HOF Preseason Game: Jets @ Browns

T&C

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Didn't Henderson have health issues? Sickle cell? Using a 4th rd pick on a OT that didn't allow many sacks on one of the top collegiate teams would've been worth the gamble IMO

Yes he did have health issues ... Crohn's disease iirc 

And yes it's certainly worth a gamble ... But I do believe it's a gamble 

There is a such thing as too big and he might be it... Most coaches put their best speed rusher over the right tackle now

And I could see Leonard Floyd and Von really abusing the kid... People say Spencer brown has slow feet... His feet make Jones feet look like they are in quicksand 

He definitely will be able to anchor against bull rushers but I jus wouldnt bullbrush him... Run the arc all day and see if he can hang 

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This guy sucks

You do realize it's HoFr DeMarcus Ware right?

Not a pro singer 

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Those are my only two options?

There wasn't a high school kid in Canton who could have sung that? Or a choir from a local HS or church?

It was HoF inductee DeMarcus Ware

54 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Didn't Henderson have health issues? Sickle cell? Using a 4th rd pick on a OT that didn't allow many sacks on one of the top collegiate teams would've been worth the gamble IMO. Kinda like the Terrell Bernard gamble 😎

What 4th round pick did you want the Bills to use on this gamble? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Except for the one throw. Zach didn't look good tonight. No TD drives against scrubs. If Rodgers gets hurt, they are ****ed. He only gives them 2 years. They still have a long-term problem at QB. Even though its preseason, at least the Jets lost which is always nice to see.

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yes he did have health issues ... Crohn's disease iirc 

And yes it's certainly worth a gamble ... But I do believe it's a gamble 

There is a such thing as too big and he might be it... Most coaches put their best speed rusher over the right tackle now

And I could see Leonard Floyd and Von really abusing the kid... People say Spencer brown has slow feet... His feet make Jones feet look like they are in quicksand 

He definitely will be able to anchor against bull rushers but I jus wouldnt bullbrush him... Run the arc all day and see if he can hang 

Henderson may have been better off in this day and age of the NFL.    He was managing the Crohn's disease with a banned substance that is no longer banned, missed almost an entire year because of it.      The surgery he had prior to the suspensions sounded agonizing.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lost said:

He won't be so kumbaya when they start off 0-2

It may be even worse than that. Check out their early schedule.

Vs. Bills

@ Dallas

Vs Pats

Vs KC

@ Den

Vs Philly

Now I will say it seems the schedule makers did them a slight favor. 3 of their hardest games at home in the beginning of the season.

I see them beating Denver. I see the Pats game as a toss up. Then Buffalo, Dallas, Philly and KC are all games that they may struggle. 2-4 or even 1-5 after 6 weeks is not out of the realm of possibility....and boy that NY media will make it even more insufferable for them. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Vs. Bills

@ Dallas

Vs Pats

Vs KC

@ Den

Vs Philly

Now I will say it seems the schedule makers did them a slight favor. 3 of their hardest games at home in the beginning of the season.

I see them beating Denver. I see the Pats game as a toss up. Then Buffalo, Dallas, Philly and KC are all games that they may struggle. 2-4 or even 1-5 after 6 weeks is not out of the realm of possibility....and boy that NY media will make it even more insufferable for them. 

On the flip side take a look at the Bills schedule after the Jets game.

Raiders, at Commanders, Dolphins, Jaguars (London), Giants, at Pats, Bucs then comes a tough one at Bengals.

I don't want to say the Dolphins and Jags games will be easy because they won't. If the Bills can beat the Jets, then they have good chance to run the table up till the Bengals game. 

37 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Vs. Bills

@ Dallas

Vs Pats

Vs KC

@ Den

Vs Philly

I would think Sean Payton's comments would put a little extra "***** in their whatever-it-is-NJ-dwellers-eat-instead-of-grits" .......fruit loops?

