Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

Sabres have to get something going against the Hurricanes tonight. I was checking the game preview and while the Hurricanes have thoroughly outshot their opponents in the last couple of games, they've lost. None of their goalies have a save percentage above .900. As Rob Ray says in his "keys to the game" in just about every game, "get pucks to the net!"

Then there's the other side. It seems every time they appear to have their no. 1 goalie, he turns in to a pork chop. UPL's inconsistencies are looming again. Maybe Comrie tonight? 

This is like the early Bills drought years (before the Sabres' drought)......It's late November-early December and I'm turning to hockey as my sole sportiveness. 

Edited by Fleezoid

22 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

It's late November-early December and I'm turning to hockey as my sole sportiveness. 

Same here. It's pretty depressing. Who thought the Bills would be at .500 and flirting with a losing season..

The Bandits are champions and fun to watch, too bad their TV presence is nil, I'm not going in person.

7 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm not sure how much longer I am going to be able to tolerate tuning into Sabres games.  This team has become lifeless.  There's no way this team sniffs the playoffs this year

Should Marketing bring out a Buffalo Bills colour scheme uniform?  Might not improve the Sabres' efforts, but it's good for the balance sheets. 🤔

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Should Marketing bring out a Buffalo Bills colour scheme uniform?  Might not improve the Sabres' efforts, but it's good for the balance sheets. 🤔

Not sure there's any marketing that can save things right now...fans are going to be tuning out in droves if this type of effort keep showing up

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm not sure how much longer I am going to be able to tolerate tuning into Sabres games.  This team has become lifeless.  There's no way this team sniffs the playoffs this year

Yeah, I’ve already kind of lost interest again. Not totally. I’ll flip the game on to check the score, and will maybe watch a bit if they look decent. But I haven’t sat to watch a whole game in a couple weeks now.

such a shame. They were finally winning the fans back and now they’re pissing away all that progress they made with the fan base.

I don’t know wtf happened to the fun to watch team from last season 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don’t know wtf happened to the fun to watch team from last season

The only two outliers I see as far as statistics are shots per game and save%.

They are in the bottom 5 of those two rankings and middle of the pack everywhere else.

I still think they'll keep getting slowly better as the year goes on, but the inconsistency is going to be maddening to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/2/2023 at 11:49 AM, Fleezoid said:

This is like the early Bills drought years (before the Sabres' drought)......It's late November-early December and I'm turning to hockey as my sole sportiveness. 

I am far more interested in my college basketball team than I have been in several years. We need options to avoid madness, I suppose. Find healthy outlets for your fandom! 

14 hours ago, Augie said:

I am far more interested in my college basketball team than I have been in several years. We need options to avoid madness, I suppose. Find healthy outlets for your fandom! 

Since the Sabres also suck and aren’t what we were hoping for, I’m focusing on ski season. Annual “guys trip” coming up quickly in mid January. Have been diligent riding the Pelaton to get the legs ready and going to get a little “warmup” in Ellicottville over new years.

Also supposed to be going to the Bills game vs the Pats on NYE, but may end up skipping the game and staying in the slopes depending on the results of the next few weeks 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/3/2023 at 4:48 PM, Augie said:

I think my fandom will now be wishing every sports team from every other city will lose horribly! That's healthy, right?

1 hour ago, Fleezoid said:

I think my fandom will now be wishing every sports team from every other city will lose horribly! That's healthy, right?

I checked with my therapist, Dr. Jack Daniels, and he said you should be fine. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Draconator said:

Well, that rochester stint didn’t last too long… he played a whole 2 games! lol 

Probably has to do with Comrie looking like dog **** in both his starts.

Maybe they felt the competition with Levi was pushing UPL more too?

Levi did look good in Rochester but again he only played 2 games. I’m not really understanding the point of sending him down. Unless they felt he just needed a couple good games to get his mojo back?

Got to love this quote about him , "Robinson established himself as a speedy NHL winger, who brings some size and two-way capabilities to the club. He’s mostly thought of as an effective penalty killer, but he doesn’t bring a ton else to the table. He’s not overly physical, he doesn’t have much of a scoring touch; really, the best thing you can say about him is that usually, when he’s on the ice, nothing really happens. He’s a classic replacement level player"

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Well, that rochester stint didn’t last too long… he played a whole 2 games! lol 

Probably has to do with Comrie looking like dog **** in both his starts.

Maybe they felt the competition with Levi was pushing UPL more too?

Levi did look good in Rochester but again he only played 2 games. I’m not really understanding the point of sending him down. Unless they felt he just needed a couple good games to get his mojo back?

UPL had an illness before the last game. They only brought Levi up as a backup plan.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Got to love this quote about him , "Robinson established himself as a speedy NHL winger, who brings some size and two-way capabilities to the club. He’s mostly thought of as an effective penalty killer, but he doesn’t bring a ton else to the table. He’s not overly physical, he doesn’t have much of a scoring touch; really, the best thing you can say about him is that usually, when he’s on the ice, nothing really happens. He’s a classic replacement level player"

Seems like the typical Kevyn Adams trade… low cost, bottom of the roster replacement level acquisitions. lol

Hopefully we only gave up future considerations. He was on waivers earlier this season and has played more in the AHL than NHL this season.

Edited by BillsFan4

8 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

I'm gonna watch until it's over. Somewhere between 10-15 minutes of the 1st period. 

nanny nanny boo boo Sabres won! In Baaston.hahahaa

and maybe just maybe the pats* will be doing the Bills a solid by beating Pittsburgh tonight. 2nd half upcoming---

• Shocked 1