3rd Preseason Postgame Reaction Thread - Bills vs Bears -Are the Bills the best team in the league??

LeGOATski

7 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Josh and the offense played lights out.

The defense was aggressive and made stops.

McDermott can obviously handle the dual roles. 

This team is definitely going to the Super Bowl.

Wow, what a time to be alive!

Yes. The Bills are for sure a top 3 team this year. Josh Allen is out there just relaxed & laughing, throwing dimes. He played great last week as well if not for some huge plays being called back. Torrence came and took the job immediately and has been lights out. Kincaid is showing why he was a top talent in the draft. This team is loaded on the D-line w/ high picks coming into their 3rd & 4th years. The depth for the entire secondary is great. Running backs are loaded. If the offensive line can get into even the top half this year then Buffalo is going to be a very dangerous team. I mentioned Torrence before, but man I am super excited for this guy even more so than Dalton Kincaid. I am thrilled with what Beane has done this off-season. Oh yeah…Von Miller & Tre White fully healthy come playoff time  🤤

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Yes 

Scheme is by and large a product of personnel

McKenzie/Davis/Knox do not a productive underneath passing attack make

Was going to say something similar. 

I think some of last year was Allen losing confidence in the wr's underneath. I believe (really want to) that with an improvement in the OL, addition of Kincaid as well as better use of Knox, the short game will be drastically improved. Then add in an improvement in the running game, intermediate routes should improve as well.😁

40 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Was going to say something similar. 

I think some of last year was Allen losing confidence in the wr's underneath. I believe (really want to) that with an improvement in the OL, addition of Kincaid as well as better use of Knox, the short game will be drastically improved. Then add in an improvement in the running game, intermediate routes should improve as well.😁

Good post.  I think it was obvious to anyone watching the Bills’ offense at the end of last season that we only threw intermediate and deep.  There was no short game whatsoever.  Most blamed Dorsey, some blamed Josh…but they were only doing what they thought they needed to do because there were no answers in the short game, even when Beasley came back.

Yesterday Josh threw two quick slants that got out of his hand in just over a second after the snap…we never saw that last season.

I also loved how Kincaid drew two penalties in the short time he was in the game.

8 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Lots of folks get exasperated when Dorsey seems to continually dial up the long ball. Now it's quite possible that Allen's elbow contributed to that proclivity. This season should clarify if that was a significant factor, or if always giving a priority to the deep shot is indeed a "feature" and not a "bug." For certain, if you start with the premise that you have to reject the deep shot before "settling" for something else, the quick hitter will never effectively be incorporated into your offense. I suspect that Kincaid will emerge as a consistent threat from the slot which should of itself diversify the approach.

Totally agree. But on the same train of thought you can’t continuously go long as that becomes easily defended. In the beginning of the season, the quick pass definitely set up the occasional long strike, that all but disappeared after the elbow injury. We still don’t appear to have an oline that can consistently provide the time needed  for long developing plays. It will be interesting to see how the season plays out.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, eball said:

Good post.  I think it was obvious to anyone watching the Bills’ offense at the end of last season that we only threw intermediate and deep.  There was no short game whatsoever.  Most blamed Dorsey, some blamed Josh…but they were only doing what they thought they needed to do because there were no answers in the short game, even when Beasley came back.

Yesterday Josh threw two quick slants that got out of his hand in just over a second after the snap…we never saw that last season.

I also loved how Kincaid drew two penalties in the short time he was in the game.

Thanks. Looked like they were going for the quick game to start (Rams), but after that,  nada. My guess is Donald. Dorsey probanly told Josh. if you want to live to see the end of the game, get RID of the ball !!! 🤣. Have a feeling we'll see the same against the Jets to start the season. Hopefully more than just 1 game this season.

When Beasley came back, I think we were already past the point of return. He wasn't the same and I think Josh's elbow did have an impact on those quick/short throws. 

Love the Kincaid pick. Early on I thought 30-45 catches  and 4-500 yards. Although I may be a little impartial (my sons name is Dalton) I now think he could double that (given the chance).🙏

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Thanks. Looked like they were going for the quick game to start (Rams), but after that,  nada. My guess is Donald. Dorsey probanly told Josh. if you want to live to see the end of the game, get RID of the ball !!! 🤣. Have a feeling we'll see the same against the Jets to start the season. Hopefully more than just 1 game this season.

When Beasley came back, I think we were already past the point of return. He wasn't the same and I think Josh's elbow did have an impact on those quick/short throws. 

Love the Kincaid pick. Early on I thought 30-45 catches  and 4-500 yards. Although I may be a little impartial (my sons name is Dalton) I now think he could double that (given the chance).🙏

You named your son after a small tight end who has yet to play a down in the NFL.

That's risky.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/26/2023 at 1:49 PM, yall said:

The starters seemed good for the most part. I thought Dodson looked OK, at least enough to the point that I'm not looking at MLB as a glaring weakness. We're at least average there.

Was nice to see the dumb penalties drastically reduced.

Cook having more of a role and the addition of Harris should amount to a nice upgrade in the run dept. too.

Hopefully today will have Western New York in less of a panic than last week.

No. He is not average.  it’s a weakness 💯 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.