Jerry Jeudy is Available (?) Do you want him & What is your offer?

Warriorspikes51

15 hours ago, FireChans said:

It’s actually crazy.

I get that we like to have fun Madden moments and daydream about adding Davante Adams and Deandre Hopkins, but there are compelling and realistic reasons to not pursue those guys necessarily. 

But by the same token, Trent Sherfield has averaged 10 yards per game in his SEVEN year career. There are 100 guys like that waiting for a call. 

I said it before, we could call Emmanuel Sanders out of retirement TODAY, and he would be WR2/3 INSTANTLY. That means these bums ain’t it.

Sherfield is just fine, we aren't using him, heck we arent using Knox or Kincaid much either.  

The bottom line, unless we trade Gabe Davis in the trade to get a WR, that WR won't see any targets here to warrant the trade.  Dorsey has not been good at all with incorporating the talent into the offense last year or this year.

We are supposed to already have our stud weapons for Allen in Kincaid...but Dorsey doesn't use him or the other TE in Knox we paid a bunch of money to extend.    Kincaid is averaging 6.9 yards per catch...any TE off the street can do that, you don't trade up in the first round to get a an athletic TE who can't block just to go out and throw short passes to.  You go get a guy like that to exploit the seems, mismatches, and put pressure at all levels of the field on the defense to open up the whole offense.  

All I heard all offseason was "12 personnel"...well who cares about 12 personnel if you aren't throwing to your TE's.  Knox is a very good TE...we didn't use him properly last year and now we have 2 TE's we don't use enough.

So for me, unless Gabe Davis gets traded, any WR we bring in will have a very hard time getting any relevant targets and will be a waste of draft assets. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dma0034 said:

someone convince me he is better than Gabe Davis.

What is going on in this thread? Jeudy has better hands. He runs more routes effectively. He separates better. He is faster. He can play out of the slot more effectively. Literally the only thing Davis does better than him is run long developing vertical routes. As a pair they are a perfect #2/#3 match. Jeudy would give us so much formation versatility. He would keep the JAG trio of Harty/Sherfield/Shakir off the field. Other than his contract, what am I missing here?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What is going on in this thread? Jeudy has better hands. He runs more routes effectively. He separates better. He is faster. He can play out of the slot more effectively. Literally the only thing Davis does better than him is run long developing vertical routes. As a pair they are a perfect #2/#3 match. Jeudy would give us so much formation versatility. He would keep the JAG trio of Harty/Sherfield/Shakir off the field. Other than his contract, what am I missing here?

People have a strange fear of acquiring good skill position players. Never forget the reaction to Christian McCaffrey being available and all the "hard passes" on Stefon Diggs. God bless you, I don't have the energy to go back and forth with idiocy.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You are missing the fact that most fans don't watch other teams/players during the season unless they're that week's opponent - that, and the fact that social media/the internet is a megaphone for the uninformed.

• Like (+1) 4

49 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Where is this narrative coming from? It is flat out objectively incorrect.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2022/09/28/jerry-jeudy-earned-5th-year-option-denver-broncos/

"To put it blunty, Jeudy has been a drive killer during his career in Denver".

From someone who has watched every game they played.

Edited by BillsUberAlles

Maybe a fresh start would help him become more like the player he was in college

it would allow us to move Diggs around more

35 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Give them a 6th round pick for Jeudy and a 7th round pick, that seems to be how most trades are these days.

I’d offer a 2 and a future 5th.  think that’s fair

44 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

People have a strange fear of acquiring good skill position players. Never forget the reaction to Christian McCaffrey being available and all the "hard passes" on Stefon Diggs. God bless you, I don't have the energy to go back and forth with idiocy.

imagine this offense if we had gotten CMC

16 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

https://predominantlyorange.com/2022/09/28/jerry-jeudy-earned-5th-year-option-denver-broncos/

"To put it blunty, Jeudy has been a drive killer during his career in Denver".

From someone who has watched every game they played.

Okay? Davis statistically drops the ball at a substantially higher rate and catches a lower percentage of his targets.

20 hours ago, Success said:

I don't.  It's not a need. And we HAVE needs.

Dorsey needs to start using the guys we have better.  Sherfield, Harty & Kincaid can all play - we need to start spreading the ball around more

Enough with the mediocrity.

