Preseason Week 2 - Bills Vs. Steelers, what do you hope to see?

Chaos

On 8/14/2023 at 3:43 PM, jkeerie said:

In truth, I'd love to see Dorian Williams and Milano on the field at the same time at LB.  Outside of calling defensive plays, Williams looked solid when he played versus the Colts.  Since we only play 2 LBs...technically there really isn't a MLB.  So...I think Williams and Milano reflect the two most athletic LBs.  If possible, have Poyer or Hyde call the defensive plays.

On 8/14/2023 at 3:53 PM, Herb Nightly said:

Not the way it works.  I think this season he backs up Milano and has to play special teams. 

Exactly what Herb Nightly said. They aren't going to have him play exclusively at OLB for all of Training Camp of his Rookie Season and then just before the season starts, switch him to MLB.

Not to mention, he's pretty much the only other OLB on the team besides Milano. He'll be needed when Milano needs to sub out and/or if he gets hurt.

On 8/14/2023 at 4:08 PM, BBFL said:

RB: Evans, Mims

WR: all of them? 😂

TE: Kincaid

OL: Gouraige, Torrence & Edwards (these could be solid guys as fill-ins)

DL:  a line of Basham/Cline/Poona/Lawson or Rey

LB: Williams & Bernard with the majority of snaps

DB: Zayne Anderson, Austin, Ingram & Rapp

Would like to see Harty in the return game instead of Isabella this game. 

This game will ,as is the "tradition",  most likely feature starters.  Most of the guys you mentioned won't get as many reps as you hope. 

3 hours ago, Herb Nightly said:

This game will ,as is the "tradition",  most likely feature starters.  Most of the guys you mentioned won't get as many reps as you hope. 

Starters will only play a few series or quarter IMO. With one complete cut down day for rosters I think “traditions” are out the window. Really, you need as much tape on unknowns as possible. At least that would be a logical analysis and one I think they adhere to. 

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Exactly what Herb Nightly said. They aren't going to have him play exclusively at OLB for all of Training Camp of his Rookie Season and then just before the season starts, switch him to MLB.

Not to mention, he's pretty much the only other OLB on the team besides Milano. He'll be needed when Milano needs to sub out and/or if he gets hurt.

I am a firm believer of putting best 2 players out there. And after seeing Dorian play he is probably our second best linebacker. He was all over the field. I know he is a rookie and you have to learn way more as a MIKE compared to the WILL. Im just surprised we didnt move Milano over to MLB and start Dorian at WLB. Milano is by far most experienced linebacker we have and i would feel most comfortable with him having play calling duties. 

If it were to happen they would have had to do it way before now but i think thats the route they should have taken.

5 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I am a firm believer of putting best 2 players out there. And after seeing Dorian play he is probably our second best linebacker. He was all over the field. I know he is a rookie and you have to learn way more as a MIKE compared to the WILL. Im just surprised we didnt move Milano over to MLB and start Dorian at WLB. Milano is by far most experienced linebacker we have and i would feel most comfortable with him having play calling duties. 

If it were to happen they would have had to do it way before now but i think thats the route they should have taken.

We have a long-standing tradition at TBD of having people observe a player's success at one position, and deciding they would be just as successful at a very different position.

Milano is a top linebacker - as an off-ball linebacker.  He has zero, zip, nada, no experience at MLB.  He would have a learning curve there.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

We have a long-standing tradition at TBD of having people observe a player's success at one position, and deciding they would be just as successful at a very different position.

Milano is a top linebacker - as an off-ball linebacker.  He has zero, zip, nada, no experience at MLB.  He would have a learning curve there.

Obviously he would have to adjust. But he is a ball player. Balls players knows how to succeed with whatever a team asks of them. Milano being in the system for as long as he has been would definitely help. Honestly there is not much difference between Mike and Will in our system with only have 2 linebackers on field.... i think he could definitely make the transition in a single offseason

7 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Obviously he would have to adjust. But he is a ball player. Balls players knows how to succeed with whatever a team asks of them. Milano being in the system for as long as he has been would definitely help. Honestly there is not much difference between Mike and Will in our system with only have 2 linebackers on field.... i think he could definitely make the transition in a single offseason

You wrote "he is the most experienced linebacker we have....".  The point is he is NOT the most experienced linebacker at playing MLB.  He has no experience playing at MLB.  Maybe he would adjust, maybe he wouldn't, but in the meantime you are substituting a learning curve at 1 position for a learning curve at 2 positions.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Kincaid flashing a bit in the pass game. 

Why?  I do not need to see that until game 1.  If he plays at all, and this goes for Allen, Cook,  and Diggs and Davis as well, I hope it is only for a series.  I certainly do not want to see any formations and plays they might want to run against the Jets.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.