9/11/23 GAMEDAY Week 1 Bills @ Jets MNF Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, HappyDays said:

The butterflies just hit me out of nowhere. Will we make a statement or will we prove all of the analysts right?

Doesn't matter to me about the media. I just laugh and make fun of it now. This game is not going to define our season.  I hope we make a statement but its about stringing wins together and hitting stride when it matters most.

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

The Jets have a huge advantage because there is no tape of the offense that they’ll run. Maybe they’ll use some plays from GB, but that was really LaFluer”s playbook. The Jets have 4 years of tape on the Daboll/Dorsey scheme.

How much tape do they have on Dalton Kincaid?

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not going to be a downer on opening night but man I hate what we are doing with Elam. The guy should be starting but..just trade him if these are the games we are going to play.

He was bad in preseason games and bad in practice, otherwise they would start him. They're not starting a 6th rounder from the same draft because of pedigree or "veteran presence"

He played bad in man and is clueless in zone 

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

The era of Jets uniforms they are wearing tonight (just saw them) absolutely sucks!

They should go '60s.

If they want to wear ‘90s throwbacks they can have at it.  I seem to remember we curbstomped those threads twice a year on the regular. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Eh, beer is mostly water... :beer: 

Settle down boyst, we all already like you - no need to tout your many charitable endeavors and beneficial things you do for society. 🤣🙌🥃

I'm not nice. They're still talking about a job description for a marketing manager we need to hire full time.  🥴

I'm becoming very not nice. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, krf139 said:

I literally don’t know if I can make it through the game with espn drooling over the Jets. The pregame show is unwatchable 

With all of the innovation in the TV coverage, finding a way to let users listen to the hometown radio broadscasts (synched to the games) would be  a major improvement. 

• Like (+1) 2

I said it upthread, but Aaron Rodgers going to the Jets and leading them to a SB championship would be the sports story of the year. If we were to win, it would be a nice story. Like the Padres winning the WS. The hapless Jets winning would be like the Cubs or Knicks winning. 

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, krf139 said:

I literally don’t know if I can make it through the game with espn drooling over the Jets. The pregame show is unwatchable 

The bills have been invited to this game to lose to give the Jets Instant Credibility.  A win over Josh Allen allows the machine that wants rogers to win the division so bad to get off and running...."they already beat Allen" etc...is all we will hear. 

Buffalo is the homecoming team tonight and they are going to have to survive the first quarter.  

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Did I say they suck? 

It’s okay that ya’ll don’t care about another highly drafted bust who is wearing sweatpants tonight. I do.

Guess that Mahomes first season was a wash? He sat almost the entire year, barely contributed at all🤷🏼‍♂️.  That’s the breaks in the big leagues. Bengals are looking like complete losers with all those high picks and big $$players😬