Bills Sign CB to PS

BuffaloBillyG

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

That uniform looks... suspiciously familiar...

UNBELIEVABLE!!! 

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

So we went through camp with 4 6'4" wide receivers - Shorter (IR), Shavers (PS), Dezmon Patmon (signed to PS at the end of the season), and Marcell Ateman.

Now there is one (Shavers)

Though we do have Shorter on IR.

Why was Ateman waived if Ankou got poached? 

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

Who else you putting on main roster when White goes on IR. Im sure this guy will fill Ingrams role in practice. Ingram will be added to 53 but be inactive like Elam was. And Elam, Jackson, and Benford will be our outside CBs

They will have to add Von back soon.  I mean they might add him to the roster now but I see no reason to when they can use callups on him.  Why spend extra cap space just to leave a guy inactive?

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why was Ateman waived if Ankou got poached? 

At a guess, and it's only a guess, the Bills decided to sign Miller to the PS before Ankou's agent communicated with them that Ankou would join Atlanta's 53 man roster

So they may have made an unnecessary move in releasing Ateman

It's possible that they'll want to fill Ankou's spot with a DT though.

Minor nit, I don't think 'waived' is the right term for a practice spot cut, since all practice squad players are free agents and not subject to waiver claims

• Like (+1) 1

Small college background (Florida Atlantic).  A UDFA in 2019 didn't make the team that signed him (KC).  He's bounced around a bit since then, most recently with Cleveland.  He's played in a handful of regular season games over the last three seasons.  He has nice size (6'1" or 6'2" depending on the source of  the data and right around 200 lbs.  I couldn't find any other measurables like 40 time.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

Bring back Reggie Corner. The man was built to be a DB.

Well... he was named to be a cornerback...

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

We have a 'Herb Nightly' here, who seems fairly lucid...usually.  Are you an anti-Herbite?

Even decades after decriminalization and there's still those people... 

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Why spend extra cap space just to leave a guy inactive?

I give up, why?

15 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Look at all the guys from Buffalo Schein/Dabol brought in.

The first year or two, it makes sense. And I think it's a major part of what is hampering Payton with having been out of the league for a couple years.

New coaches bringing in players that are already familiar with the new coach and can set the tone in the new locker room of "Hey, give this guy a shot, I worked with him in the past and he knows his stuff" is invaluable when trying to change culture.

But at THIS POINT, with McD being one of the longest tenured active coaches, and the Bills already established culture and winning, the pipeline from Carolina is just a joke. Crazy we seemingly cant/wont elsewhere.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952pecqs8th0g3111vy3z

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/3/2023 at 1:30 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

But at THIS POINT, with McD being one of the longest tenured active coaches, and the Bills already established culture and winning, the pipeline from Carolina is just a joke. Crazy we seemingly cant/wont elsewhere.

Teams of players brought in throw free agency or trade during McBean era:

Minnesota 

Dallas 2 players 

Cleveland 

Green Bay

Miami

New Orleans

Raiders

Rams 3 players 

New England 

Tampa Bay

Arizona 

that's all I can remember right now 

Denver!

Edited by mabden

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.