All 5 teams who started this way made the Super Bowl. Bills just became the 6th.

BigDingus

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/38305/bills-offense-chasing-history-behind-josh-allen-stefon-diggs

"Despite the subpar Week 1 performance, the Bills became just the sixth team to score at least 135 points and allow fewer than 60 points through the first four games of a season. The previous five teams to do it all went on to play in the Super Bowl."

This article is filled with good information, but this is the only takeaway I care about.

I remember a thread from the off-season about QBs winning a SB within their first 5 years, but maybe the Bills are just late bloomers!

Sorry if already posted, but I'm just now seeing it, and it definitely got me excited 😅

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/38305/bills-offense-chasing-history-behind-josh-allen-stefon-diggs

"Despite the subpar Week 1 performance, the Bills became just the sixth team to score at least 135 points and allow fewer than 60 points through the first four games of a season. The previous five teams to do it all went on to play in the Super Bowl."

This article is filled with good information, but this is the only takeaway I care about.

I remember a thread from the off-season about QBs winning a SB within their first 5 years, but maybe the Bills are just late bloomers!

Sorry if already posted, but I'm just now seeing it, and it definitely got me excited 😅

In the true & just alternate universe 13 seconds never happened and we won it in 2021 so it counts 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Bills are also the 6th best team ever in the NFL in terms of DVOA thru 4 games played, with the 5 others winning the Super Bowl, which likely are the same 5 teams that talks about in some order.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Thanks. Cool stat. I appreciate you sharing it.

Last thing I remember like this was Josh's 2021 playoff performance. I believe that was an "all previous such instances of this have resulted in Super Bowl win" thing, as well. Then 13 seconds happened. Ugh.

Just one before I die. Please.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Bills are also the 6th best team ever in the NFL in terms of DVOA thru 4 games played, with the 5 others winning the Super Bowl, which likely are the same 5 teams that talks about in some order.

That's probably the case. You can see those teams here: https://www.ftnfantasy.com/articles/FTN/105892/week-4-dvoa-buffalo-bills-greatest-3-1-team-ever

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

And we're doing this without Boogie Basham which is important context.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's neat, but I think we've had something like that before, just got to go out there and get the job done.

I’m trying to remember what it was as well. The Bills held some other statistics like this and became the first team with those stats NOT to make it to the SB last year. Can’t remember what the specific stats were. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have a feeling even though the Bills have been a top of the league team just a few things were missing . One of the biggest to this point was aggressiveness on the part of the defense Frazier was a good coach but only took it so far McD is finishing the job there .

The O line has not been real good but this version is much better & last but not least the RB's are much better in moving the chains where ever they may be on the field . This year could very well be special, when Von comes back the D will go up a notch I only wish Tre could have stayed healthy .

GO BILLS !! 

They just need to stay healthy and keep preparing and playing like they have been. There isn't a team in the league this team can't beat.  The Bills just need to do it.  No more mental breakdowns with 13 seconds left.

6 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I don't like the injuries that have began to rear their head as early as we are into the season. But I feel good about this team.

Other than White it's been pretty normal bumps and bruises so far.

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They just need to stay healthy and keep preparing and playing like they have been. There isn't a team in the league this team can't beat.  The Bills just need to do it.  No more mental breakdowns with 13 seconds left.

Other than White it's been pretty normal bumps and bruises so far.

True but I don't like the positions theyre at. both safeties, CB....8 players on the Injury Report from the D is not ideal. Not a proble right now, but I dont love that. 

2 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

True but I don't like the positions theyre at. both safeties, CB....8 players on the Injury Report from the D is not ideal. Not a proble right now, but I dont love that. 

You're right, its not ideal.  It's mostly minor stuff though.  As long as we don't get guys missing tons of games, we will be ok I think.

11 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Cancel the rest of the regular season. It's a done deal!

No one is saying that. You are a troll or a pathological Debbie Downer.

The Bills right now are putting up extraordinary numbers. Folks are excited by how well the team is playing.

Nearly everyone is aware how long the season is and that injuries are a huge factor in post-season success.

But signs of exceptional excellence are not utterly insignificant, and well worth celebration.

• Disagree 1

15 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Didn’t the Bills do it last year, too?  (Sorry, I’m too lazy to look it up.)

14 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I don't like the injuries that have began to rear their head as early as we are into the season. But I feel good about this team.

Aside from White, the Bills are amazingly healthy…look around the league, there are teams devastated by injuries already.

No excuses then!

15 hours ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

In the true & just alternate universe 13 seconds never happened and we won it in 2021 so it counts 

At four games we were 134 & 44 in '21.  

FWIW 

Is the difference that much for one point less scored.  

Yeah I think we fixed the weak link which was frazier

satching this team they are more dominant because of mcdermott

i said I wanted him gone he proved to me he is a capable leader by cutting the bad fat in Frazier and installing his leadership to the defense

rhis team will make a superbowl and potentially win with McDermott I’m confident now

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.