Preseason Week 2 - Bills Vs. Steelers, what do you hope to see?

Chaos

- It would be pretty awesome to see Khalil Shakir go out and just dominate. Win on routes, catch the ball, no drops, convert a 3rd down or two, maybe catch a TD. I think the coaches were hoping he'd step up and seize the WR3 role, and he certainly has not done so to this point, allowing Harty and Sherfield to catch up to and maybe surpass him. A couple big preseason outings could change the narrative. 

- I'll echo others in saying that I hope the 2nd and 3rd string OTs have good games. With Shell retiring and Spencer Brown having another up and down Summer, it sure would be nice to feel a bit better about our tackle depth going into the season.

- Kaiir Elam: It's your time, buddy. You were a first round pick. You have all the physical talent in the world. You supposedly have an elite work ethic and burning desire to be great. Your moment has arrived. Go beat out the 7th rounder and the 6th rounder and stake your claim to the CB2 role once and for all.

- Justin Shorter vs Tyrell Shavers in the annual battle to see who will be the "height/weight/speed specimen WR who is only really useful on special teams and can't play WR very well, but gets the fans hyped anyway because he's 6'4" and fast, so everyone is perpetually convinced a breakout 1,000 yard season is coming", aka the Marcus Easley Award.

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

what makes you skeptical about Kincaid?

Raw rookie TE with only a few years experience playing the position coming off a back injury.

I have doubts about his ability to process the game at NFL speed, as well as his durability.

• Vomit 1

33 minutes ago, wppete said:

Want to see another strong day from O’Cyrus Torrence again. 

This ^^^

Keeping fingers crossed Beane finally exorcised ghost of draft past (i.e. Teller, passing on Humphrey)

Make no mistake about it this dude is built like a BEAST and plays like one....

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Raw rookie TE with only a few years experience playing the position coming off a back injury.

I have doubts about his ability to process the game at NFL speed, as well as his durability.

According to every thing that has been said about him, being “raw” has never been an adjective used to describe him at any time, 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

You wrote "he is the most experienced linebacker we have....".  The point is he is NOT the most experienced linebacker at playing MLB.  He has no experience playing at MLB.  Maybe he would adjust, maybe he wouldn't, but in the meantime you are substituting a learning curve at 1 position for a learning curve at 2 positions.

I meant in terms of play calling. He knows this defense better than anyone else on this roster... he knows the terminology and it would make sense from a playcaller perspective to have the guy that knows the defense the most make the play calls.

8 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

I am a firm believer of putting best 2 players out there. And after seeing Dorian play he is probably our second best linebacker. He was all over the field. I know he is a rookie and you have to learn way more as a MIKE compared to the WILL. Im just surprised we didnt move Milano over to MLB and start Dorian at WLB. Milano is by far most experienced linebacker we have and i would feel most comfortable with him having play calling duties. 

If it were to happen they would have had to do it way before now but i think thats the route they should have taken.

6 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Obviously he would have to adjust. But he is a ball player. Balls players knows how to succeed with whatever a team asks of them. Milano being in the system for as long as he has been would definitely help. Honestly there is not much difference between Mike and Will in our system with only have 2 linebackers on field.... i think he could definitely make the transition in a single offseason

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

You wrote "he is the most experienced linebacker we have....".  The point is he is NOT the most experienced linebacker at playing MLB.  He has no experience playing at MLB.  Maybe he would adjust, maybe he wouldn't, but in the meantime you are substituting a learning curve at 1 position for a learning curve at 2 positions.

Not to mention, you don't take an All Pro at one position, one of the top 2 or 3 True OLB's in the entire NFL and have him switch positions because there's better depth at his true position. 

That's absolute madness.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.