Terrel Bernard Appreciation Thread

Rigotz

14 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

So, now when we know that Bernard might actually be a good player, isn't it time to start bashing Beane for drafting Dorian Williams? Why did we need him, when we already have two Pro-bowl LBs? :)

I'm glad you brought this up, because I think he's going to be a good pick too. The Beane bashing is ridiculous. 

• Agree 2

One of the best guys I can remember a Bills LB ever having (Kiko, Spikes, Paup are other ones who stand out). So happy for the guy and he should be DPOY of the week.

I still am blown away but how small he looks. I don’t know how a team doesn’t look at LBs and not try to pound with the run.  But I love the match up with Miami. 

let’s hope this continues. Amazing, amazing game. 

On 9/25/2023 at 9:58 AM, Clyde Smith said:

Bernard's plays so far is giving me flashbacks of Kiko Alonso rookie year. No one really expected him to ball out like that.

Agreed but he fell off really quick. Let’s hope this last longer.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/24/2023 at 5:23 PM, TheWeatherMan said:

Dear Chicago,

Thank you for pricing us out of the Edmunds market!  We now have a significantly better beast of a MLB secured with 4 year cheap cost controlled rookie contract.  

Sincerely,

Brandon Beane 

It doesn't stop there either.

Don't forget, because Chicago paid him so much, we are getting a 3rd round comp pick for Edmunds as well.

So, instead of paying Edmunds $18M per year, we essentially get Ed Oliver on a long term deal, Terrel Bernard at MLB, and another third round pick.

Not bad!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As someone who thought he was gonna be a liability I am pleasantly surprised. Even if he regressed a little he still will be an above average LB, and his ability to make pop plays is obviously higher than Edmunds. It is almost as if McDermott is good at this defense thing. 

On 9/24/2023 at 8:21 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Bernard will have times he’s washed away from the play or gets blown up.  Especially if the OL get to the second level.

But over the course of the game, were the mostly effective or mostly non-effective.

A few plays here or there doesn’t prove a point.

Bernard is playing very well so far.  We have a lot more of the season to declare him good or not.

He absolutely jumped off the page for me against the Commanders. He stood out in all 3 games actually.  I actually joked during the last game that Milano was wearing Bernard's jersey. It will be so fun to watch if we have 2 above average to elite LB's, to go along with that D-line.

That being said, I agree that this is a very small sample size, and now he needs to show consistency.

But if he does, boy will it be fun...

• Agree 1

On 9/17/2023 at 8:46 PM, Captain_Quint said:

For what it's worth, Belicheck is playing 3 safeties tonight against Miami. I think Bernard will have tough games on teams wanting to run on us, but against the pass he looks good so far. 

I could be mistaken, but I do believe the Raiders wanted to run on us.  Now it could be they can't run on anyone right now, and that's a big problem for them because their offense is built to work around the run game. 

Against Denver, 29 rush attempts to 20 pass attempts.  Against us, even split between run and pass.  Against the Stillers, they could taste that come from behind victory so they started to pass more at the end.

But the "want to run on" was there. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.