Thoughts on Anthony Richardson?

Lost

22 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think there are more options than just the two.

He's basically an athletic freak that they're going to try to mold into an NFL QB.

Most of these projects don't work out and I honestly think that Josh Allen has helped these types of QB's because of his success.

The biggest mistake the pundits make these days is using Josh Allen as an example of why guys like Richardson (and Trey Lance, etc.) could/should be great.  What they fail to comprehend is that Josh Allen is not just about the physical tools…his mind is also All-Pro.

I have no idea what Richardson is capable of, but saying “look at what Josh Allen did” as your rationale for optimism is like searching for fool’s gold.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

23 hours ago, Lost said:

I don't watch much college ball so I really knew anything about this guy until I saw Chris Brown and Tasker talking about him on One Bills Live.  Guy is built like a linebacker and appears to have an arm like Allen.   Anyone here watched him in college that can provide some insight on what kind of player he is since we'll be seeing a lot of him on Saturday?  Is he future all pro or bust?

Lost, there are a lot of comparisons to Allen with Richardson as they are of the same dimensions and raw talent.  I saw a lot of him as the Gators are always on in Tampa during the college season.

It’s a leap though.  What makes Allen, Super Allen is his drive to be the best.  His relentless off season training by Palmer etc.  Allen grew more that I’ve ever seen anyone grow as a QB and I’m 55.

Richardson can grow, but it will take that type of drive and passion for the game.  We’ll all look back on Allen as a freak of nature someday.  I’ll probably never see a WB like him again.  Even Mahomes came out more polished as a rookie.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'm intrigued by his freak athleticism.

However, I think the odds of him being good are stacked against him.

People compare him to Allen because of what the two have in common: (a) alien-like physical attributes, (2) high character and (d) poor passing statistics in college.

However, Richardson had much better opportunities to succeed in college than Allen did. Played for an SEC program with SEC coaches and SEC talent surrounding him.

Allen never had that luxury.

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I'm intrigued by his freak athleticism.

However, I think the odds of him being good are stacked against him.

People compare him to Allen because of what the two have in common: (a) alien-like physical attributes, (2) high character and (d) poor passing statistics in college.

However, Richardson had much better opportunities to succeed in college than Allen did. Played for an SEC program with SEC coaches and SEC talent surrounding him.

Allen never had that luxury.

Yeah, I’d like to find time to do random research on that. How many mediocre college QB’s from elite conferences went on to become great NFL QB’s? I can’t think of any off the top of my head, but there are plenty of mid major program guys who fit the bill. 

17 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, I’d like to find time to do random research on that. How many mediocre college QB’s from elite conferences went on to become great NFL QB’s? I can’t think of any off the top of my head, but there are plenty of mid major program guys who fit the bill. 

Tom Brady - mediocre career at Michigan is debatable 

drew Bree’s I thought was prolific at Purdue 

warren moon at Washington ?

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, bouds said:

Had one really nice throw to Pierce. Other than that there wasn’t much. But that one throw was really good. Let’s see, he’s going to be up and down.  

I just don’t think he’s going to get much help from the skills positions and a rookie HC (albeit a QB friendly one)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.