9/24/23 Week 3 GAMEDAY Bills vs Commanders Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

I think the D will hold Washington to 25 points or less. What worries me is the D line dominating the Bills O line, especially Brown. Yes, you can chip on that side, even keep Knox or fifth lineman in to help, but then you have seven players covering four receivers, with pressure coming up the middle and from the left, forcing short throws all day into rolled-up coverage. Basically the formula that helped the Bucs beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. Consider too that the Wash. D-line may be better than the Bucs was, and the Bills O-line worse than Chiefs O-line back then. 

I still think the Bills prevail, simply because the Wash. linebackers and DBs aren't particularly strong, so YAC should be significant. And while Brown truly sucks in pass pro, he's an effective run blocker. So let Brown and Torrence cook for Cook, work in some play action off that. I'm also looking for a break-out game for Kincaid.

Bills 28-21

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, finn said:

I think the D will hold Washington to 25 points or less. What worries me is the D line dominating the Bills O line, especially Brown. Yes, you can chip on that side, even keep Knox or fifth lineman in to help, but then you have seven players covering four receivers, with pressure coming up the middle and from the left, forcing short throws all day into rolled-up coverage. Basically the formula that helped the Bucs beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. Consider too that the Wash. D-line may be better than the Bucs was, and the Bills O-line worse than Chiefs O-line back then. 

I still think the Bills prevail, simply because the Wash. linebackers and DBs aren't particularly strong, so YAC should be significant. And while Brown truly sucks in pass pro, he's an effective run blocker. So let Brown and Torrence cook for Cook, work in some play action off that. I'm also looking for a break-out game for Kincaid.

Bills 28-21

Yea this worse case scenario. Bills need to run the damn ball in their 12 personnel w RBs. Blow up their light box. Pass game comes off that . Play action. Or try and go deep if wash comes out to 4-3

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, finn said:

Bills 28-21

This OL is much better than the chiefs OL that lost to the Bucs.  There is not doubt. Not sure why you would think THAT OL is better than any OL evver.  It was all backup bums and is the reason they invested so much in the OL since that game  

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Some interesting stuff:

With 4 catches today, Dalton Kincaid would be the first Bill ever to get 4+ catches in their first 3 games.

Since 2020, the Bills lead the league in PPG for and PPG against

Reid Furguson's 100th game for the Bills

Edited by Slippery Rubber Mats
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This OL is much better than the chiefs OL that lost to the Bucs.  There is not doubt. Not sure why you would think THAT OL is better than any OL evver.  It was all backup bums and is the reason they invested so much in the OL since that game  

You might be right. I was lazy, assuming the Chiefs line was always good, or at least better than ours. The product of long-standing envy. I stand corrected. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Washington Whatevers😀. They have a great DLine, but nothing special outside of that on D. They can get after the passer, but have been fooled by different formations, misdirection and by simply mixing things up. They are going to have problems with Buffalo's offense. Big problems. Denver put up 33pts against them. 

I smell another statement game coming. A blowout even. The Whatevers are in for a wake up call. Go Bills!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

The only players I know on the commanders are chase young, Terry mclauren, Logan Thomas and this Sam Howell guy who is a 5th round pick. Should be a good day right? 

Chase Young hasn't been good since 2020.

If our O schemes & executes like last week, this could be a laugher.

Anyone looking for pregame excitement, head out to North Collins this morning. Operation Lifesaver, railroad crossing safety, at 1130 will be running locomotives into automobiles🙂

Edited by MarkyMannn

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Happy 🍂 Autumn!

Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Allen. One is dangerously reckless and will turn a happy victory into a horrible loss. The other will be the ‘excellence of execution’ and be honored with many Player of the Week awards. As evidenced in our 1st 2 games, whichever one shows up on Gameday goes a very long way in determining the outcome. 

Very true.

Go Bills! 

16 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Chase Young hasn't been good since 2020.

If our O schemes & executes like last week, this could be a laugher.

Anyone looking for pregame excitement, head out to North Collins this morning. Operation Lifesaver, railroad crossing safety, at 1130 will be running locomotives into automobiles🙂

I live about 11 minutes away. At the gym in Hamburg now may take a look on my way home 👍

Edited by TheBeaneBandit
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If Spencer Brown is going to be the guy we saw last week, we are going to be a problem.

Spencer Brown did not have a “great” game if that is what you are implying.  He was given tons of help and was still beaten pretty regularly by Crosby…the Bills simply had a good plan and Allen got the ball out quickly.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.