Ken Dorsey

Big Blitz

If a change is gonna be made, the easiest one to make is getting rid of Dorsey.  Josh stunk but it was like we weren’t even trying to win the game.  Any points in the first 4 possessions of the 2nd half and the game was over.  Go heavy with 2 Tight Ends and Murray or Harris when the same crap with Cook ain’t working.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You cant do it now. It will literally take weeks to learn. Get together with Dorsey and come up with something that will work. Josh needs to be tamed and I’m telling you right now..no matter how unconventional it is, Josh needs to use his legs more. That’s what makes him special. I need this guy running for 70 and throwing 20x. Not throwing for 300+ and trying to be a pocket passer. Be the unicorn that you are. If you go down, go down with our fastball. Josh running is our best play.

They got Joe Brady who judging by his award winning resume (nevermind being Matt Rhule’s scape goat in Carolina) is the likely successor just waiting for his opportunity. No need to change terminology or anything, I’d be very interest to see what he could do with this offense… it’s the only other legitimate option to Dorsey this season.

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Josh is incapable,  it's not in his DNA.  He refuses to slide or run OB. He clearly refuses to stop throwing in double coverage. He refuses to cover the ball when he's about to be sacked. He clearly still refuses to take the short stuff.  He's not maturing going into his 6th season.  And an awful OL & OC just amplifies this narrative. 

I agree with most of this. I just don’t know how to grade an OL and OC when a QB does what Josh did tonight.

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Something has happened to Josh.  He runs like a jackrabbit at the merest sign of pressure in the pocket.  Almost like he has PTSD.

He has ADHD or PTSD. He doesn’t look comfortable in the pocket whatsoever. He’s seeing ghosts. No longer cool and calm from the pocket. 

Edited by Dr.Sack
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Dorsey should be a man and resign. Get a veteran play caller. We heard all summer how Kincaid and Harty were the missing pieces to his offense. He doesn't know what his offense is. There's no originality, creativity, or even a recognizable game plan. It's a mess. Time to make a change

He is at fault as well. Why not use Harris and other rb vs a good defense and other play call's. I don't understand why, Allen hero ball get's Bill's in trouble. Need to coach him out of it.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

There are some speculating he may have had his bell rung and played with a concussion. Not sure what stock I put in that without a replay of the hit in question

The play he fumbled but it was called dead on forward progress it's a possibility he had a concussion. He got rocked hard and landed forehead first with a man on his back.

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Something has happened to Josh.  He runs like a jackrabbit at the merest sign of pressure in the pocket.  Almost like he has PTSD.

Also he turns it over a few times ..

Better to blame Dorsey instead I think …. This is the better result because we can just get another OC next year .. ( to blame) 

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Also he turns it over a few times ..

Better to blame Dorsey instead I think …. This is the better result because we can just get another OC next year .. ( to blame) 

If Dorsey has to be sacrificed, so be it.  He’ll be coaching HS in a year or two.

42 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Right here.  That was the game and the dumbest freaking call in Dorsey’s tenure.  

The Jets were sitting back 7.  The box wasn’t even expecting a run.  

Andy Reid runs McKinnon or some jag there for 7 yards.  

IMG_4959.jpeg

I’m sorry I just keep going back to this.  

You’re up 7.  He’s already thrown 2 INTs.  A run there takes that possibility away - which the Jets were putting all their hopes on - and Josh isn’t sitting with a stat line of 4 turnovers - the 4th came after the Jets TD.  

I know that sounds like playing scared no it’s not.  Plus, Josh was absolutely banged up.  The game needed to be put in the hands of this revamped oline and Harris or Murray who we got for that very down and distance in that scenario against that defense.   

Dorsey epic epic fails in that 2nd half.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

He wasn’t focused whatsoever up 7 within yards of FG range to go up 10. 

This.  It’s why we stink in close games.  Stay up by 2 scores and you can’t lose.  Josh has no concept of just taking the damn win instead of going for the blowout. Josh needs a Shanahan type like Elway did.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, schoolhouserock said:

Yes! I would much rather the embarrassment of Sunday night’s game than tonight’s game.

(I am being sarcastic)

I believe the Giants are in their 2018 season (comparing to us). They overachieved last season, just like we did in 2017, and surprise-made the playoffs in Daboll’s first year, just like McDermott. I think this year they rebuild a bit and next year is when they break out. Just my opinion. 

Giving Daniel Jones that contract, though, was a mistake, in my opinion

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

As long as it fixes the problem though… I’m not so sure 

He used to be historically safe with the ball in big crossroads. 

what was his streak of red zone possessions without an INT? 

1 minute ago, BillMafia716ix said:

I’m probably the biggest Dorsey basher there is. Not tonight though. Obviously there’s some plays we could have done better but this game is 100% on Josh. He has regressed and his play is starting to become worrisome. He hasn’t been the same since the GB game last year. 

Do you think Dorsey may have a hand in that regression?

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I believe the Giants are in their 2018 season (comparing to us). They overachieved last season, just like we did in 2017, and surprise-made the playoffs in Daboll’s first year, just like McDermott. I think this year they rebuild a bit and next year is when they break out. Just my opinion. 

Giving Daniel Jones that contract, though, was a mistake, in my opinion

Does this mean you’d take a 2018 or 2019 McDermott over a 2023 McDermott? What about a 2020 McDermott? I did not realize coaches aged out of the position so quickly!

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

He used to be historically safe with the ball in big crossroads. 

what was his streak of red zone possessions without an INT? 

Do you think Dorsey may have a hand in that regression?

Possibly but Dorsey ain’t the one out  throwing the ball to the other team. Throwing the deep ball on 3rd and 2 is not on him either. Josh’s complete lack of awareness and lack of playing situational football is killing us.  

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Possibly but Dorsey ain’t the one out  throwing the ball to the other team. Throwing the deep ball on 3rd and 2 is not on him either. Josh’s complete lack of awareness and lack of playing situational football is killing us.  

doesn’t an OC largely set the tone going into those plays? 

are you alleging Dorsey says “34 jet sweep x banana, and Josh remember if it’s tight up top go to the outlet quickly” and Josh is responding “screw you dude, I don’t care”

or do you think the guy who struggles to stay in balance himself is maybe lacking in that type of coaching of others?

Edited by NoSaint
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, DJB said:

I wasn’t a believer last year and I’m not this year either 

Dorsey ain’t the guy

Thanks for not making a new thread on this.

I wasn’t a believer after last season and was hoping we’d move on but didn’t think there was any chance of that.

So far this season, he’s trending up but he’s susceptible to making really bad play calls in crucial situations.  I’m feeling better about him after 3 weeks.  I’ll probably be all in if he figures out how to best use Kincaid and Harty…..while keeping Josh under center the majority of the time  

• Like (+1) 1

He's been awesome in game 2, and pretty damn good yesterday!

Sure there are growing pains. I don't mean just about him, but for this year, learning how to best use the current roster. We are only 3 weeks in the season. Offenses always adjust more slowly than defenses. And Josh yesterday had the perfect mix of  the short game while using his legs and long passes. You can see him already mature in this "new style of offense". Taking what is there yet remaining "full Josh".

I even like the "head scratching plays" like the shotgun passes on 4th and 1. Why? Because those were games already won, and it just throws some curves in future DC planning against the Bills O.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.