Bills sign QB to PS-Shane Buechele

BuffaloBillyG

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Interesting that he chose to leave KC practice squad for Buffalo.

This tells me he must have been told he'll be elevated to the active roster here as JA17 backup once he gets up to speed.

It can also mean he wasn't asked to join their practice squad

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article278799489.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm not a Cubs fan, but that 1992 season is a perfect example of why people considered them cursed.

Future Hall of Famers: peak Greg Maddux, Ryne Sandberg, old (but still could hit) Andre Dawson.

Other really talented (Dunston) or really productive (Grace) players.

How many teams with 3 future Hall of Famers on the roster for 4 or 5 years (and in their peaks or still productive) have underperformed so badly?

Well, my Padres have Machado, Soto, Tatis, Bogaerts, Blake Snell, Darvish, Musgrove, Hader, etc. and are sitting at 62-72. 0-11 in extra inning games. Think they were predicted to win 92-95 games.  It's been brutal. 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Well, my Padres have Machado, Soto, Tatis, Bogaerts, Blake Snell, Darvish, Musgrove, Hader, etc. and are sitting at 62-72. 0-11 in extra inning games. Think they were predicted to win 92-95 games.  It's been brutal. 

Yeah, the moneyballer in me wants to say "bad situational luck" since their runs scored vs. runs against suggests that they should at least be in the wild card hunt. But my gut tells me "this just ain't working"

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Thought it might be Fromm but getting a guy that was coached by Reid works for me.

Remember tho, Fromm has less than 4 years in the league so he went through Waivers. We would have had to claim him off waivers, and doing so carries and active roster requirement. We're trying to find a QB for the PS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yeah, the moneyballer in me wants to say "bad situational luck" since their runs scored vs. runs against suggests that they should at least be in the wild card hunt. But my gut tells me "this just ain't working"

Their "clutch" numbers are trash. Hitting sub-.200 with RISP and 6-22 in one run games.  They've had some tough luck, but they've also been truly horrible situationally.  I've completely soured on Bob Melvin. Worst part about it is that they've got so many of these guys locked in for the next 7-10 years.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.