Sherfield and Harty are not #2 receivers with the potential to be a #1. Jeudy could probably be had for a 3rd or 4th round pick or a combination of late round picks.

If you're going to live and die by Allen's arm, then he needs to be surrounded by the best talent that you can gather.  This is another opportunity to do just that.  

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

A lot of people don't really watch other teams except on Sunday nights, and the Broncos aren't on much.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

We're going to have competition for the trade... Is Beane finally ready to make an all-in move? Or do we languish in the 2nd tier of NFL teams for the rest of Allen's career?

As another has said, we have to be confirmed to be in it in the first place to have "competition". 

I hate to break it to you because I know you despise the guy as a player, but Gabe Davis is not playing at a level that the team is concerned and wants to bring someone in to be put above him. He's performing very well this season.

If Jeudy were to come here, bet your bottom dollar that between how Gabe is performing and how McDermott brings along new players, he would have him no higher than 3rd in WR reps. Which is why a move for a star WR is unlikely. Even more so than it was in the Offseason when we didn't do any of the things you were amped about doing.

If there were a Jerry Jeudy level Cornerback or Linebacker available, maybe we'd do what it takes to make that move.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

we at least know he had a level of interest in OBJ and Hopkins 

That was before the team had a million defensive injuries. Also, the contending team with a real need at WR is the Chiefs, but I would have to think that the Broncos would rather not trade him in the division.

47 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

That was before the team had a million defensive injuries. Also, the contending team with a real need at WR is the Chiefs, but I would have to think that the Broncos would rather not trade him in the division.

Call Rams about AD. Can't hurt to ask.  You put him next to Ed, re-unite with Von and Floyd.....that's nasty

That DLine is powerful enough to offset the loss of Milano and Tre to a decent extent 

Rams would need to eat $, which they have done before to make deals.

What would it take?   1 & 2...maybe? 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Okay? Davis statistically drops the ball at a substantially higher rate and catches a lower percentage of his targets.

How many TDs does Davis have compared to Jeudy and did Jeudy ever score 4 TDs in a playoff game?

Jeudy has 9 career reg season TDs. Davis has 24.

Case closed.

Edited by BillsUberAlles
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

How many TDs does Davis have compared to Jeudy and did Jeudy ever score 4 TDs in a playoff game?

Jeudy has 9 career TDs. Davis has 24.

Case closed.

Jeudy has had whatever they had before and the ghost of Russel Wilson throwing him the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Jeudy has had whatever they had before and the ghost of Russel Wilson throwing him the ball.

Garrett Wilson had a 1100 yard rookie season with Zach Wilson throwing him the ball. Chris Olave had a 1000 yard rookie season with a washed up Andy Dalton throwing him the ball.

Jeudy has yet to record a single 1000 yard season. Stop with the excuses. He isn't very good.

Edited by BillsUberAlles
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Garrett Wilson had a 1100 yard rookie season with Zach Wilson throwing him the ball. Jeudy has yet to record a single 1000 yard season. Stop with the excuses. He isn't very good.

I agree another guy people froth at because of draft status but has never actually done anything of note as a player 

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If there were a Jerry Jeudy level Cornerback or Linebacker available, maybe we'd do what it takes to make that move.

What about Jewel on their team? Pretty decent off-ball LB. Wonder if that’s a player that is up for grabs on that team…

Talk is they’ll listen to offers on anyone.

I live in Denver. Jeudy is held in very low regard here. Mark Schlereth, he of the three Super Bowl rings, is a host on Denver sports radio. He's been down on Jeudy for a long time, as have most of his fellow radio hosts (which include former NFL receivers), but he has gone nuclear recently, essentially saying Jeudy is completely worthless and that the Broncos should cut him ASAP.

I'm not sure I'd want him on the Bills even if he were a waiver wire pickup.

35 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Garrett Wilson had a 1100 yard rookie season with Zach Wilson throwing him the ball. Chris Olave had a 1000 yard rookie season with a washed up Andy Dalton throwing him the ball.

Jeudy has yet to record a single 1000 yard season. Stop with the excuses. He isn't very good.

Yeah if only he had 28 more yards last year, or 144 his rookie season he'd clear the invisible line he apparently needs to cross for you.

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BBFL said:

What about Jewel on their team? Pretty decent off-ball LB. Wonder if that’s a player that is up for grabs on that team…

Talk is they’ll listen to offers on anyone.

