Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Bills fans have come to see Josh as this morally infallible steward of the franchise.    

Yet, it's basically common knowledge at this point that Josh's personal life spilled over and lead to a home playoff game meltdown versus Cincinnati.    Wasting a 13-3 season.

He's just a man.   He's going to chase p*ssy, money, fame, success and quality of life in general.........and if playing for Buffalo can't provide enough of ALL of them then he will do what superstars do and go where he thinks he can get enough of all of them. 

The Bills have his heart now but they gotta' be sure not to f*ck it up.   Dudes are always evaluating the other side of the fence at his age.

Yeah, he's a human being and it seems people want to canonize him while still alive.  Wouldn't be the first athlete who was lauded publicly that had a lot of issues going on behind the scenes.  Walter Payton comes to mind.     

It's all still entertainment.  Much more important things going on, but nice to have a QB after all those years of not.  I hope he gets his sh** together and the team puts better players on the field around him.  We'll see.   

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

They're all over the place with this stuff. Yesterday I read that he was most interested in the Giants. 

I have inside sources that say ol' Bellychunx is off to coach the Northside Porkpies Pee Wee league up in Saskatchewan. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

They're all over the place with this stuff. Yesterday I read that he was most interested in the Giants. 

I have inside sources that say ol' Bellychunx is off to coach the Northside Porkpies Pee Wee league up in Saskatchewan. 

I think there is a better chance Belichick becomes coach of the Sabres then he does with the Bills. 

• Haha (+1) 1

There is a possibility Daboll ends up on the outs in NY this year if they don't get the ship headed back in the right direction. I could see Josh putting in his 2 cents to get Daboll here if McDermott loses the team. But that is the only way McDermott gets fired, is if he COMPLETELY loses the team. Belichick is not being brought in here, not even solely as a HC. 

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Pro sports are a business.   

If he turns into a Cam Newton-sized pumpkin in two years then the Bills won't be offering him another 5 year extension, will they?

So it's naive to not realize the real possibility that a star might decide to change teams to benefit his career.  

I'm not a McDermott hater but even I know a significant faction of Bills fans are certain that McDermott is wasting Josh Allen's career.

Don't be surprised if the Bills don't land a top WR in this draft if the national media Bills-talk shifts from Stefon Diggs drama to talking up the idea that Allen should leave Buffalo so he can have a perceived "fair fight" with Mahomes.    

Won't hurt the league's feelings any for Mahomes/Allen to turn into a SB matchup either.

He loves southern CA.   He'd be awesome for the Rams.    

The Niners are his boyhood team.  

McVay and Shanahan have been to 4 SB's and lost 3 because they were out-gunned at QB.    

Neither organization has any long term commitments at QB.   Don't think they haven't pondered the possibility of landing Josh Allen.    And the return for Buffalo would be a joke compared to the loss.

Makes way too much sense and in 2025 Josh Allen reaches that half-way point of his deal and has a $60M cap hit.   $25M of that is a roster bonus.   He has leverage to force his way out.   

By not firing McDermott we pretty much guaranteed Josh is gone after 2025

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

sorry,  i dont trust Bill.  he was a-- as a head coach before Brady,  and hes been a-- since.   i truly wonder just how much of the cheating led to their dynasty.  Bill has always been a good D coordinator but he always seemed to know what the other team was doing.   the things the Pats got busted for doing over the years,  are most likely the tip of the iceberg.  there was so much smoke,  there had to be a fire.   Bill has also proven that he cant develop anything on the offensive side of the ball,  beyond 1 QB,  and thats with having full control as GM for all those years.   i doubt he comes to the Bills with zero GM power.   

btw,  the Pats also started to struggle as Brady got older,  and the Pats were clamped down upon by the NFL for their extracurricular activities.  then Brady leaves and immediately wins another ring.    i dont buy Bill.  i think the rest of the league doesnt buy him either anymore.

