Josh is spoiling us.

tomur67

In the past, I could turn on the TV and really get interested in any NFL game that was on.  Now, after watching Josh play the game, watching other QB's is kind of ho-hum.  Most of the time the games are kind of boring. Yes, a few of them can make a couple of great throws a game, like Tua to a wide-open Hill or Waddle, or Mahomes to Kelce, but none, no one, plays the game like Josh Allen. Yes, I know I'm prejudiced, but I believe he is the most exciting and talented quarterback in the game today and will go down in history as one of the best.  Every snap he takes, you know he could make a play that no other QB could possibly make.  That is what makes him so exciting to watch. We are so damn lucky to have him.

• Like (+1) 19
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 35
  • Awesome! (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 8

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Let's just hope Josh doesn't end up this generation's version of Kelly/Marino.

Yeah, would suck to have a hall of fame QB who went to 4 Superbowls and the only reason didn’t win the first one was because of the head coach.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

We actually are experiencing the golden age of NFL offense. Mahomes is fun to watch dance around the pocket and create something from nothing. Miami and SF, if you can watch without your Bills' fan goggles, are like poetry in motion. I've never seen offenses work that well at the NFL level, and SF is doing it with the last pick in the draft. Justin Herbert is really good and is being let down by a bad defense and the dumbest head coach in the NFL. Philadelphia is really creative with the run game and passing schemes and can be really fun to watch.  CJ Stroud and Sam Howell are really coming on this year and those teams might really have something. Jacksonville can put it together at times and Lawrance can really throw the ball. When Joe Burrow is not hurt, he is as accurate as Brady ever was and can really command an offense. And then you have Josh, of course, who is the most exciting player in the league. Even when he's playing badly its still fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Just now, Jay_Fixit said:

Yeah, would suck to have a hall of fame QB who went to 4 Superbowls and the only reason didn’t win the first one was because of the head coach.

At the end of the day, we want a Lombardi. Kelly and Marino deserved to win one. Patrick Ewing deserved an NBA championship as well. I don't want to see Josh in this group even though they were all great players.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

People around here have anxiety when the Bills don't win by 2, 3, 4 touchdowns.  Yes, it's not the norm.  Other teams can hardly score at all and Allen engineers an offense in Buffalo that makes it look too easy sometimes.

I say it often, we are in the golden era of Bills football.  Just hoping whatever higher power up there allows the city to win a Super Bowl trophy.  Because we are spoiled and it would be such a downer if they can't get a Lombardi from this era we're in.

• Like (+1) 8

I love it when the good Josh shows up to play. I'm optimistic now that the bad Josh is safely locked away in a closet never to be seen again. Dorsey's play calling will help keep the closet door closed.

You can tell when Allen is hot.. he has a look in his eye. It's a look of steely confidence and competence. It's a much better look than the "hero ball/bad Josh" look.

Yes. We are spoiled.

After watching the Monday night games, I have also come to realize we are spoiled defensively by McDermott's D. The D is fun to watch, like the great 1990s D.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

We actually are experiencing the golden age of NFL offense. Mahomes is fun to watch dance around the pocket and create something from nothing. Miami and SF, if you can watch without your Bills' fan goggles, are like poetry in motion. I've never seen offenses work that well at the NFL level, and SF is doing it with the last pick in the draft. Justin Herbert is really good and is being let down by a bad defense and the dumbest head coach in the NFL. Philadelphia is really creative with the run game and passing schemes and can be really fun to watch.  CJ Stroud and Sam Howell are really coming on this year and those teams might really have something. Jacksonville can put it together at times and Lawrance can really throw the ball. When Joe Burrow is not hurt, he is as accurate as Brady ever was and can really command an offense. And then you have Josh, of course, who is the most exciting player in the league. Even when he's playing badly its still fun to watch.

Seems like the league is on an offensive decline honestly. Defense is making a come back which is great for us.

18 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

In the past, I could turn on the TV and really get interested in any NFL game that was on.  Now, after watching Josh play the game, watching other QB's is kind of ho-hum.  Most of the time the games are kind of boring. Yes, a few of them can make a couple of great throws a game, like Tua to a wide-open Hill or Waddle, or Mahomes to Kelce, but none, no one, plays the game like Josh Allen. Yes, I know I'm prejudiced, but I believe he is the most exciting and talented quarterback in the game today and will go down in history as one of the best.  Every snap he takes, you know he could make a play that no other QB could possibly make.  That is what makes him so exciting to watch. We are so damn lucky to have him.

After suffering through this list of quarterbacks below since the Super Bowl runs, IN NO WAY AM I EVER taking for granted this special time. Just looking at this list makes me cringe and shake my head, because players like Eric Moulds and Lee Evans and the defensive studs we had at the end of the last century got SCREWED.

Todd Collins
Alex Van Pelt

Doug Flutie

Rob Johnson
Drew Bledsoe

J. P. Losman

Kelly Holcomb
Trent Edwards
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Brian Brohm
EJ Manuel

Thad Lewis

Jeff Tuel
Kyle Orton
Tyrod Taylor

Matt Cassel
Nae Peterman

So yeah, old heads know, and that doesn't even cover the OLDER Mafia members who suffered through QBs just as bad in the 70s and early 80s.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

After suffering through this list of quarterbacks below since the Super Bowl runs, IN NO WAY AM I EVER taking for granted this special time. Just looking at this list makes me cringe and shake my head, because players like Eric Moulds and Lee Evans and the defensive studs we had at the end of the last century got SCREWED.

