were run more than twice.

Nothing even that radical, A reverse, a fake reverse, a half back option, a flea flicker, the RB option that throws back to Josh (done successfully twice by Daboll). Any of these plays thrown into a game would be great to see. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

We have very high expectations of Allen but you guys seem to have insanely high expectations. Again when I watch the other elite QB's in action they seem to benefit far more often from great catches and extraordinary runs after the catch then Allen does.  The other elite QB's will miss on throws all the time yet be "rescued" by superb catches by their skill players.  Looking at the Knox drop I have a hard time thinking that would have been a superb catch. It was a tough catch but well within the NFL norm.

I've noticed that several of you posters use the same "cult" description when any Bills fans defend Allen and demand more out of our O line and skill players not named Diggs.  But defending Allen from your cheap shots is actually easy when you can point to his stats and repeated wow plays in game after game.

Knox should have made the catch and Josh could have made a better throw.  It doesn’t have to be either/or.  We all love Josh but he’s not immune to critique.  He was awful in the season opener for example.  I think the offense really hums when Josh spreads the ball around some.  He didn’t the first half Sunday, he did the second half.  And we saw the results.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Knox should have made the catch and Josh could have made a better throw.  It doesn’t have to be either/or. 

Which is exactly what I've been saying.  But it's also fair to point out that Allen seems to get a lot less help with his off target throws from his skill players not named Diggs then the other elite QB's get.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Nothing even that radical, A reverse, a fake reverse, a half back option, a flea flicker, the RB option that throws back to Josh (done successfully twice by Daboll). Any of these plays thrown into a game would be great to see. 

The problem with most of those is that they're one off deals. You can use them for a game, but then can't come back to them for a while because everyone will prepare for them. I'd much rather see us lean more into motioning for misdirection. We do some of it already, but nowhere near at the clip that the Dolphins or 49ers are.

• Agree 1

I haven't read this whole thread yet so maybe this has already been pointed out but Dorsey and Allen deserve a huge amount of credit for cleaning things up in the red zone.  This was a big problem from last season and they're now one of if not the best red zone team.  For sure they're best passing red zone team. After last season this turnaround is no small thing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Most people have acknowledged that Allen could have made a better throw.  But as you say he can't be expected to make great throws every time.  If Knox were catching 100 passes per season and was making numerous great catches you would have a point.  But while Knox is solid this was the kind of slightly off target throw that he must catch to give him the benefit of doubt that you think he deserves.

Lol any criticism of Allen is met with irrational revisionist insanity.  You know who agrees with me that Allen’s throw was the primary culprit on that play?  Not Dorsey’s call, not Knox’s “drop”, not whatever horrifying mistake Davis made on that play….but Allen’s throw?  Josh Allen agrees, that’s who agrees.  Watch his interview after the game.

Its ok to admit he’s not perfect and we don’t need 52 more guys to make a 53 man roster.  

Allen is the most important player on this team.  There are maybe five QBs you could argue you could swap for and maintain our place.  Personally I would only even consider one.  That doesn’t mean every time he makes a mistake we need to trash a coach or one of his teammates.  It’s a joke and a cult.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I was ready to kill Dorsey Sunday night.  But we have a top 5 offense right now despite his odd play calls at times and despite Josh having brain freezes on occasion.  So the question is who do you bring in that would do a better job?  People always want to go where the grass is greener, but many more times than not when you do so the grass is brown.

It's a top offense because of Josh Allen running around and improvising. This offense would be top 5 with my dog randomly choosing the play. He would probably do a better job because he knows not to be in shotgun for short yardage. I tell him all the time 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The throw was not good, agreed. But Knox should have made that catch. The ball was not thrown away from his direction of motion. Knox is getting heat from many in here, including me, because of his history of the dropsies. He has cut them down but is not a reliable pair of hands. I am certainly more willing to give Diggs the benefit of doubt than to Knox. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol any criticism of Allen is met with irrational revisionist insanity.  You know who agrees with me that Allen’s throw was the primary culprit on that play?  Not Dorsey’s call, not Knox’s “drop”, not whatever horrifying mistake Davis made on that play….but Allen’s throw?  Josh Allen agrees, that’s who agrees.  Watch his interview after the game.

