How did Von Miller look?

Westside

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I know one thing he looked disinterested on the sidelines. For all the shine this guy gets, I was expecting to see him getting guys fired up. The whole team looked DOA for 45 mins…would have been nice to see this dude contribute somehow. Like get off the bench and be one of the vocal leaders.

I don’t think that’s his leadership style. He’s more about positive mindset. 

I suspect he’s dealing with his own demons right now. 34 coming off a torn ACL with 5 years left on his contract. Can he perform at a high enough level? 

Give him sometime. Otherwise it’ll just be phony rah-rah. 

Just now, I am leaving for good said:

Von Miller looks like his better NFL days are behind him in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

It was his first game back from a torn acl. No training camp no preseason action at all. So can we give it at least a few games before a statement like that?

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Couldn’t even play last drive when we needed a stop. He sat there with his baseball cap on. 

I’m pretty sure they had him on a “pitch count” for the game, and due to the fact that the D was on the field so often, that count got used up far earlier in the game than they anticipated.

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

He didn’t make a play in limited action. We need guys who makes plays. 

He forced ETN inside for a big Ed Oliver stop on the first drive. 

I agree, I’m splitting hairs. But it was a good play. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Couldn’t even play last drive when we needed a stop. He sat there with his baseball cap on. 

He had a baseball cap on from mid 3rd QTR until the end of the game. I don’t think he played a single snap in the 2nd half.  I was at the game and watching him on the sideline, I wondered if he was injured.  Or the coaches saw he was ineffective and not ready to go?

He looked kind of dejected on the bench. Like he was excited to play but then knew once he was in there for a couple plays he could not get around the turn as an edge rusher. I think he knows his knee is not stable enough yet.  Not sure why he was on the active roster today.

On the post-game show they said he played 18 snaps, fwiw.

This thread reminds me of why I come here less and less over the years. People act as though they have never watched football before and have no idea what the ***** they are talking about, far more often than not. Last week McDermott had his "greatest win", his "signature win...this week he deserves to be fired. Get a grip "Bills mafia"!

Today's loss was depressing, even if it isn't that huge of an upset, or that unfathomable. More than the L in the standings, losing Milano for the year is far more significant. 

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

Von was on a pitch count. I didn’t expect a thing from him and he delivered nothing. This was just to get him a few game reps. It’s going to take a few weeks for him to get up to speed.

I'm all for ramping him up slowly and this is the right call by Sean.  Especially considering how many Defensive players dropping.  Just make the damn playoffs and hopefully a majority of our core is healthy.  Losing Tre & Matt is brutal but we must find guys to step up.  Or hit on someone b4 trade deadline. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.