Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

I think this all goes along with the Josh Allen being relieved Diggs is gone line of thought. I really think Josh was tired of his antics, his attitude, and his "me first" bull crap. I think he was tired of the questions about and defending a guy who was always causing drama, both in public and behind the scenes. Simms probably dealt with some similar stuff to a certain extent and understands. Florio, on the other hand, is just a bobblehead with a mic and a law degree. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Stephen A. Smith-ization of sports tv shows is why I don’t watch them anymore.  Who sits and watches two guys yelling at each other about things that dont even matter in life?

It's interesting because Florio & Simms are the only talking head duo I regularly watch and they almost never get heated like this. That's why I watch them, they aren't pro wrestlers creating fake drama. When they do argue like this it's because they genuinely disagree. Just my two cents.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Stephen A. Smith-ization of sports tv shows is why I don’t watch them anymore.  Who sits and watches two guys yelling at each other about things that dont even matter in life?

I do like PTI though, because they're both old like me, complain about many of the same things in sports I do, and also like me, Tony goes to bed at 9:30.  Often times though, they're caught up in the NBA/Lakers/Warriors drama, which during those segments, I zone out.  

• Like (+1) 1

The first time Allen has to sit in front of mics, I hope he has his opening Diggs speech rehearsed because 90% of the questions will be about their relationship. 

Honestly, the bills would have kept diggs if they got to or won a Super Bowl. They got him out with the rest of the old guard mainly bc they lost 3x to the chiefs in the playoffs. Couldn’t get it done. An opportunity presented itself and beane made the most of it given what has happened as a team and organization the past couple of years.

I think the drama is a little bit over blown, but it was just enough to be like ***** it, let’s rip this thing down to the studs (aka JA17). 

I think folks are taking the wrong angle on this.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

The reality is nobody but Allen and Diggs know's the reason why this trade went down and we probably never will which is fine with me but the fact that we know Allen knew in some way that Diggs would possibly be dealt and didn't nix the trade whatsoever speaks volumes imo.

Oh, I'm sure there are quite a few more who know why this trade went down. I expect no one to talk about it on the Buffalo side though. I do, however, expect Diggs to do an interview or two here at some point in the near future where he throws out some parting shots in typical Diggs' manner. 

57 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's interesting because Florio & Simms are the only talking head duo I regularly watch and they almost never get heated like this. That's why I watch them, they aren't pro wrestlers creating fake drama. When they do argue like this it's because they genuinely disagree. Just my two cents.

I get the feeling that Simms genuinely dislikes Florio. 

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Mad Dog Russo is straight up hilarious with his screaming 😂

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I only do this for PTI which is the one and only "duo-ing talking heads" show that is needed. Everyone else can gtfo.

edit: Just watched the clip in the OP. That was the most obnoxious 1min13sec I've ever seen out of this duo. The talking over each other while arguing nothing. Are they not in the same room? Seemed like both of them could use a vacation. Awkward at the end.

Looks like Florio and Simms have a worse relationship than Josh and Diggs ever had!

Edited by DrDawkinstein

This makes a nice change from the usual dynamic on this show that I see, which is Florio talking for a few minutes making a point, then Simms opening with "you're absolutely right Mike, you said it perfectly..." then clumsily regurgitating Florio's arguement.  I can barely watch that show due to that constantly happening.

Good to see Simms have an opposing arguement for a change and be passionate about defending it.

• Like (+1) 1

Simms is 100% right.  It's funny that Florio brings up Rogers as some kind of example.  He's an example of a gigantic ass-clown and totally a "me first" guy IMO.  Josh has always been a solid teammate.  By burning his relatonship with Josh, Diggs separated himself somewhat from the rest of the team too.      

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brand J said:

The first time Allen has to sit in front of mics, I hope he has his opening Diggs speech rehearsed because 90% of the questions will be about their relationship. 

"who?"

"next question"

I saw this exchange 2 days ago and thought about posting this myself.. Here's my opinion on it: These analysts get into the "slower" parts of the NFL offseason, and are scraping for news. Something like that trade draws a ton of attention this time of year, with little on the NFL news front before the draft. Analysts capitalize and "sensationalize" this sort of story for views. Editorial monologues and aggressive debate over these little transaction surprises take up all of the air in the media and competition for clicks, ratings, whatever ensue... pure sports media offseason theatre.