Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

On 12/21/2023 at 3:00 PM, GunnerBill said:

I don't think firing Dorsey after last season would have been correct. I think had they fired him after the Giants game that would have been defensible.

I still think so many of our offensive struggles early in the year were beyond Dorsey's control.

Take the Giants game for example. The offense was nearly perfect in the second half. Three possessions, two long time-consuming TD drives. The third possession we would have ran out the clock but Allen barely miss-fired to Knox who couldn't bring in the pass. The game plan in the second half of the Giants game was great and executed to near perfection. 

The first half of the Giants game we had two drives end by WR's being tripped unintentionally by the DB. We haven't seen that at any other point this year, but it happened twice in one half in that game. Go figure. And I think Allen through an INT in the first half as well? Just a lot of weird things that make it hard to point directly at the OC.

That said, I'm happy with Joe Brady for now and glad the change seems to have worked out for the better.

FWIW, on the Buffalo Plus pod yesterday with Dan Fetes and his NE sports journalist guest (link here), they discuss that after this hit happened, Belichick apparently came up to McD during the postgame handshake and said what his guy [Gronk] had done was BS...(not that Belichick probably did anything about it internally though? At least I don't recall ever hearing anything to that effect). 

• Thank you (+1) 2

peoples elbow WTF. 

This is a guy justifying why he took that shot.  what a dirtbag.

He is just lucky that Tre wasn't more seriously injured dude would be NOT smiling then.

I dont need more reasons to dislike the guy. This surprises me ZERO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, muppy said:

peoples elbow WTF. 

This is a guy justifying why he took that shot.  what a dirtbag.

He is just lucky that Tre wasn't more seriously injured dude would be NOT smiling then.

I dont need more reasons to dislike the guy. This surprises me ZERO

Agree. That was awful what he said. Classless on his part.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Belichick apparently came up to McD during the postgame handshake and said what his guy [Gronk] had done was BS...

I remember that… it was a lengthy exchange by post-game standards. I vaguely remember being able to read Belichick’s lips. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

Is my memory correct that he wasn’t even tossed from the game after pummeling White?  Outrageous.

Tre’s teammates were super weak in standing up for him too. I think Hyde gave him a little shove. Reminded me of the Sabres soft response after the Bruins guy ran over Miller. 

and I used to like Gronk. Buffalo type of guy who I have a ton of friends who are like (myself included). But that was such a scumbag move. And get off tv. He’s really not that interesting or adds any real perspective to anything. Dude kinda sucks. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

That's right, the pod guys said it was about 35 seconds, an eternity for postgame handshakes. 

I vividly remember that play. I went to college in Massachusetts. I had one roommate who was also a Bills fan and the rest were Patriots fans - we all watched the game together. 

I was so fired up about that hit because it was absolute bull####. I love my friends, but in typical Masshole fashion they turned it into me being a sore loser, mocked the hit, etc. 

Gronk apologised after the game - clearly that meant nothing other than trying to placate the league. Sounds like he would have been happy enough had White come away with a serious injury (not that concussion isn't serious enough).

And to think I was starting to like him on FOX coverage. In truth, a leopard never changes it's spots.

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Not sure if this was posted in any other threads, but in case you needed more reason to dislike Gronk and Edelman 

Lol. Just a bad human being. 

And this actually comes across pretty whiney rather than braggadocios. He's trying to sound cool, but he's still a salty little b word.