Aaron Rodgers looks as though he ought to be coaching.

Just now, Beck Water said:

I would think Sean Payton's comments would put a little extra "***** in their whatever-it-is-NJ-dwellers-eat-instead-of-grits" .......fruit loops?

Aaron Rodgers looks as though he ought to be coaching.

It very well could. Flip side...Denver may just be juiced going against Hackett and want to prove he was the issue last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

People act like flash in the pan lineman don't happen

Most of the RTs in the NFL aren't early round picks 

Senterell Henderson came in day 1 7th round pick and started ... Out of the league after 1 contract 

More than likely he won't be able to keep the weight off and he won't be able to beat speed rushers 

Yep.    Former #1 overall recruit Seantrell.   RT is where guys who can't play LT go.   Drafting one very early has to be one of the higher risk/lower return picks a team can make.   Because the things that make them RT's instead of LT's also make them more likely to bust or flame out quick.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Except for the one throw. Zach didn't look good tonight. No TD drives against scrubs. If Rodgers gets hurt, they are ****ed. He only gives them 2 years. They still have a long-term problem at QB. Even though its preseason, at least the Jets lost which is always nice to see.

This is what's so amazing about the jets situation.

They have tons of talent on rookie deals and Aaron who is old.

So their "window" is literally just 2-3 years before Aaron retires and/or sucks and they can't pay their talent on second contracts.

Their team will self destruct in 2ish years, so they REALLY have pressure on them. Josh has a decade left and our window stays open until he gets old and retires or sucks.

• Like (+1) 1

The last OL that was sliding and Bills fans were begging the team to take was Trey Smith.  

Really hope that isn’t the case again with Dawand Jones .. who I distinctly remember Bills fans clamoring for in RD3. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

This is what's so amazing about the jets situation.

They have tons of talent on rookie deals and Aaron who is old.

So their "window" is literally just 2-3 years before Aaron retires and/or sucks and they can't pay their talent on second contracts.

Their team will self destruct in 2ish years, so they REALLY have pressure on them. Josh has a decade left and our window stays open until he gets old and retires or sucks.

Interesting way to look at it.  If the Jets win 3 games (Aaron sucks) or 13, neither would shock me this year.  

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep.    Former #1 overall recruit Seantrell.   RT is where guys who can't play LT go.   Drafting one very early has to be one of the higher risk/lower return picks a team can make.   Because the things that make them RT's instead of LT's also make them more likely to bust or flame out quick.

Seantrell was drafted the same year we drafted Cyrus "Cujo" Kouandjio in the second round, whom the O-line coach referred to as "Venus De Milo" to his face. But Henderson's problems staying in the league stemmed from his Crohn's disease, which had become so severe, that his colon literally detached. It was honestly pretty impressive that he fought his way back onto the field at all, after losing 35 pounds, and three feet of his colon. And the biggest issue after his recovery was his use of medical marijuana, in which the league was intransigent. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Pathetic.

That over a ridiculous preseason game?  I am sure the big fat Browns fan base are real proud of tormenting young Jets fans and making them move or get kicked out, what an accomplishment.

I know the Browns lost a significant number of die-hard fans after the team mortgaged the farm to hire a rapist. After watching that video, I had to wonder if the Browns' fanbase doesn't have a higher percentage of ***** as a result?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Seantrell was drafted the same year we drafted Cyrus "Cujo" Kouandjio in the second round, whom the O-line coach referred to as "Venus De Milo" to his face. But Henderson's problems staying in the league stemmed from his Crohn's disease, which had become so severe, that his colon literally detached. It was honestly pretty impressive that he fought his way back onto the field at all, after losing 35 pounds, and three feet of his colon. And the biggest issue after his recovery was his use of medical marijuana, in which the league was intransigent. 

The point was there are dozens of RTs who play good for 15 snaps or 8 games 

It takes a different one to play good for 6 seasons in a row ... It's why they are on the right 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.