Preseason Week 2 - Bills Vs. Steelers, what do you hope to see?

Chaos

In truth, I'd love to see Dorian Williams and Milano on the field at the same time at LB.  Outside of calling defensive plays, Williams looked solid when he played versus the Colts.  Since we only play 2 LBs...technically there really isn't a MLB.  So...I think Williams and Milano reflect the two most athletic LBs.  If possible, have Poyer or Hyde call the defensive plays.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is the week where the starters will play the most. Want to see them play well as we get closer to 9/11. Continued improved play by the OL and DL. Of course, no injuries in these meaningless games.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 7

As much as I'd love to see #17 in action, I would have zero problem with him sitting the entire preseason.

Would love to see Torrence get a lion's share of snaps

Would love to see more of Isabella as a WR and a KR/PR

Would love to see Dorian Williams get some time with the 1st and 2nd units

Woud love to see Kyle Allen not look like Trent Edwards.

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

In truth, I'd love to see Dorian Williams and Milano on the field at the same time at LB.  Outside of calling defensive plays, Williams looked solid when he played versus the Colts.  Since we only play 2 LBs...technically there really isn't a MLB.  So...I think Williams and Milano reflect the two most athletic LBs.  If possible, have Poyer or Hyde call the defensive plays.

Not the way it works.  I think this season he backs up Milano and has to play special teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Preseason Week 2 - Bills Vs. Steelers, what do you hope to see? 

Kyle Allen suck less

O'Cyrus really locking down the RG spot

Damien Harris in some capacity (if he's healthy)

More Shakir, that guy confuses me. Makes some INSANE catches and then stone hands a well placed ball right between the numbers...

More action for the backend roster WRs and RBs

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

RB: Evans, Mims

WR: all of them? 😂

TE: Kincaid

OL: Gouraige, Torrence & Edwards (these could be solid guys as fill-ins)

DL:  a line of Basham/Cline/Poona/Lawson or Rey

LB: Williams & Bernard with the majority of snaps

DB: Zayne Anderson, Austin, Ingram & Rapp

Would like to see Harty in the return game instead of Isabella this game. 

Edited by BBFL
Harty not Harry…

21 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

Not the way it works.  I think this season he backs up Milano and has to play special teams. 

I know they are not considering Dorian Williams at MLB.   With the injury to Bernard though, I am very concerned about Dotson in coverage.  It was just wishful thinking, especially since Williams played MLB at Tulane.

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

I know they are not considering Dorian Williams at MLB.   With the injury to Bernard though, I am very concerned about Dotson in coverage.  It was just wishful thinking, especially since Williams played MLB at Tulane.

He isn’t listed anywhere on the teams depth chart…

Think you have to give him playing time there given his collegiate history and the need the team has. 

1.  No injuries

2. Some separation in the key positional battles:  MLB, CB2, Guard, WR3-6 (or 7)(which probably includes KR/PR), Swing Tackle, DE, DT

I realize that the list in #2 doesn't leave too many positions out...

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I’m with you on this. If there’s only 2 LBs in the field is there really a “Middle LB”? I mean he’s in terms of the time that’s played. But I believe you are correct. They are possibly the best 2 LB on the team physically. Time will tell I guess. But why can’t we just give one of the safeties the dot and let both of these guys be LB. No distinction between either of them. Just get out there and do whatever needs to be done on any given play. It creates a mismatch imo really. Could have 2 guys that could be interchangeable between either spot. Make the offense figure out who’s doing what. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'll be looking for 5 major things:

1) I want Torrence getting all the reps with the 1s. I don't need a faux competition where Bates gets reps because it's "his turn." We already know who Bates is as a player. Give Torrence a chance to prove he can capably start for this offense. If he fails the test no big deal, go back to Bates.

2) I'll be keeping an eye on Van Demark and Gouraige with the 2s/3s. I liked what I saw out of both of them against the Colts. Let's see if it's for real.

3) On Dorian Williams, I'll be watching how he does shedding blocks and filling run gaps. He struggled with that against the Colts. Until he can capably perform those tasks, he is not a realistic option at MLB. A little progression in those areas from last week is all I'd like to see.

4) My hunch is Isabella's performance against the Colts is fool's gold but I'd like to see him be rewarded with more playing time at least. He impressed me more than Shakir. I would even give him a couple reps with the 1s, let it be known that the competition for starting slot receiver is still wide open given Shakir's inconsistency there.

5) Epenesa - show up on the stat sheet this time.

Basham - prove that he can build on last week's strong performance.

Ford - we've heard nothing about him at camp and he was behind Settle on the depth chart, it's time for him to show the kind of impact we paid him for. We can't afford another free agent dud on the defensive line.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.