He did take a rookie QB to the playoffs. I don't think people understand what Belichek can do with Josh Allen leading the offense. Ntm he definitely would know exactly how to use Kincaid and Knox.

• Haha (+1) 1

It would behoove the Bills to try to bring him in in some capacity, under the right circumstances.  We need all the help we can get to get a SB.

Belichick would be amazing, along with McD, in managing the Defense, where he excels.  Just as long as McD is in control, and the possible differing of opinions doesn't affect things.  If that's possible.

We need to crack the Chiefs code.  

Edited by Blackbeard

3 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

It would behoove the Bills to try to bring him in in some capacity, under the right circumstances.  We need all the help we can get to get a SB.

Belichick would be amazing, along with McD, in managing the Defense, where he excels.  Just as long as McD is in control, and the possible differing of opinions doesn't affect things.  If that's possible.

We need to crack the Chiefs code.  

Belichick wants to catch Shula's record for wins by HC. He won't take a DC position at this point in his career. 

I don't think Belichick has what it takes any more.

I don't think his dour military drill Sargent, "no one gets to have any fun" routine works in the modern NFL, and I especially don't think it would mesh well with a team that's got guys like Dion Dawkins and Josh Allen leading it.

He's also 72 years old. How much longer is he really going to be coaching? 

If they want to move on from McDermott in the next year or two, then so be it, but I don't think Belichick is the guy you bring in.

I echo other posters who say that it's ridiculous (but completely on brand) that THIS is what Nick Wright and crew are talking about the week before the draft. I don't blame them, I guess. Lots of airtime to fill, and tabloid level controversy, shouting over each other, and salacious headlines are what get views and re-Tweets. Such is the way of the sports media world in 2024.

• Like (+1) 1

there goes the "process"

i don't think beane and the hoodie will seamlessly coexist

but make no mistake.....todays hoodie is still a significant upgrade in game day decision making and defensive game planning over McClappity

by the time McClappity stops finding new ways to lose.....josh will be out of the league

• Disagree 1

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If he turns into a Cam Newton-sized pumpkin in two years then the Bills won't be offering him another 5 year extension, will they?

So it's naive to not realize the real possibility that a star might decide to change teams to benefit his career.  

I'm not a McDermott hater but even I know a significant faction of Bills fans are certain that McDermott is wasting Josh Allen's career.

Don't be surprised if the Bills don't land a top WR in this draft if the national media Bills-talk shifts from Stefon Diggs drama to talking up the idea that Allen should leave Buffalo so he can have a perceived "fair fight" with Mahomes.    

Won't hurt the league's feelings any for Mahomes/Allen to turn into a SB matchup either.

McVay and Shanahan have been to 4 SB's and lost 3 because they were out-gunned at QB.    

Neither organization has any long term commitments at QB.   Don't think they haven't pondered the possibility of landing Josh Allen.    And the return for Buffalo would be a joke compared to the loss.

Makes way too much sense and in 2025 Josh Allen reaches that half-way point of his deal and has a $60M cap hit.   $25M of that is a roster bonus.   He has leverage to force his way out.   

I'd be stunned and I mean stunned if it happened after 2024 even if the Bills have something of a down year. But do I live in a fantasy world where Josh Allen with his Hollywood other half, an increasing national profile and a burning desire to win is destined to play for the Bills until he hangs them up? No. I absolutely think that there is a chance a point is reached where a combination of frustration at not getting over the hump, the chance to go somewhere "cool" and the opportunity to get away from Mahomes every darn year is tempting enough for him to find a way to move on. 

