Pats game halted due to injury

Herc11

4 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

I don't see anything on NFL.com. buddy of mine sent me the link on Twitter. Pats DB went down without any movement. Scary situation, I can't find anymore info on it.

It was Bolden, a good looking rookie CB who collided with a teammate to try and make a play. He didn’t give any movement and looked bad.. game was chippy but after that they are all hugging and talking. 

Edited by PatsFanNH

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:

I don't see anything on NFL.com. buddy of mine sent me the link on Twitter. Pats DB went down without any movement. Scary situation, I can't find anymore info on it.

I have a bad feeling that this is going to be a reoccurring situation in the NFL after the Hamlin injury??

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, HappyCat said:

I have a bad feeling that this is going to be a reoccurring situation in the NFL after the Hamlin injury??

Is that a question?

The nature of Hamlin's injury was the first time it's happened in a NFL game, if I recall correctly.

This looks like a pretty typical head/neck injury, which happen every year. If it was a regular season game, I think they would've kept playing.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Is that a question?

The nature of Hamlin's injury was the first time it's happened in a NFL game, if I recall correctly.

This looks like a pretty typical head/neck injury, which happen every year. If it was a regular season game, I think they would've kept playing.

Yeah this was more like the Dane Jackson injury in the Titans game last year than the Hamlin one.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah this was more like the Dane Jackson injury in the Titans game last year than the Hamlin one.

Yep, I forgot about that one.

49 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

This has to have some psychological impact on players

Feel free to expand.

Of course it does. It always has.

13 hours ago, HappyCat said:

Dane Jackson was clinically dead on the field. Not sure that has happened before in an NFL game, so I don’t see stoppages like that one becoming the norm.

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Dane Jackson was clinically dead on the field. Not sure that has happened before in an NFL game, so I don’t see stoppages like that one becoming the norm.

Dude, Damar Hamlin not Dane Jackson, try a tiny bit harder…, 

20 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Huh? Its been a recurring issue for decades. Mike Utley was paralyzed in a game. Kevin Everett was almost paralyzed on the field 

Its sadly part of the game.

This particular player was released from the hospital the next morning with no lingering injury.  Has drama taken over the NFL?

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Slip of Pitt alums, you both knew who I meant.

Okay, all is forgiven 😁

13 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I wonder if games will get called due to these types of injuries moving forward.    In the past what happened in the pats game would not have stopped the game even in preseason.   I am not complaining just saying this might be a shift we see more of.  

Until the league starts losing money for doing so that may happen. Once they start losing money they’ll bring the body bag out and drag the player off and play will resume.

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

Until the league starts losing money for doing so that may happen. Once they start losing money they’ll bring the body bag out and drag the player off and play will resume.

how would stopping  a game once a season or so cause them to lose money?  The ads are paid for, the TV contracts set.  The tickets paid for...

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

how would stopping  a game once a season or so cause them to lose money?  The ads are paid for, the TV contracts set.  The tickets paid for...

To play the devil's advocate here...

If you take Hamlin's injury for example. Glad he is ok and of course health is most important, but from a competitive standpoint it:

-Gifted KC the bye and an easy road to SB. They got the frickin jags.

-Took away buf and Cincy chance at 1 seed (even though buffalo was in the 1 seed at the time and Cincy could gain it from winning as BOTH teams had already beaten KC in KC )

Realistically it had a MAJOR impact on competitive parity in the NFL and makes it *feel* rigged, especially to Cincy fans, even after Zac Taylor was so gracious in not forcing a forfeit. Realistically, the Bills should have taken a forfeit. What happened was not a good precedent for the NFL going forward.

It's not about TV ads and contracts for today. It's about ruining the brand for the future. It's like a drug dealer pinching bags... You make more money today but chop yourself off at the knees for long term growth and earnings.

23 minutes ago, Beast said:

There are future seasons last I checked.

And?  No one will care about this in future seasons as well.

19 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

To play the devil's advocate here...

If you take Hamlin's injury for example. Glad he is ok and of course health is most important, but from a competitive standpoint it:

-Gifted KC the bye and an easy road to SB. They got the frickin jags.

-Took away buf and Cincy chance at 1 seed (even though buffalo was in the 1 seed at the time and Cincy could gain it from winning as BOTH teams had already beaten KC in KC )

Realistically it had a MAJOR impact on competitive parity in the NFL and makes it *feel* rigged, especially to Cincy fans, even after Zac Taylor was so gracious in not forcing a forfeit. Realistically, the Bills should have taken a forfeit. What happened was not a good precedent for the NFL going forward.

It's not about TV ads and contracts for today. It's about ruining the brand for the future. It's like a drug dealer pinching bags... You make more money today but chop yourself off at the knees for long term growth and earnings.

Cincy got the emotional exhausted Bills.  The Jags would have been a  harder W, so that ended up working out well for Cincy in that regard.  They couldn't beat KC in KC when it counted though.

Other than some Cincy fans, no one cares.  The NFL knows this. It was a feel good story the League hyped right up until this past Saturday.  Absolutely no on e can really believe that because the Bills did not get the forfeit that the game is rigged.  That's just a really weak argument.

None of this would ever have any impact on viewership---which is all that matter to the NFL. 

• Eyeroll 1

43 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

And?  No one will care about this in future seasons as well.

Cincy got the emotional exhausted Bills.  The Jags would have been a  harder W, so that ended up working out well for Cincy in that regard.  They couldn't beat KC in KC when it counted though.

Other than some Cincy fans, no one cares.  The NFL knows this. It was a feel good story the League hyped right up until this past Saturday.  Absolutely no on e can really believe that because the Bills did not get the forfeit that the game is rigged.  That's just a really weak argument.

None of this would ever have any impact on viewership---which is all that matter to the NFL. 

You can call it weak but it's a real argument.

What if that theoretical KC Cincy game (when bills would have forfeited) was in Cincy? Could well have been, and probably should have. Maybe they win that game. But NFL gave no chance for Cincy.

You can say "outside of some Cincy fans", but that's still a large number of fans. Keep doing this over and over (my argument) and you alienate more and more fans from differing teams.

I'm not saying that one incident = rigged, but it's another brick in the wall for the rigged crowd.

This stuff keeps happening, it will definitely alter viewership. That's the point. Your argument is there is no immediate fallout so it doesn't exist, even in the future. That's short-sighted and intentionally obtuse.

I'm not wrong just because you say I am🤣

37 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

You can call it weak but it's a real argument.

What if that theoretical KC Cincy game (when bills would have forfeited) was in Cincy? Could well have been, and probably should have. Maybe they win that game. But NFL gave no chance for Cincy.

You can say "outside of some Cincy fans", but that's still a large number of fans. Keep doing this over and over (my argument) and you alienate more and more fans from differing teams.

I'm not saying that one incident = rigged, but it's another brick in the wall for the rigged crowd.

This stuff keeps happening, it will definitely alter viewership. That's the point. Your argument is there is no immediate fallout so it doesn't exist, even in the future. That's short-sighted and intentionally obtuse.

I'm not wrong just because you say I am🤣

The point was made that "both teams (Bills and KC) beat KC in KC".  Every SB winner who wasn't a #1 seed had to win on the road in the playoffs. They destroyed Buffalo in Buffalo....

Cincy had the same chance to beat KC in KC as they did the first time.

Keep calling games after a guy gets CPR on the field "over and over"?  Yeah, that's a bad argument.  That was a first in the NFL, now it can happen over and over? 

That's really not convincing...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.