Raiders @ Bills - Postgame Thread

HappyDays

7 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

Very true! Can’t possibly imagine what people could complain about after this week. 

I mean, I can come up with a few:

- Allen still taking an unnecessary hit well after the first down.

- Red zone offense felt disjointed. They did convert to TDs, but relied on 4th down conversions.

- Poyer, Hyde and White all looked slow at times. We need to figure something out against Miami’s speedy WRs

- Aggressive defensive play calling made us vulnerable to screens. Adams took one to the house.

- ??? Okay, I’m all out

Still a completely dominant win, I expect a similar result next week!

6 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

- Red zone offense felt disjointed. They did convert to TDs, but relied on 4th down conversions.

- Poyer, Hyde and White all looked slow at times. We need to figure something out against Miami’s speedy WRs

- Aggressive defensive play calling made us vulnerable to screens. Adams took one to the house.

- ??? Okay, I’m all out

Elam needs to be active for the Miami game. He at least has speed and showed in playoffs he can be physical against Hill

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

WHERE ARE ALL THE BERNARD HATERS??

I liked Tremaine but at 18 million IDK if he even makes the plays Bernard made today. If you can keep Bernard clean, he can shoot gaps and dropped Jacobs a couple times. It’s only game 2 but he’s holding his own and even making some plays.

This is the second straight game Dorsey called a good game, this time Josh stuck to the script. I’d still like to see him under center more with play action (like the long Kincaid pass) and that 4th down call sucked but overall he’s shown some growth. Yeah I know it was the Raiders D but we needed a game like this to get on track and winning in dominant fashion doesn’t suck either.

Overall, exactly what this team needed especially Josh. Hopefully they can keep it rolling against Washington and then get a good test against Miami.

Go Bills!

• Agree 2

Loved the game plan much more today. Outside the first scripted drive the defense looked quite good. Milano with one of the coolest picks I’ve ever seen. 
Run game.. run game.. run game. All 3 backs looked solid. Allen was pretty smart and rarely looked like he had to put on a cape and do everything. 
Lastly a shoutout to Spencer brown, Crosby was pretty much a non factor and brown didn’t get as much help as I expected. Solid game for them to build on 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Dorsey did the right thing letting Spencer Brown hit Crosby again and again with runs to that side early. It should be the formula whenever Brown is going up against a good pass rusher. Crosby is good against the run too but it really took him out of his rushing game by getting worked regularly by a bigger player. We have tools to punish opponents and on O we really benefit when we use them. Hopefully we keep getting more each game from our TEs who can make secondaries pay for deep zone coverages.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I'll eat the crow this week on Gabe Davis. 

Incredible job by the Bills rush defense today. 

Does anyone miss Singletary? 

Allen's escapability today on full display. 

Spencer Brown and the chipping on Maxx Crosby. 

Milano is off to a monster year. 

Bernard - hey, got the interception that stopped the Raiders. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Loved the game plan much more today. Outside the first scripted drive the defense looked quite good. Milano with one of the coolest picks I’ve ever seen. 
Run game.. run game.. run game. All 3 backs looked solid. Allen was pretty smart and rarely looked like he had to put on a cape and do everything. 
Lastly a shoutout to Spencer brown, Crosby was pretty much a non factor and brown didn’t get as much help as I expected. Solid game for them to build on 

Yes, Latavius' size stands out at 6'3". 

And Harris with the big kick return. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

- ??? Okay, I’m all out

Aging secondary is probably my biggest concern. Will need to cover that up with an overwhelming pass rush. Looking forward to Miller coming back.

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Team played pretty good.  Nothing to get excited about but a win is a win. 

Come on man. As a dude who is pretty quick to say “QB needs tondonX,Y, Z” he did X,Y,Z all day. 

Sure don’t miss organize the SB parade, but this is the game myself and others hard on Josh were begging for. 

This one was quality and efficient QB play. When this team does that the sky is the limit. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.