Its ok to admit he’s not perfect and we don’t need 52 more guys to make a 53 man roster.  

Allen is the most important player on this team.  There are maybe five QBs you could argue you could swap for and maintain our place.  Personally I would only even consider one.  That doesn’t mean every time he makes a mistake we need to trash a coach or one of his teammates.  It’s a joke and a cult.

Allen would assume responsibility for the Russia/Ukraine war.  To his credit he never throws a teammate or coach under the bus.  And I hope this never changes.

When have any of us said Allen was perfect?  That's a scarecrow you build & throw out to discredit those of us fed up with the undeserved shots certain posters take at Allen.

I don't think it's trashing players or coaches to ask the question of whether we've assembled the talent needed to fully exploit having a top 3 QB.  I live in Cincinnati and have observed first hand how that organization has built an offense around Burrow.  And as an NFL fan I can see how the Eagles & Chiefs built offensive machines around their good (Hurts) and elite (Mahomes) QB's.  Hell, SF built their offense first in the hopes a QB would show up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, HoofHearted said:

The problem with most of those is that they're one off deals. You can use them for a game, but then can't come back to them for a while because everyone will prepare for them. I'd much rather see us lean more into motioning for misdirection. We do some of it already, but nowhere near at the clip that the Dolphins or 49ers are.

But even you know the motion is just window dressing...

Sure it works vs inferior coached teams ... But don't take the bait ... Keep gap integrity, hands up in the passing lane

Of course I would like to see our offense move into the 21st century... But I'm not impressed by all the pre-snap movements... We've all seen it 

We are both defensive guys... You know it's window dressing ... Good defenses don't take the bait 

But on that note , I would take more  pre snap movement because the NFL seems to struggle with it... Lots of teams are not disciplined 

Edited by Buffalo716

I get your point.  perhaps let Joe Brady call plays for a few games?  

12 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

The throw was not good, agreed. But Knox should have made that catch. The ball was not thrown away from his direction of motion. Knox is getting heat from many in here, including me, because of his history of the dropsies. He has cut them down but is not a reliable pair of hands. I am certainly more willing to give Diggs the benefit of doubt than to Knox. 

Knox seems reliable when open or standing upright, not a large catch radius otherwise. 

Just watched cover 1 breakdown on the offence.

Eric Turner was not impressed with Dorsey at all.

Gave him credit for scheming up diggs.

But said the spacing was awful at times, and Dorsey needs to do a better job scheming up plays for other players, especially when teams start doubling Diggs.

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

But said the spacing was awful at times, and Dorsey needs to do a better job scheming up plays for other players, especially when teams start doubling Diggs.

Spacing has been horrible all year.   Scheme for one player and you have 4 decoy on the field topped with bad spacing

19 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I get your point.  perhaps let Joe Brady call plays for a few games?  

Knox seems reliable when open or standing upright, not a large catch radius otherwise. 

Knox at one time was deadly deep on the sideline

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's a top offense because of Josh Allen running around and improvising. This offense would be top 5 with my dog randomly choosing the play. He would probably do a better job because he knows not to be in shotgun for short yardage. I tell him all the time 

Nope.  Look at the three blow outs.  Josh took what was there, spread the ball around, Diggs still got his.  And we wiped out the other teams.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Yes, I expect that my QB delivers the ball to a receiver in an area that he can catch it. I expect that he makes good decisions.  I expect that he delivers the ball accurately for the most part but when he doesn't, I expect the receiver to catch the ball if the QB got it to an area that the receiver can catch it.  He did that.  The receiver didn't.  I can keep explaining the same thing but you just have your ear plugs in.  On top of that you haven't addressed anything I said with this weak post.

