How did Von Miller look?

Westside

On 10/8/2023 at 8:38 PM, PayDaBill$ said:

How’s he look? Wealthy based on dollar$ per play over his contract.

Seriously what’s the return on investment been so far?

This is the worst free agent signing in the history of the Buffalo Bills era.  He was way overpaid, too old,  and now playing at half speed since his ACL injury.  There is a saying when you spend a ton of money on a investment that pays you back zero interest or zero benefits.  

It's a generally considered a bad investment.

Von Miller is a bust.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

This is the worst free agent signing in the history of the Buffalo Bills era.  He was way overpaid, too old,  and now playing at half speed since his ACL injury.  There is a saying when you spend a ton of money on a investment that pays you back zero interest or zero benefits.  

Von Miller is a bust.

Laughably incorrect.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

47 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Von Miller is a bust.

17697554.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I was wondering when you'd chime in on this thread given your vocal irrational hatred for Von

The only way a pro athlete is going to be 100% after injury is to get game reps until they reach that level 

My issue with Von is not with him. It's with the team that paid him that much money. 

1 hour ago, Saratoga Fan said:

Would you say Tre was 100% when cleared? 

Physically, yes. Mentally, no.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

He looks worse than useless out there. He's a liability. They should have given him the full 21 days to recover and he should be inactive until he can be productive. Right now AJ Epenesa is a far superior player that shouldn't be taken off the field to give Von reps unless it's garbage time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He looks worse than useless out there. He's a liability. They should have given him the full 21 days to recover and he should be inactive until he can be productive. Right now AJ Epenesa is a far superior player that shouldn't be taken off the field to give Von reps unless it's garbage time.

Getting Von ramped up before we get to the toughest part of the season/playoffs is the main goal.  

He's clearly DE4, maybe even DE5 right now.  But he's not going to improve just sitting around.  They need to play him and it is what it is.  Hopefully it pays off in November/December and beyond. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Getting Von ramped up before we get to the toughest part of the season/playoffs is the main goal.  

He's clearly DE4, maybe even DE5 right now.  But he's not going to improve just sitting around.  They need to play him and it is what it is.  Hopefully it pays off in November/December and beyond. 

I'm not saying he should sit around, but he could be doing the same thing he's doing in games at the field house when there isn't a game on the line. He's in a really bad spot right now and needs to re-learn how to move laterally. All he can do right now is run in a straight line, and someone with that skillset shouldn't be active on game days.

• Disagree 1

he looked pretty average.  It seems with every rush he just allowed the tackle to walk him up the field behind the quarterback. It was like he had no ability to run past a tackle last night except on one play where taylor was moving immediately to his left in the pocket.

These were the two worst offensive tackles this team will play all season so this was a real bummer watching it live.  Hopefully I am wrong.

On 10/8/2023 at 7:30 PM, Westside said:

I wasn’t able to watch much of the game, I was wondering how Von looked and played. Would be great to see him start rounding into shape soon. 

BTW, I think Epenesa is starting to look like a beast 

Very slow, almost zero impact, BUT it's to be expected.  Still needs to get his legs back under him and trust his knee.  It will be a little bit.

6 hours ago, Irv said:

Somebody has to fill the void left by Edmunds.  That being said, I watched the hi-lights.  He seemed to get off the ball quickly, get by his man, then kind of give up and jog once Taylor moved up in the pocket.  It was odd to see him just quit like that.  That's not the kind of player he is.  Something is definitely wrong.  

On the other hand, Epenesa was everywhere second game in a row.  Something has changed with him.  He's an animal now.    

Yeah I see it the same way, hoping it’s conditioning while ramping up and in a couple weeks Von will be chasing down QBs from the backside instead of pulling up.

As for AJ, I never seen this jump coming and he’s looking like a legit starter not just a rotational piece.

I still think bringing him back for the Jacksonville game cost us a very important roster spot that hurt us pretty badly.   He hasn't impacted anything, lets face it, he's very old for that position.  He was drafted with AJ Green, JJ Watt, Dareus, Julio Jones, Aaron Williams etc     I don't think anyone from that draft class is still competing at a high level and Von is no exception. 

Beaner went all in to get a superbowl and squeeze one last season out of Von but the guy just has too many miles on him.   Can still be a great leader, motivator, and maybe get home on a few 3rd down rushes this year but I don't expect much production

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm not saying he should sit around, but he could be doing the same thing he's doing in games at the field house when there isn't a game on the line. He's in a really bad spot right now and needs to re-learn how to move laterally. All he can do right now is run in a straight line, and someone with that skillset shouldn't be active on game days.

You can’t get game reps without actually playing in a game

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.