Todd Collins
Alex Van Pelt

Doug Flutie

Rob Johnson
Drew Bledsoe

J. P. Losman

Kelly Holcomb
Trent Edwards
Ryan Fitzpatrick

Brian Brohm
EJ Manuel

Thad Lewis

Jeff Tuel
Kyle Orton
Tyrod Taylor

Matt Cassel
Nae Peterman

So yeah, old heads know, and that doesn't even cover the OLDER Mafia members who suffered through QBs just as bad in the 70s and early 80s.

Don't you be talking bad about Fitz like that

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Don't you be talking bad about Fitz like that

His limited arm strength doomed him... remember the Giants game? In that game, I knew that he would never be a viable starter for us. Sad, but true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVAM6Jo9-uM

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

For a 2nd time?  Pass. And I am one of the biggest Kelly fans. I would rather have Josh go to just. 1 and win it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

At the end of the day, we want a Lombardi. Kelly and Marino deserved to win one. Patrick Ewing deserved an NBA championship as well. I don't want to see Josh in this group even though they were all great players.

I’ll respectfully disagree with this premise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stinky finger said:

I am not knocking any of these players as they were all great. It would be a shame if the Allen and the Bills don't win at least one Super Bowl.

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Aren’t both those guys in Canton Ohio?

Yes, and neither has a Super Bowl win.

I've made similar comments. I used to watch other games and ask myself "Why can't my team look like that?", and now I watch and get pretty bored.

Yeah, some games are interesting and there are a couple of other teams that are exciting too, but the Bills (the defense too, mind you) are just such a fun and explosive team.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

Nobody wants to be in the also rans group... the only thing that partially helps is induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but fans go on for years and years wondering what could have been and I'm sure those players have it eat at them in down moments.

I'm a Knicks fan also in hibernation until Dolan is no longer a part of the team, and so the year 1992-1993 HURT big time.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

I am not knocking any of these players as they were all great. It would be a shame if the Allen and the Bills don't win at least one Super Bowl.

Josh might be like Elway and get one or two on the tail end of his career. I just hope that it's in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Josh might be like Elway and get one or two on the tail end of his career. I just hope that it's in Buffalo.

I hope so. It would be disappointing if Allen and the Bills don't win a championship.

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

So Super Bowls are a QB only stat Dan Fouts and Warren Moon would also like a word with you 

Not at all. Like I said it would be disappointing if they can't bring a Super Bowl championship to Buffalo. I would rather Allen be in a group with Ben, Peyton, Eli when his career is over. All of them have multiple championships. Plus, Bills fans would love it as well.

6 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I gotcha 👍

I’m just don’t believe those you mentioned “deserved” a championship.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

You're absolutely right.  It is kind of crazy, but even this past Sunday, anytime Tua threw a ball it just looked like it was floating in the air.....of course it does because Allen has an absolute cannon.  

That TD to Gabe was a great example of a rope. No arc just speed and accuracy. Tua would have a wet dream with that kind of throw 

7 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Nobody wants to be in the also rans group... the only thing that partially helps is induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, but fans go on for years and years wondering what could have been and I'm sure those players have it eat at them in down moments.

I'm a Knicks fan also in hibernation until Dolan is no longer a part of the team, and so the year 1992-1993 HURT big time.

I’m not sure I understand your response to my notion of an athlete “deserving” a championship. 

3 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

I’m not sure I understand your response to my notion of an athlete “deserving” a championship. 

When players play at a very high level for so many seasons in professional sports, they should deserve the fruits of their labor being a championship, and not seeing them get at least one is hurtful at least a little for those players.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, zow2 said:

People around here have anxiety when the Bills don't win by 2, 3, 4 touchdowns.  Yes, it's not the norm.  Other teams can hardly score at all and Allen engineers an offense in Buffalo that makes it look too easy sometimes.

I say it often, we are in the golden era of Bills football.  Just hoping whatever higher power up there allows the city to win a Super Bowl trophy.  Because we are spoiled and it would be such a downer if they can't get a Lombardi from this era we're in.

I’m not banking on a higher power caring whether the Bills win a SB or not.  If that higher power cared, why would they put us through four SB losses in a row while letting the Pats* get six?  Unless the higher power involved is the devil?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

When players play at a very high level for so many seasons in professional sports, they should deserve the fruits of their labor being a championship, and not seeing them get at least one is hurtful at least a little for those players.

I agree it can be hurtful. Doesn’t mean they deserve one. 

11 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I’m not banking on a higher power caring whether the Bills win a SB or not.  If that higher power cared, why would they put us through four SB losses in a row while letting the Pats* get six?  Unless the higher power involved is the devil?

Maybe the higher power likes Lobster and chowda... and hates wings and blue cheese

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tomur67 said:

I understand fully. It is very much like how it was in the '90s watching the Bills K-Gun offense and then watching another game where the teams actually huddled. 

paint GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.