2 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

These were different plays than the draw plays to Cook in the past.  In the past Josh was taking the ball and running over to a RB standing still.  These run plays the RB ran to Josh and took the ball with some steam.

Edited by Scott7975

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

So we just happen to have a guy with zero experience on our staff become a top OC... or is it more likely that we had a top QB on the roster that makes this a top offense? I wouldn't fire him now. That wouldn't do much to help us this season.  Probably make it worse.  End of the season though it depends on what we have done and who is available to interview.  At this point it's thumbs down for Dorsey from me though.

Knox should have made the catch and Josh could have made a better throw.  It doesn’t have to be either/or.

Thats pretty much what is being said. The other poster though is just "Allens throw was garbage, leave my boy Knox alone."

Edited by Scott7975

44 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

But even you know the motion is just window dressing...

Sure it works vs inferior coached teams ... But don't take the bait ... Keep gap integrity, hands up in the passing lane

Of course I would like to see our offense move into the 21st century... But I'm not impressed by all the pre-snap movements... We've all seen it 

We are both defensive guys... You know it's window dressing ... Good defenses don't take the bait 

But on that note , I would take more  pre snap movement because the NFL seems to struggle with it... Lots of teams are not disciplined 

Depends what you're doing with it. If it's just a jet motion to get eyes going one way and then you run the opposite, sure, though it's still forcing defenses to communicate on the fly and, more often than not, move at the snap of the ball. I don't understand why offenses don't do this with every run concept tbh - it's so simple and can give you such an advantage. Whats more intriguing to me is the change of strength motions because now you're getting teams misaligned unless they adjust with the motion, which again gets guys moving at the snap. And then what Miami is doing with motions putting force players in conflict is really good stuff.

16 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

These were different plays than the draw plays to Cook in the past.  In the past Josh was taking the ball and running over to a RB standing still.  These run plays the RB ran to Josh and took the ball with some steam.

We've run draw maybe 3 times this year. Last week our backfield action looked just as you described when we ran Dart out of gun and it hit last week too.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He sounded so unsure of himself in his press conference.

Well shoot when you’re asked about all the “shotgun draws” you ran against the Giants and you didn’t run draw a single time I’d be unsure about what’s going on too 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Eric Turner also only included plays where Diggs was the number one read in the progression (even included one where he wasn’t but said he was) to push his narrative. There were plenty of concepts that schemed other players open. We hit some of them (Gabe specifically) and failed to execute others.

Dude says some off the wall things in those videos sometimes that people here take as gospel.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Well shoot when you’re asked about all the “shotgun draws” you ran against the Giants and you didn’t run draw a single time I’d be unsure about what’s going on too 🤣🤣🤣

Eric Turner also only included plays where Diggs was the number one read in the progression (even included one where he wasn’t but said he was) to push his narrative. There were plenty of concepts that schemed other players open. We hit some of them (Gabe specifically) and failed to execute others.

Dude says some off the wall things in those videos sometimes that people here take as gospel.

I just watched that video

He keeps saying we are running this rpo out of duo concept but looks like inside zone

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Allen right now is leading the NFL in completion percentage with 71.7%.

Knox is 4th worst of qualifying players in drop percentage with an abysmal 16.0%, and yes that final 3rd down play was officially logged as a drop by Pro Football Reference.

When the ball hits both of your hands and it isn't behind you, you have to bring it in. It's the NFL. That is an expected catch every time.

If you're expecting Allen to be more accurate than he has been this season, that's almost impossible. Expecting Knox to drop less than 16% of his targets on the other hand is a reasonable ask. Either he has to be better in that area or we have to stop throwing him the ball.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

What I find curious is that this particular throw is something that should be accurate 90+% of the time

I think it's time we look at the play again, because I'm seeing a ton of people say it's an easy throw and I saw one poster describe it as a throw that a high school QB would hit.