That said I continue to believe he'd drive Kyle "just run my damn plays" Shanahan to utter distraction with his play style. Kyle doesn't just have to win. He has to win by showing everyone he is the smartest guy in the room. Not sure how well his huuuuuge ego would deal with Josh Allen running around off script and being superman and therefore getting all the credit. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd be stunned and I mean stunned if it happened after 2024 even if the Bills have something of a down year. But do I live in a fantasy world where Josh Allen with his Hollywood other half, an increasing national profile and a burning desire to win is destined to play for the Bills until he hangs them up? No. I absolutely think that there is a chance a point is reached where a combination of frustration at not getting over the hump, the chance to go somewhere "cool" and the opportunity to get away from Mahomes every darn year is tempting enough for him to find a way to move on. 

That said I continue to believe he'd drive Kyle "just run my damn plays" Shanahan to utter distraction with his play style. Kyle doesn't just have to win. He has to win by showing everyone he is the smartest guy in the room. Not sure how well his huuuuuge ego would deal with Josh Allen running around off script and being superman and therefore getting all the credit. 

I agree with almost all of this, if Allen believes the people upstairs aren’t trying hard enough or aren’t capable of making the correct roster decisions or coaching changes he might decide it’s time to try elsewhere and rightfully so.

Great point point about Shanahan, that dude seems like he’s aiming to go down as greatest offensive mind to ever coach without an elite QB, the Shanahan system seems to have become such a narrative that I’d guess it might actually rub some offensive players the wrong way.

I’d only disagree with the opportunity to get away from Mahomes viewpoint, I don’t believe Allen is wired that way and his compete level is off the charts. I think Allen believes wholeheartedly that he can, should and will beat Mahomes every time they line up.

IMHO.

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If he cares about his legacy he's not going to wait until his mid-30's to try to win one Super Bowl like Matt Stafford did.........he'll get out while he has the runway to get back in the conversation with Mahomes.  

And why not play where you have chosen to make your home?  He values the opinions of guys like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers and I am sure they'd tell him to follow the path of least resistance to his life goals.

Right now,  I'm just most concerned with the Bills finding a way to win without Allen having to carry the ball 10x per game just to make the playoffs.    If that doesn't change I'd say he's off to greener pastures in the next couple years.

Then........if they do show that they are making a concerted effort to maximize his talent and earning potential into his late 30's.........I could even see a tiny portion of ownership being dangled to keep him from being drawn elsewhere.     

1 hour ago, julian said:

I agree with almost all of this, if Allen believes the people upstairs aren’t trying hard enough or aren’t capable of making the correct roster decisions or coaching changes he might decide it’s time to try elsewhere and rightfully so.

Great point point about Shanahan, that dude seems like he’s aiming to go down as greatest offensive mind to ever coach without an elite QB, the Shanahan system seems to have become such a narrative that I’d guess it might actually rub some offensive players the wrong way.

I’d only disagree with the opportunity to get away from Mahomes viewpoint, I don’t believe Allen is wired that way and his compete level is off the charts. I think Allen believes wholeheartedly that he can, should and will beat Mahomes every time they line up.

IMHO.

He wouldn't be avoiding Mahomes.   He'd be aligning to not play him until the biggest game.  

History doesn't care too much about who you had to beat to get to a SB........just whether you were there and if you won.

Losing in the divisional round to Mahomes or Burrow every year is forgettable.   Like a Philip Rivers or even most of Drew Brees career in the playoffs.    Afterthoughts.   Winning against them for once in the playoffs would be nice but he'd still be 1-4 against them.

Winning a SB against them makes you 1-0.  

Allen, Burrow and Mahomes being on the same side of the draw and the QB-loaded AFC facing system QB's Jalen Hurts and Brock Purdy in the grand finale is rather anticlimactic for the league.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If he cares about his legacy he's not going to wait until his mid-30's to try to win one Super Bowl like Matt Stafford did.........he'll get out while he has the runway to get back in the conversation with Mahomes.  

And why not play where you have chosen to make your home?  He values the opinions of guys like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers and I am sure they'd tell him to follow the path of least resistance to his life goals.

Right now,  I'm just most concerned with the Bills finding a way to win without Allen having to carry the ball 10x per game just to make the playoffs.    If that doesn't change I'd say he's off to greener pastures in the next couple years.

