Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

27 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

For sure but even guys like Rinehart didn't even make it coming out and he was #2 overall

He is gonna be a gem

I'm pretty sure Reinhart started with the team. 18 and 19yr-olds can play 9 games without burning a year of their entry-level contracts. That's the same situation Benson is in right now.

• Like (+1) 1

I have never been an active watcher of the NHL that much until last season. Hence this is my first  full Sabres season during NFL  football season. Im really looking forward to it. 

I am guessing I have continuing coverage with my ESPN Plus subscription. Unless any of you have any updates regarding watching them out of the area other than that please let me know.

EDIT: I just checked ESPN PLUS still works. Thanks anyway

They are building a juggernaut.  It's a great time to be a Sabres fan! 

GO SABRES!

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, muppy said:

I have never been an active watcher of the NHL that much until last season. Hence this is my first  full Sabres season during NFL  football season. Im really looking forward to it. 

I am guessing I have continuing coverage with my ESPN Plus subscription. Unless any of you have any updates regarding watching them out of the area other than that please let me know.

EDIT: I just checked ESPN PLUS still works. Thanks anyway

They are building a juggernaut.  It's a great time to be a Sabres fan! 

GO SABRES!

Should be an awesome season for the Sab's...definitely worth it to get on board now and not wait until after the NFL season is over.  Welcome aboard Muppy! 

• Like (+1) 1

As an Isles fan the Rangers will always be public enemy #1 when it comes to hockey. I want to wish the Sabres good luck this season. I do think they will make the playoffs. As for tonight I hope they kick the Rangers asses. Start the season off with win. Go Sabres.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 4

Opening night!!!!

I am really excited for this season. I actually plan to watch every game I can. That’s the first time I’ve said that before a season in at least a couple/few years now. I used to always watch every game, every interview, etc. but all the losing just killed my interest. Now I’m back to being excited

My only real concern is goaltending. I’m not 100% sold on Clifton and EJ but I do feel better knowing they at least addressed the defense. Goaltending feels like a huge gamble to me. Honestly, I still can’t believe we are entering the season with a 21yr old rookie set to be their #1 with no real backup plan outside of the 2 guys that already failed last season (and neither were even able to lock down a backup role this preseason, which doesn’t make me feel too good about either of them at the moment). Don’t get me wrong, I am hopeful Levi is up to the task. But it’s hard not to be worried about the plan, especially when there’s so few 21yr old goalies that have stepped into starting roles in the NHL right from college and even fewer that have done well. We obviously all hope Levi is different and up to the challenge but it sure would’ve been nice to have a legit backup plan.

4 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Opening night!!!!

I am really excited for this season. I actually plan to watch every game I can. That’s the first time I’ve said that before a season in at least a couple/few years now. I used to always watch every game, every interview, etc. but all the losing just killed my interest. Now I’m back to being excited

When I was much younger, back when there were only 21 teams, I normally wouldn't get in to hockey until close to the new year. One year, I think it was around 1980, I said the same thing..."I'm gonna watch every game starting with game 1." Well, that was the first year I can remember the Sabres didn't make the playoffs. 

Power had a rough first period.  Couple of turnovers, unable to get to the rebound or defend the pass to avoid the first goal.  Levi probably could have done better with the rebound.  Joker was no help.

Benson looked pretty sharp.  Couple of really nice touch passes to setup teammates.  He looks dangerous out there.  Besides the time he decided to become the 3rd forward behind the offensive net, his positioning stands out in a good way.  The shorthanded goal was on him and a lack of awareness.  

Levi played a decent game.  Not much he could do on 3 of the 4 goals allowed.  He made some nice stops to keep it close into the 3rd.

First line was mostly ineffective. Skinner had a few chances.  Cozens line was by far the most dangerous although Dylan might be playing with a hole in his stick.

Hit a couple of posts which could have changed the game but Buffalo wasn't dangerous enough.  Sabres did not generate a ton of quality chances.  So many f@#$ing shots blocked. The Rangers did well to clog shooting lanes but Dahlin and Cozens need to be better and Tage has to put pucks on goal.

Refs were bad through two periods. The calls on Benson and Greenway were atrocious.  

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, QCity said:

Rangers blocked 23 shots, that's crazy. Sabres really looked flat for most of the night, they grip the sticks too tight at home.

The Rags were playing D and penalty killing like its the conference finals.  Good for them but its a long season.  Dahlin and Cozens need to get shots off quicker.