High school QB throw. Lol.

I said this in another thread, but we take for granted how hard it is to throw on the run like that because Josh does it all the time. But the precision on that sort of throw is naturally going to be high variance. He has to throw against his own body momentum and make sure he puts it in front of Knox so the trailing defenders can't impact the play. It's ridiculous to expect perfect touch or a pinpoint throw there.

An average NFL pass catcher in this situation judges the trajectory of the ball and immediately starts subtly adjusting their body to catch it while falling to the ground. Knox did not have to scoop it off the turf with his fingertips or miraculously contort his body. It is almost identical to the drop he had in OT against the Jets. Knox reminds me of McKenzie, he is too clumsy and unfocused in big moments to ever be a dependable pass catcher.

They need to give most of Knox's target share to Kincaid once Kincaid is out of concussion protocol. Whatever that entails with the scheme or the playcalling, it needs to happen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I've said this before, I'll put it out here again.

I enjoy Cover1.  I learn stuff, and Erik Turner is one of the guys I learn stuff from.  He's played, he's coached, he knows ball.  I'm sure he's forgotten more than I know.

That said....at the end of the day Erik and the other Cover1 guys are not football professionals.  Erik played in HS and DIII college (St John Fisher), and was (is?) a coaching assistant at a local HS. 

We have guys who post on this board whose football background and experience are stronger - they played at a higher level in college, they have more experience scouting professionally, they have more experience coaching.  You can probably figure out who they are.

Again, I watch Cover1, I learn, I enjoy - but sometimes they're mistaken in what they see or how they interpret it.  And they're human like the rest of us, they form an opinion and suffer the same confirmation bias we all suffer where they fit information into their opinion.

So my $0.02, take them with a little grain of salt and don't consider them more definitive than some of the folks with a contrasting views here.

I do think there are some issues with route running - for whatever reason, I don't think routes are always being run at the optimal depth to create confliction for defenders, and it's possible that sometimes when there are option routes, the receivers aren't choosing the correct option.  That's probably on the WR coach, possibly on the way Dorsey is drawing up the plays and possibly it's being done that way for a reason at times (quicker routes?)

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think it's time we look at the play again, because I'm seeing a ton of people say it's an easy throw and I saw one poster describe it as a throw that a high school QB would hit.

I said this in another thread, but we take for granted how hard it is to throw on the run like that because Josh does it all the time. But the precision on that sort of throw is naturally going to be high variance. He has to throw against his own body momentum and make sure he puts it in front of Knox so the trailing defenders can't impact the play. It's ridiculous to expect perfect touch or a pinpoint throw there.

An average NFL pass catcher in this situation judges the trajectory of the ball and immediately starts subtly adjusting their body to catch it while falling to the ground. Knox did not have to scoop it off the turf with his fingertips or miraculously contort his body. It is almost identical to the drop he had in OT against the Jets. Knox reminds me of McKenzie, he is too clumsy and unfocused in big moments to ever be a dependable pass catcher.

They need to give most of Knox's target share to Kincaid once Kincaid is out of concussion protocol. Whatever that entails with the scheme or the playcalling, it needs to happen.

That's not a HS QB throw, and it was accurate enough that a top-notch receiver should get there and hang on to it, but I also think it's not scored as a drop by Knox either.  Scored drops are "incomplete passes where  the receiver should have caught the pass with ordinary effort"; that dive was not "ordinary effort".

Knox is a puzzling case because after early issues with focus and eye-hand coordination, he went to that specialist in the 2021 off-season and really upped his pass catching game.  Brought his catch % up from mid-50% to 69-74%, brought his drop % down from 20% to 9% to 5.6%-6.2%.  But this season, I don't know - maybe he decided he was "cured" and didn't need to keep catching his ping-pong balls or whatever it was he did, because his catch % is back where it was his first 2 seasons, and his drop % is up where it was his first 2 seasons.

