How did Von Miller look?

Westside

45 minutes ago, zow2 said:

He looked kind of dejected on the bench. Like he was excited to play but then knew once he was in there for a couple plays he could not get around the turn as an edge rusher. I think he knows his knee is not stable enough yet.  Not sure why he was on the active roster today.

Remember how tentative Tre was last year. It was like he never really returned to his old level of play. I'm not saying this will be Von's fate but fans have to be patient.  He will be amped up slowly by McD, as he should. 

12 hours ago, Steptide said:

He did nothing. I'd expect it to take a few weeks before he gets back to his normal play 

McDermott said he was on a pitch count. He was in a baseball cap on the sideline for the whole second half. 

I think they just wanted him to have a few live-action reps.  He played like it was preseason. 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

One snap he took his rush so wide I thought he was leaving the field.

Definitely rusty, or old, or finished. We’ll see. That’s the scary thing with older players, the end happens quickly. See Jordan Poyer. He’s done.

First game back from an ACL injury less than a year from injuring it with no camp, a week of practice and flying across the world. Of course he looked rusty. People that thought he was gonna be a game wrecker first game back are delusional. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

7 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Noticed Von had a huge knee brace on. I’m hoping he is ready to go 20% of the snaps next week. 

Von was in on 20 of 88 defensive snaps. That's about 23% snap count in game one. Providing there were nothing was aggravated or he's not set back....I'm thinking he's closer to 50% next week.

Miller played 20 snaps.  About a quarter of the team's D snaps.

The trade for him was a risky one, high risk high-reward.  Unfortunately the risk part has played out.  

It's unwise to think that at his age, 34, and coming off that injury, that he'll ever be back to what he was or even close.  

The only reason why I noticed him yesterday was because I wondered whether he was in and was looking for his number.  

12 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Like they barely asked him to do anything.

that's the only thing we can say about his effect yesterday.

i agree with the decision to pull him on that turf, even though it was a pitch count situation.

i disagree that he should have even been playing if it was going to be a pitch count knowing we were on that surface to begin with

11 hours ago, BillzFreak said:

It was his first game back from a torn acl. No training camp no preseason action at all. So can we give it at least a few games before a statement like that?

I like the messages questioning his effort and level of engagement.  Already makes me look forward to reading the lovely posts about Milano in 12 months.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

8 sacks and wins over Baltimore and KC last year. He was living up to the contract until he got hurt. 

Rather have the funds available to help elsewhere, VM is aging & he’s hardly played - contributed.

Two “w’s yeah ok - what’s his snap count been since he joined the roster?

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.