Over-reaction Three Weeks In.... Offense seems disjointed

Billsfan1972

5 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

This is exactly what teams who play a 2-high shell with 7 defenders (rushing 4) want Josh to think. The deep balls are covered, the intermediate balls require precision and we've got only 1 guy right now (Diggs) who's getting separation regularly and catching the ball. This is where Davis / Knox / Kincaid should be used with play action. We should be running the sht out of the ball into light boxes and hitting slants/quick WR screens/TE chips to the flat. If you are successful the D adjusts and now the deep/intermediate shots are more open 

I think that's what he's saying...we don't have the personnel to be successful doing that

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Now I see that those runs were designed to make LV think twice in the 4th quarter. 

e get it the Bills steamrolled them.  

The Bills were down 7-0 and came out with 3 uninspired plays to start the game and it was all a ruse.😉 

Again I was playing checkers and McD was playing Chess 

Yeah, those 3 uninspiring plays lead to a lackluster performance.  We probably struggled the rest of the game.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I think that's what he's saying...we don't have the personnel to be successful doing that

We absolutely do. Diggs/Knox/Kincaid and Cook both running and catching out of the backfield plus an improved O-line are plenty good enough to dink and dunk / run the ball and force teams out of that 2 high shell. I'd get Murray involved earlier in games because I think he's got better vision right now than Cook between the tackles. That plus more play action with Josh under center is how you take advantage of that type of defense 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep LV played right into McD's hands. Obviously McD set them up with those three calls.

We scored 5 offensive TD's and you nitpick about the first 3 plays.  

You complain we put too much on Allen and then we hand the ball off and you complain.  I guess we throw on 1st and 2nd down 100% of the time and become predictable.

You called your own thread an overreaction but then you come in here and defend the overreactions lol.  So you created this thread just to give overreactions and then argue to defend them....

I'm out.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

We absolutely do. Diggs/Knox/Kincaid and Cook both running and catching out of the backfield plus an improved O-line are plenty good enough to dink and dunk / run the ball and force teams out of that 2 high shell. I'd get Murray involved earlier in games because I think he's got better vision right now than Cook between the tackles. That plus more play action with Josh under center is how you take advantage of that type of defense 

I see it very differently tbh

Kincaid is a rookie and to my eye looks it out there, he flashes but I don't think they're going to be comfortable yet w him making the right read on timing routes...hopefully soon tho

Knox is for me not at all the kind of guy to work underneath, lacks precision and doesn't catch the ball cleanly

Cook I could see due to his fluidity but unlike his brother who made a living catching check downs from Cousins I don't think he's a naturally aggressive runner through contact

Agree on Murray to soften things up for playaction

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think it is McD holding him back.  I see zero evidence to support that synopsis. I think Josh has to play better. It is one awful game, one great game, one average game. That pattern won't be enough.

Was he average against the Commanders? Using what scale? I thought he was excellent and primarily the only reason our offense moved the ball until the Commanders gave up. Several incredible 1 of 1 plays. It was a classic Josh Allen superstar game. What am I missing?

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We scored 5 offensive TD's and you nitpick about the first 3 plays.  

You complain we put too much on Allen and then we hand the ball off and you complain.  I guess we throw on 1st and 2nd down 100% of the time and become predictable.

You called your own thread an overreaction but then you come in here and defend the overreactions lol.  So you created this thread just to give overreactions and then argue to defend them....

I'm out.

Talk about all over the place.  Btw never said we place too much on Allen, frankly he's the reason the Bills can win the SB and when the reins or muzzle is put on him I'm not happy.

Not a fan of telegraphed run plays.

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Talk about all over the place.  Btw never said we place too much on Allen, frankly he's the reason the Bills can win the SB and when the reins or muzzle is put on him I'm not happy.

Not a fan of telegraphed run plays.

Was the run play with Gabe telegraphed? 😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.