Nyheim Hines is suing the person who hit him on a jetski

Draconator

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Most sites I saw say homeowners policy do not cover jet ski rentals over 50 HP.  

There's a small chance this guy had an umbrella policy (you do so if you have a LOT to lose.  There is essentially not chance he had a policy near 5 million

If he had one for a couple mil it would absolutely be in play. We have an umbrella and it’s a smart thing to have if you entertain a lot, have a pool, etc. 

5 hours ago, julian said:

If the person was operating under the influence then yes suing seems appropriate but if they weren’t, that’s an unfortunate accident.

You assume risk with you ur actions everyday and some dude who loses control of a jet ski seems like an accident, in fairness it wasn’t me getting my knees twisted the opposite direction and if so I may feel differently.

Wait. 
Your name is Julian and you’re Canadian?

You wouldn’t happen to have a fish named Orangie, would you?

• Haha (+1) 1

My umbrella covers me for one million, for a whopping $86 a year. It's a no brainer.

Agree.. no way Mr. Jetski has anywhere near $4.5 mil in coverage.

Coverage: the way the agent described it to me "You are covered for anything you are found liable for." That can be anything, anywhere. Jetski, someone slipping on icy sidewalk, slander/libel... the list goes on.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Lmao @ the thought of insurance companies paying any claims tbh 🤣🤣

shady bastards 

There's no chance this poor sap has any such policy that would cover a year of Hines's lost salary.

28 million drivers don't even have car insurance.   44 million rent their home/apartment only 55% have renters insurance.

10% of Americans have umbrella insurance.  20% of those with net worth of greater than 5 million have no umbrella insurance.  25% of those who do have less than 5 million in coverage.  

But maybe this dude is a "2%er" high net worth individual who has an umbrella policy over 5 million.  He might just be that 0.4% of individuals in this country!  Pay up bro!

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

Something is off. First it was Hines was stationary. Now he was traveling less than 10 mph. Now the lawyer is suddenly thinking about suing multiple weeks later. What changed?  

The Bills aren't paying him this year?

• Haha (+1) 1

Does one need insurance to ride on a jet ski? Maybe from the rental place if the other guy was renting it? Otherwise, unless the other guy is a wealthy as him, I don’t see Hines getting much of anything from this guy. But, sure, anyone can sue anyone for any reason they please. 

22 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

He needs to be more careful and not put himself in dangerous situations.

My family owned a jetski when I was growing up and I rode it all summer around Lake Ontario starting at age 12. I continued to ride it like crazy every summer until I was out of high school. I never hit anyone or came close to any accidents. Nor did I ever feel unsafe or did my parents think so. I wouldn't consider it a dangerous activity whatsoever. I don't have statistics, but I would say jet-skiing is probably safer than driving a car. Whoever hit him was really really stupid.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.