Then........if they do show that they are making a concerted effort to maximize his talent and earning potential into his late 30's.........I could even see a tiny portion of ownership being dangled to keep him from being drawn elsewhere.     

I am not sure he is obsessed with his legacy yet to the point where he'd force his way out of anywhere. I think he may well get there. But I repeat I'd be stunned if it happens within a year. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He wouldn't be avoiding Mahomes.   He'd be aligning to not play him until the biggest game.  

History doesn't care too much about who you had to beat to get to a SB........just whether you were there and if you won.

Losing in the divisional round to Mahomes or Burrow every year is forgettable.   Like a Philip Rivers or even most of Drew Brees career in the playoffs.    Afterthoughts.   Winning against them for once in the playoffs would be nice but he'd still be 1-4 against them.

Winning a SB against them makes you 1-0.  

Allen, Burrow and Mahomes being on the same side of the draw and the QB-loaded AFC facing system QB's Jalen Hurts and Brock Purdy in the grand finale is rather anticlimactic for the league.

Yeah I agree with much of this, at this point Allen can’t and won’t catch Mahomes in any all time conversations regardless if he leaves the conference and beats him in a SB, the head start is too great.

Manning faced the same conversations surrounding his playoff defeats against Brady, until he got over the hump and won a title, now that conversation is a mere side note to history.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not sure he is obsessed with his legacy yet to the point where he'd force his way out of anywhere. I think he may well get there. But I repeat I'd be stunned if it happens within a year. 

I think he genuinely loves Buffalo and is going to stay the course.  Only way I see him leaving would be towards the very end of his career like Brady, Manning, Rodgers and Farve.

They named a hospital wing after his grandmother.  

He is getting the publicity, the commercials, the attention now....and has a Hollywood GF while being in Buffalo.

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, julian said:

Yeah I agree with much of this, at this point Allen can’t and won’t catch Mahomes in any all time conversations regardless if he leaves the conference and beats him in a SB, the head start is too great.

Manning faced the same conversations surrounding his playoff defeats against Brady, until he got over the hump and won a title, now that conversation is a mere side note to history.

I think almost everyone agrees that Allen has been left in the dust of Mahomes' history making.

But I really doubt Josh Allen feels that way.

Going 1-0 against Mahomes in the SB would draw him a lot closer in the court of public opinion than some might think.     The excuse would be made that he'd been playing with one hand tied behind his back with McDermott as his coach.    

It feels over,   but it's not.

When Manning finally won his first,  it put him back in the potential best-of-his-generation conversation because he had always been so much better statistically than Brady.   The subsequent 18-0 Patriots regular season really changed the perception of Brady from product of Belichick's system to truly great individual performer.

And then at one time Ben Roethlisberger drew within 3-2 of Tom Brady in SB wins.......and the Steelers future looked so bright that it was all but presumed he'd catch and pass Bradshaw's 4 at least.    The Pats went 10 years between SB wins #3 and #4.    

Edited by BADOLBILZ

I am flipping back and forth between TBD and SabresSpace today and on one board Josh Allen is demanding a trade because he hates Sean McDermott (there is no indication that this is true in any way) and on the other board, the team is getting sold and moved (all because of someone on Twitter who posts under the name 12oz sports). Buffalo sports fans are like a toxic slurry of misery and confirmation bias. If our teams aren't actively in the process of making us miserable, we'll invent stuff to make ourselves miserable. Misery is our natural state. My theory is that it all stems from an inferiority complex that comes from growing up in WNY when the place was not nice at all and Johnny Carson used to make fun of us weekly.  Everybody hates us and we don't deserve nice things. 

