Week 2, Rayduhs v. Bills, 09/17/2023 - GAME BALLS

Freddie's Dead

1a/1b - Dorsey/Allen - Flip them either way I don’t care. This was a refreshing game.

Front 7 - played lights out. 

Davis - Great game but another bounce backS

Diggs - Great game. Could have been flipped with Davis. But week by week Davis gets the nod. 

• Like (+1) 1

Allen is unstoppable when he plays with discipline and is willing to take what the defense gives him. 

Defense looks susceptible to a big play here and there, but also seems FAR more capable of making plays, while still being a strong unit that will make you work for it.  When Von comes back, this DL is a straight up UNIT. 

Benford stays looking good at CB2. 

Brown looked like a franchise RT today, and even those guys get help against the elite rushers. 

Bernard with the impact play. 

McDermott was aggressive on 4th down. 

Overall, not sure how much more I could ask for in a game where we needed to remind the league, and maybe even ourselves, who we are capable of being week to week.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, he played well.

But he also got plenty of help from Torrence, Gilliam, Allen, Dorsey, etc.

Sure, but every tackle in the league should. They had one weapon on defense, so even if you have an all pro at tackle, it's just smart to give them help.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I thought Oliver had the best game of anyone on the defense today, he absolutely gets a game ball. Everyone in my section today was talking about how good he looked

You know what is helping Ed? They are playing him more. I think it is helping him find his groove. Not every player gets better with rest. Some need that feel.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

You know what is helping Ed? They are playing him more. I think it is helping him find his groove. Not every player gets better with rest. Some need that feel.

I completely agree with this. Let him stay out there unless you really need a bigger body in there. Don’t rotate him out just for the sake of rotating him out

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

I completely agree with this. Let him stay out there unless you really need a bigger body in there. Don’t rotate him out just for the sake of rotating him out

No DT is gonna play 100% but he needs to be around 70-75%. He was last week and it felt like he was agaim this week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I've always felt our rotation isn't helpful to the players.  It doesn't allow them to get into a rhythm.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Oliver

Rousseau

Milano

D. Jones

Not sure anyone on offense was really game-ball worthy - the skill players all did their part, but nobody stood out - and I didn't watch the O-line closely enough to say. I just thought all the exceptional play today was on the D side. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

@Freddie's Dead does a bizarre nickname every game all thread. Some of them catch on, like Groot. Some of them do not.

I for one was hopeful that he didn’t try to force a nick name for Damien Harris. I consider that progress.

I did not nickname Groot.  My French Philosopher nickname died aborning.  Was considering 666 for Harris (just to piss you off).  :devil:

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Is it a thing, or is it just a few lame fans trying to make it a thing?

It’s been a thing for quite some time now 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Everyone that has to start a thread this week complaining about the bills.

You all deserve a game ball since you will disappear for the next 72 hours.

🏈🏈🏈🏈

It was insane how many usernames I don’t remember ever seeing before crawled out of the woodworks last week

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, skibum said:

Oliver

Rousseau

Milano

D. Jones

Not sure anyone on offense was really game-ball worthy - the skill players all did their part, but nobody stood out - and I didn't watch the O-line closely enough to say. I just thought all the exceptional play today was on the D side. 

James Cook?  Diggs?  Oline held Max Crosby in check. 

The offense controlled the ball for over 40 minutes.  Our offense had 4 drives over 11 plays, including a TD drive that started at our 6 yard line.  No turnovers.  No drops.  Josh played great. Our offense score 38.  And ball control is a winning recipe when we play Chefs, Eagles, and any other top team in playoffs and superbowl.

I give the whole offense a game ball!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

James Cook?  Diggs?  Oline held Max Crosby in check. 

The offense controlled the ball for over 40 minutes.  Our offense had 4 drives over 11 plays, including a TD drive that started at our 6 yard line.  No turnovers.  No drops.  Josh played great. Our offense score 38.  And ball control is a winning recipe when we play Chefs, Eagles, and any other top team in playoffs and superbowl.

I give the whole offense a game ball!

Gabe.  Kincaid.  Latavious and Harris with some hard running( good God it's been forever since we had a power back- we have two now! 

They say if you dont hear an offensive linemans name, hes doing his job.  I didn't hear any mention of Shnowman, Conor, Cyrus, or Brown.  Mitch I heard hurt his finger.

I ask- who doesnt get a gameball on offense?  Everyone I saw on offense did their job

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.