But aren't you the guy who has a source that says Knox is playing with a damaged ligament in his hand and possibly a fracture?

(odd that he isn't on injury report if that's true).

I can't disagree with giving more targets to Kincaid, though he does need to become more physical dealing with 'sticky' coverage (and to sell the DH and DPI better)

It seems to be a general problem for the Bills that we have a bunch of receivers who do well enough with ordinary on target throws, but who seem to struggle to bring in the off-target, too high, too low, but makeable catches which (confirmation bias) I seem to see other team's #2 and #3 receivers pulling in on the regular.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Allen is always going to take the blame in public.  Possibly more than he should in private, as well.

But when a guy throws an ad hominem like "any criticism of Allen is met with irrational revisionist insanity" into discussion, it's usually a sign that he's defending an indefensible position and turns to the personal attack as a substitute for facts or persuasion.

Just sayin'.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Allen right now is leading the NFL in completion percentage with 71.7%.

Knox is 4th worst of qualifying players in drop percentage with an abysmal 16.0%, and yes that final 3rd down play was officially logged as a drop by Pro Football Reference.

When the ball hits both of your hands and it isn't behind you, you have to bring it in. It's the NFL. That is an expected catch every time.

If you're expecting Allen to be more accurate than he has been this season, that's almost impossible. Expecting Knox to drop less than 16% of his targets on the other hand is a reasonable ask. Either he has to be better in that area or we have to stop throwing him the ball.

OK, I sit corrected then.  From the film clips I've seen I would have thought it wasn't.

You're correct on Knox drops though.  Not only is it a reasonable expectation, it's one he met in 2020 and 2021.

Edited by Beck Water

4 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

We've run draw maybe 3 times this year. Last week our backfield action looked just as you described when we ran Dart out of gun and it hit last week too.

Ok I don’t know football terminology like you do so that’s probably where our disconnect is. I’ll explain what I am calling a draw. Shot gun. Allen takes the snap and runs over to standing still Cook and gives him the ball. That play has been run a ton. Not just 3 times. It hasn’t been as good as the handoffs we’ve seen this week and also some of last week. 

29 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Ok I don’t know football terminology like you do so that’s probably where our disconnect is. I’ll explain what I am calling a draw. Shot gun. Allen takes the snap and runs over to standing still Cook and gives him the ball. That play has been run a ton. Not just 3 times. It hasn’t been as good as the handoffs we’ve seen this week and also some of last week. 

They need to take that out of the playbook, burn it, and bury the ashes.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

They need to take that out of the playbook, burn it, and bury the ashes.

I completely agree with that. Not only is it slow developing but the running back has no steam, the defenders see it coming a mile away, and the defenders are already crashing the line by the time Cook starts to run. 

6 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

Ya fair enough I wasn’t saying everything he was saying was accurate. I Was just sharing his breakdown.

Joe Marino did criticize Dorsey for sure, but blamed more execution.

Probably the 2 biggest voices on social media for bills content have somewhat conflicting conclusions.

So I was definitely not taking what he was saying for pure gospel and was just sharing his opinion 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

What prevented Allen from throwing the ball higher?  What prevents you from expecting more from Allen like you do from Knox?

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Allen is always going to take the blame in public.  Possibly more than he should in private, as well.

But when a guy throws an ad hominem like "any criticism of Allen is met with irrational revisionist insanity" into discussion, it's usually a sign that he's defending an indefensible position and turns to the personal attack as a substitute for facts or persuasion.

Just sayin'.

OK, I sit corrected then.  From the film clips I've seen I would have thought it wasn't.

You're correct on Knox drops though.  Not only is it a reasonable expectation, it's one he met in 2020 and 2021.

Incorrect use of ad hominem.  I called the posts irrational and insane, which they were, I did not call the posters that.  Just sayin.