3 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I am flipping back and forth between TBD and SabresSpace today and on one board Josh Allen is demanding a trade because he hates Sean McDermott (there is no indication that this is true in any way) and on the other board, the team is getting sold and moved (all because of someone on Twitter who posts under the name 12oz sports). Buffalo sports fans are like a toxic slurry of misery and confirmation bias. If our teams aren't actively in the process of making us miserable, we'll invent stuff to make ourselves miserable. Misery is our natural state. My theory is that it all stems from an inferiority complex that comes from growing up in WNY when the place was not nice at all and Johnny Carson used to make fun of us weekly.  Everybody hates us and we don't deserve nice things. 

Technically the Bills are moving soon. Its only across the street but they are moving :)

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think he genuinely loves Buffalo and is going to stay the course.  Only way I see him leaving would be towards the very end of his career like Brady, Manning, Rodgers and Farve.

They named a hospital wing after his grandmother.  

He is getting the publicity, the commercials, the attention now....and has a Hollywood GF while being in Buffalo.

You feel that way because YOU love the Bills.    It's what we do.   We project the way we feel onto players and coaches that we like or are optimistic about.   It's the same phenomenon we have here when new people are hired.   Everyone presumes that the new people see things the same as they do because the last people clearly did not.   We saw it with McDermott and Beane.   For most,  everything they did was greeted with unquestioned support.   Over time the faith in McDermott in particular has eroded.   Now they think he can't see what they do.   The next guy would.

I think we'd be lying if we said the guy we thought Josh Allen was in 2020 is the same guy we think he is now.    Back then he was seen as having Tom Brady's single-minded desire about improving himself as a football player.   He was a grounded guy with the same girl forever and would settle down and not look back because he was raised that way.   That narrative has gradually changed.   We've re-set our expectations of him professionally and personally.   

10 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I haven't seen anyone on TSW suggest Josh Allen wants a trade because he hates Sean McDermott.    Never seen that once on TSW.

Yes, Buffalo sports fans have been beaten down by never winning a SB or Stanley Cup and a lot of unfortunate turns of event.  

But your gross exaggeration of what's been said.......and your mental health related screen name..........leads me to believe you might be dealing with some mental health issues. 

Star players change teams if they think it furthers their careers.   Very few of them play their entire career in one place.  LeBron left his home town TWICE to chase titles.   He has a hell of a lot more invested in Ohio than JA has in WNY.   

It's a business not a personal attack on fans.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not sure why this is getting heat

It's a very realistic scenario imo

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think almost everyone agrees that Allen has been left in the dust of Mahomes' history making.

But I really doubt Josh Allen feels that way.

Going 1-0 against Mahomes in the SB would draw him a lot closer in the court of public opinion than some might think.     The excuse would be made that he'd been playing with one hand tied behind his back with McDermott as his coach.    

It feels over,   but it's not.

When Manning finally won his first,  it put him back in the potential best-of-his-generation conversation because he had always been so much better statistically than Brady.   The subsequent 18-0 Patriots regular season really changed the perception of Brady from product of Belichick's system to truly great individual performer.

And then at one time Ben Roethlisberger drew within 3-2 of Tom Brady in SB wins.......and the Steelers future looked so bright that it was all but presumed he'd catch and pass Bradshaw's 4 at least.    The Pats went 10 years between SB wins #3 and #4.    

Yeah good points, although I’d push back on Allen gaining any type of meaningful foothold in the Mahomes/Allen debate simply by a SB victory over him, other than Bills fans and those who are truly open to having their minds changed.

If Allen were to add a couple MVPs and continues to set all time TD records like he’s currently doing than I think it’s a real debate if he were to beat Mahomes in a SB, but like other posters have already stated, Allen seems to be motivated by winning and being a great teammate and jumping ship to a perceived better opportunity is less likely for him than maybe others. The connection to the community he’s established is pretty strong.

The point about the Pats going 10 years between SBs is a good one, some people are under the impression KC will go to or win the SB every year, that’s not going to happen and Allen has to take advantage of those seasons.

• Like (+1) 1