Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

Hard to win when it’s 196 to 29 on the ground. 

Besides the "running out of shotgun" I don't get why it didn't work this week. Usually, when you stick with it, some will work at least. This and barely productive TEs are the head scratchers to me on offense. On the D, it was the run that got them, but so many injuries! They mostly played well and kept the Bills into the game.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But the Jags were moving the ball all day, not just at the end.

Yes, because our offense kept them on the field.  If the Bills offense could even must a few first downs, the defense could have caught our breathe.  

Regardless, the defense kept the game within two scores up until the end.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The bottom line is points allowed and until late, the Bills held Jax to only 11. But the Jags moved the ball at will until the red zone. Elam was a frequent target. He played so far off the ball he was an auto first down. And the Bills left the the middle open from 5-8 yards out, and Lawrence exploited that too. The Bills gave up 315 yds passing and 196 rushing. 474 net yards on offense. 

to your point, crazy to see these headlines that say Etienne had a monster game. I guess he did, but he was basically held to like 20 yards for 80% of this game. 

Maybe O needed better TOP to help them out. 

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

McDermott is going nowhere.

May want to come to terms with that 

Are you a member of the Pegula family?  Yes I agree, sports owners often retain the wrong coaches for way too long with horrible consequences.  I'm totally at peace with it ... but I have every right to express my disgust for such an obviously asinine choice by the oligarch owners.

• Eyeroll 1

When healthy, the Bills probably have the best defense in the NFL.  

Sadly, that isn’t in the cards. 

If we’re down Milano & Jones, along with Tre for the year, I think this is a lot of what we’ll see against good offenses. 

Bills DL, especially when they get Von/Rousseau back, is an absolute UNIT.

Unfortunately, behind them we now have a lot of youth plus two old Safeties. 

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I was speaking of saying Dorsey didn't want to be back.

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-report/ken-dorsey-interviews-with-carolina-panthers
https://billswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/01/buffalo-bills-ken-dorsey-interested-miami-hurricanes-manny-diaz/

he doesn’t want to be here long-term and everything feels like it depends on how seriously Ken is taking teams.  

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

There was nothing awful about the Bills defense today.

The picture of the day I will carry with me is AJ Epenesa sucking oxygen on the sidelines because our offense couldn’t do a damned thing for 3 quarters.

10000%. Dorsey had one job. Keep the offense on the field and help the ailing d.  And he, until the end. Kept calling inept running plays. Sometimes at a big loss. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yeah, ideally, but what about the other 5 or 6 stops made by the D?  Offense needs to show up during the meat of the game, not when it's too late.

I know, I agree.

A bit harsh for sure by me.

But it just sucks the last two drives for Jax were TDs to ice the game. 

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Especially now with the new rules. The recovery rate is just too low to risk it.

Not only that, but with so little time left and only time out remaining, kick it out of the endzone and take your chances with a defensive stop there.

At least the Jaguars would've been at their own 25.

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Hindsight is 20/20, but gotta admit that was a perfect onsides kick. 

Not hindsight, I disagreed with the call from the start.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

It does feel like the Jags have a residency in London like Celine Dion in Vegas.

Hmm... sadly, the Bills played most of the game today like thay are afflicted with the same disease as C Dion. Btw, she stopped performing about 2 years ago due to her ailment.

Running the ball with 5 mins left was a bad move, that is the time to let it rip.  Jags having 2 weeks in a row in London is a big advantage. I just hope our D recovers and is 85% healthy next week. 

Our D did fine until the end. It takes 21+ to win in the NFL and they held the Jags all game. Just the offense was slow, needed to pass more in the beginning when the run was being stuffed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.