Over-reaction Three Weeks In.... Offense seems disjointed

Billsfan1972

1 minute ago, Process said:

2nd down was the biggest issue yesterday. Run up the middle on every 2nd and 10 in the first half. 🤮

I mentioned in game, you have to have a threat of a running game or teams will rush your QB hard. It worked as we kept Washington's Dline on their heels and had a balanced offense.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Bockeye said:

At least Davis and Knox aren’t dropping balls anymore. Big help on our drives. 

😬

Yeah if the big money TE and the wannabe-big-money "WR2" caught the passes they should have I expect they have 2 more TD's scored(and 1 less FG and 0 turnovers instead of 1).

26-0 going into the 4th looks a lot better than 16-0.

It's entirely a playmaker issue.

Diggs is the only reliable veteran option in the passing game........again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Process said:

Dorsey needs to figure out how to use Kincaid and get him more involved. 

Also need to end the Harty experiment. Bad signing. Move on. Don't force him into the game plan because of his contract.

So, is Harty, Sherfield, Shakir and Knox also a waste because they haven’t exactly had eye-popping stats.

It’s a long season. You’ll see all of the above mentioned play a needed role as we move along.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah if the big money TE and the wannabe-big-money "WR2" caught the passes they should have I expect they have 2 more TD's scored(and 1 less FG and 0 turnovers instead of 1).

26-0 going into the 4th looks a lot better than 16-0.

It's entirely a playmaker issue.

Diggs is the only reliable veteran option in the passing game........again.

Completely agree with this.  Knox’s hands are highly suspect and Davis is decent but not a #2 on an elite offense.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep 75 points the last two weeks (7 by the defense) and a very scary Miami team this week.

Yesterday was never in doubt, but face it the Bills only had 16 points entering the 4th.

I think what a lot of people are forgetting is Washington has a pretty good defense hobbled by a raw QB under center.  Couple that with the fact the Bills offense sputtered several times in the RZ settling for FGs makes this game look closer before the 4th quarter onslaught. 

30 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

The offense should be able to consistently move down the field without Allen heroics.

We saw that in the Raiders game, but not the Commanders game. He had to scramble around and do all sorts nonsense on third and long.

The optimist in me says that they are trying a lot of new things that are different than last year, and they are in the progress of figuring it out. Even while disjointed they are a top 5 offense in the league.

A more reliable WR2 would help this team tremendously. And maybe better playcalling!! 4th and inches and you call a play out of the shotgun? 

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I mentioned in game, you have to have a threat of a running game or teams will rush your QB hard. It worked as we kept Washington's Dline on their heels and had a balanced offense.

You don't accomplish that by running a shotgun draw up the middle on every single 2nd and long

16 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

“Josh is thinking too much and not playing free and instinctively.  I put that on the coaching” - Justin Fields 

He played a little too free in the jets game. That’s coaching. Then he plays more disciplined.  It’s coaching. Sometimes it’s Josh. 

I don’t know if it’s disjointed or we have a better understanding of situational awareness 

We moved the ball ok. I think when Tre got that int at the one we moved the ball  and got 3 out of it. We had very solid drives that just ended in three points. However we are consistently running the ball and controlling the game. The explosive plays aren’t coming as often as they seemingly did but they still happen. 

I would like to see our tight ends more involved. It would be nice to draft a guy in the first round and actually use him consistently. 

I assume that will come with time. Kincaid is solid and when he gets more chances our offensive rhythm will improve. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.