If they think he can help and he's a LB - by all means, go for it. Makes a lot more sense than these threads for WR's or Frank Clark.

We're good with Pass Catchers right now. Daquan Jones was a big hit, but we still have depth there with Jordan Phillips, Poona Ford, and Tim Settle. 

The real issue is with LB where we have a Rookie and two guys who are predominantly MLB's and shouldn't be on the field beneath him. Also CB with Tre out, Dane banged up, and Kaiir Elam underperforming.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Honestly, the Bills’ track record suggests they won’t properly use anyone they pick up at this stage, no matter who they are, except for Josh Norman - out of necessity. 

yea, I don’t mean to be a downer but I agree that nothing suggests immediate offensive playing time for a mid season addition

1 hour ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Jeudy is not as good as Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave. That was never the argument. He is however better than Gabe Davis, and certainly miles better than the guys we have lower on the depth chart.

And you know Davis has never had a 1,000 yard season either, right? In fact Jeudy had 136 yards MORE than Davis last year while playing 213 snaps LESS, without the benefit of an elite QB and an elite WR1 drawing attention away.

This isn't even an argument. The only possible reason to push back on trading for Jeudy is his contract and the draft capital we'd have to give up for him. And personally I'm sick of always playing it conservative, always worried about how the move will impact us three years from now while Allen's career slowly slips away.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

"Jeudy is not as good as Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave. That was never the argument. He is however better than Gabe Davis, and certainly miles better than the guys we have lower on the depth chart.

And you know Davis has never had a 1,000 yard season either, right? In fact Jeudy had 136 yards MORE than Davis last year while playing 213 snaps LESS, without the benefit of an elite QB and an elite WR1 drawing attention away.

This isn't even an argument. The only possible reason to push back on trading for Jeudy is his contract and the draft capital we'd have to give up for him. And personally I'm sick of always playing it conservative, always worried about how the move will impact us three years from now while Allen's career slowly slips away."

Have you actually watched Jeudy's play as a Bronco, beyond what might show up in highlight clips?  Having watched all of Davis' NFL career and a lot of Jeudy's, my "eye test" tells me that I'd much rather have Davis on my team than Jeudy. 

A lot of Jeudy's yards last year came in game and season garbage time.  Davis is a frustratingly consistent source of drops but he's also made a lot of important catches in his career. FWIW, PFF rates Davis about 5 points better than Jeudy this season.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/11/2023 at 6:20 PM, Success said:

I don't.  It's not a need. And we HAVE needs.

Dorsey needs to start using the guys we have better.  Sherfield, Harty & Kincaid can all play - we need to start spreading the ball around more

Exactly, wtf did we draft Kincaid if Allen never throws him the ball. Guy just throws to diggs non stop 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

This isn't even an argument. The only possible reason to push back on trading for Jeudy is his contract and the draft capital we'd have to give up for him. And personally I'm sick of always playing it conservative, always worried about how the move will impact us three years from now while Allen's career slowly slips away.

He's on pace to do just that this season.

His 320 yards through Week 5 place him 21st amongst all WR's in the league. As a #2 WR, he ranks above a third of the league's #1 WR's. His 4 TD's through 5 games ranks him 4th amongst all WR's in the league.

They didn't want to supplant him as the #2 WR before the season started. Yes, I know they did due diligence on Hopkins. But there's a reason why they only made a minimum offer, didn't push harder, and weren't phased by him going elsewhere.

There's zero chance with how he's produced through 5 games that they're looking to take reps away from him now when they didn't even do it before. They've always maintained last season was a combination of injuries and growing into an increased role. This season, he's playing at a level above anything he's done so far.

You might feel "too little, too late". But the kid's cooking this year. It makes zero sense that they didn't pull the plug before but they'll do it now that he's playing his best ball. And I don't see them trading the assets it will take for a guy who'd they view as the 3rd WR.

Not to mention doing so would only make sense if they've decided they're moving on from Gabe after this season and I don't think they want to slam the door in his face now and disrupt how he's performing. 

There's MUCH bigger issues with this team's roster right now than another WR and Gabe Davis has not only not been a problem through the first 1/3 of the season - he's been a bright spot. Your banging the table to supplant him during the Offseason had *some* merit. Right now, you just look like you have a grudge you won't let go of.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.