3rd Preseason Postgame Reaction Thread - Bills vs Bears -Are the Bills the best team in the league??

LeGOATski

46 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Just had a look at the Bears forum to see if there was anything interesting. Page 2 of their gameday thread:

Is Edmonds already hurt? Haven’t seen him since he got his pants juked off by the RB on what should’ve been a loss.

I still cannot believe they gave him that contract. The Bills may have a big problem at MLB this season but giving Edmunds that kind of money would have been an even bigger mistake.

• Agree 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I still cannot believe they gave him that contract. The Bills may have a big problem at MLB this season but giving Edmunds that kind of money would have been an even bigger mistake.

Nah, we just gave it to Oliver. 😭

Sorry, it was an easy shot.  

The RT and MLB has been talked to death so we’ll find out soon what McD’s going to do.

47 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man the Bills don’t play a game now for half a month plenty of time to convince Kyle that a broadcasting career calling high school football could be the start of something big. 

Good God, this place is going to be intolerable.  We're picking #1 overall.  I...I can just feel it...

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The Bills are really really good but they have a few question marks like everyone else.

Definitely encouraged by a few things but let’s face it Kyle Allen would be hosting a weekend show on Sirius XM college sports if he wasn’t Josh’s golf caddy.

That and MLB depth are really the only things I’m worried about.

Kyle Allen is not a question mark. He's abysmal. 

11 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Man did Isabella go out with a wimper in crunch time, maybe quiet enough for the PS.  

Not enough to even sneak on the PS.  He's done

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

Just had a look at the Bears forum to see if there was anything interesting. Page 2 of their gameday thread:

Is Edmonds already hurt? Haven’t seen him since he got his pants juked off by the RB on what should’ve been a loss.

I did even know he played today...  lol

27 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Surprised Coach McDermott passed on play calling today.

One more pre-season game was a good opportunity to find that balance between Head Coach and D-Coordinator.

🤷‍♂️.

28 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Surprised Coach McDermott passed on play calling today.

One more pre-season game was a good opportunity to find that balance between Head Coach and D-Coordinator.

🤷‍♂️.

I think he’s got that down. Way too much being made of this. Certainly not the first head coach to call plays!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillzFreak said:

Better call up Beane and let him know, I'm sure if you let him know it's newcam20212 he will take the call right away.

No need for me to call him. He knows he has a huge weakness at MLB. 

He's on the phone right now trying to upgrade the position. He just told me he's inquiring to see if Cornelius Bennett is available on the cheap due to cap space. 

57 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Slow your roll their Cochise.  Just like the sky wasn’t falling last week, this week, we’re not a lock for the SB.  It’s a long year, and yes, they looked sharp today.

Ive been cautiously optimistic about this 2023 team stronger than 2022, but again we haven’t played a snap.

Although it's a long season, the Jets opener should give us a nice measuring stick. 

• Agree 1

They absolutely saw how hyped Pittsburgh was and figured out that’s what we’re going to see every dam week.  

We better match and exceed that energy. 

Loved all the guys running out to greet Evans after the TD.  

Motivation, intensity, and hunger.  We need that every game bc we’re the hunted now.  They think we’re finished and our window is closed. 

One thing we have over all the latest ESPN darlings of the offseason is this team has been thru it ALL and came up together.  

Not a bunch of mercenaries looking to get tax free pay checks and beach time.  Or a pampered QB that demanded every Green Bay buddy followed him.   

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No need for me to call him. He knows he has a huge weakness at MLB. 

He's on the phone right now trying to upgrade the position. He just told me he's inquiring to see if Cornelius Bennett is available on the cheap due to cap space. 

Although it's a long season, the Jets opener should give us a nice measuring stick. 

I’ll get behind that comment.  I’m leaning towards the Bills, not because I’m a homer, but I’m guessing the Jets offense won’t be humming right away, and our defense and offense comes together in this game.  The Jets will make every point count.  I see a low scoring game where we win 20-17.

I wouldn’t be talking down the Bills after that game as the Jets have a punishing defense.  Later in the year, even though it will be in OP, I can see an even tougher game at home.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.